• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

360pages

svGLzBF.gif

I knew what it was before I clicked it...but I clicked it anyway.

360pages

I still find it hilarious that Capcom thought the old DMC games were too anime so they changed it. And that same year, Naruto Storm 3 comes out, an actual Anime game comes out and outsells it.

Xiraiya

I still find it hilarious that Capcom thought the old DMC games were too anime so they changed it. And that same year, Naruto Storm 3 comes out, an actual Anime game comes out and outsells it.

Are you referring to DmC? I thought it was developed by western people and that's why it got changed.

So sjay talking about laughing reminded me we learned "yomimasu" today, which is "to read"

I had to hold myself back from laughing because I'm a huge loser

It's ironic considering that Nintendo is now the only ones who treat Sonic with respect in video games
So sjay talking about laughing reminded me we learned "yomimasu" today, which is "to read"

I had to hold myself back from laughing because I'm a huge loser

I hope you informed the class that Yomi is the Japanese word for reading the minds of the opponent.

Xiraiya

They gave it to them to "westernize" the series in hoping that it would become even more popular. Capcom basically thought that was a good idea.

That's dumb, I was initially under the impression Capcom just wanted another DMC game so those guys did it and were like "You know what would be cool? changing the main character's look completely"

I always wondered what kind of goddamn balls a group would have to have to take that risk on a very clearly beloved series and think it's a good idea.

It makes more sense now that I know it was Capcom being stupid.

I think that's the worst thing about it all, they could have called that game anything, or even kept the name and instead named the characters almost anything other than pre-existing characters and it would have been fine.

What, sure the gameplay is slow, but I think the look of the game holds up quite well. At least compared to Abyss.

Abyss has horrible characters and terrible pacing but the combat works really well.

And the Symphonia combat feels so stiff. I am not having fun with this. I don't remember it being this slow.

360pages

Abyss has horrible characters and terrible pacing but the combat works really well.

And the Symphonia combat feels so stiff. I am not having fun with this. I don't remember it being this slow.

I can see that, it was their first 3D action RPG the studio did. As well as one of the legit first 3D action RPGs that had a party of 4 battling at the same time.

I don't remember it being that bad.
It had been years since I played it, and when I went back to it, the combat felt really stiff. I wasn't having fun with it. It's really disappointing going back to a game you really liked and not having any fun with it anymore. The combat is just so stiff.

Top Bottom