• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

Xiraiya

Aw, PCSX2 seems to crash an awful lot.
:<

I can't stand PCSX2, it's always been fussy and broken, sometimes you could get lucky, the requirements to run most games at full speed is generally extreme even by emulator standards, especially when there are other emulators that are much more efficient in general, Dolphin was better, still a bit hit and miss, but better regardless.

ppsspp is incredible though on every level, doesn't take much, runs at high speed, looks great, whoever created it knew what they were doing.
mPZJ9s.png

Emouse

I can't stand PCSX2, it's always been fussy and broken, sometimes you could get lucky, the requirements to run most games at full speed is generally extreme even by emulator standards, especially when there are other emulators that are much more efficient in general, Dolphin was better, still a bit hit and miss, but better regardless.

ppsspp is incredible though on every level, doesn't take much, runs at high speed, looks great, whoever created it knew what they were doing.

Wow that looks really great, might look into this at some point

Rizzi

I just want DQ VIII to look nice. :<

Except they're really not. I played it not too long ago and it holds up perfectly fine. I think you're just really jaded.

Not jaded, but just not exactly clamoring for Banjo 3 like everyone else wants.

Tooie was saved by the better controls and the mini games.

I'd put Tooie over Banjo 1.

I also can't go back to the non-linear stuff that BK1 wanted.

I also strongly prefer objective based collecting that SM64 nailed down. It's easily consumable in bite sizes. Banjo is exhausting to play.

Neol

Definitely would recommend PPSSPP.

Games look beautiful and being able to configure the controls so that the second analog stick on my controller controls the camera for Birth By Sleep is a godsend.

360pages

Tooie I personally find too big for its own good. But the lower difficulty did help traveling easier.

I also can't go back to the non-linear stuff that BK1 wanted.

I also strongly prefer objective based collecting that SM64 nailed down. It's easily consumable in bite sizes. Banjo is exhausting to play.

go play your mobile games if you want games in consumable bite sizes.

Xiraiya

Games look beautiful and being able to configure the controls so that the second analog stick on my controller controls the camera for Birth By Sleep is a godsend.

It's really good.
Then there is the unexpected perk when HD re-releases for PS3 happen to still work

PPSSPP is one of my favorites. Dolphin and Jnes are awesome too.

It's fucking great. Like one of the best, if not the best. I love it
Loc musta had fun with that. I bet the JP one was really boring if they went with the Megami Tensei book reference
Wondering what the JP thing was like now
It sure is. P3 has a lot of cool throwbacks to P1 and P2.
I am okay with this
Yeah today's is a winner

360pages

Of course there is nothing stopping you from stopping and playing Kazooie in bites. Especially the 360 version that allowed you to keep all the note you collect.

semisonic

Banned

can i use it to play muh berserk japanime games

go play your mobile games if you want games in consumable bite sizes.

I don't find having to get 100 notes again after I died a fun endeavor.

Or being unable to properly aim my blue eggs without some reticle of sorts.

That's not fun.

Or super easy jigsaw puzzles.

But I digress.

I'll stop, because I know how salt people can get over the game.

Well, today i've been rewatching the Sam Raimi Spiderman movies. I have to admit, I love these movies. Even 3, even though it's the worst out of them. I love them so much.

semisonic

Banned
Also I heard yall fuckers shitting on old rareware
if you don't like collectathons then that's fine
but as the person who's probably played banjo kazooie more than anyone else here
(maybe less so with tooie just because of how fucking big it is)
I gots to step in and defend this shit
It's not nostalgia, it's good design, controls, and charm.
I'd say this because when I do my yearly replaying I don't think about how much fun I used to have with this game. I think about how much fun I'm having right now.
That's what differentiates nostalgia goggles from just enjoying a really good game.
I'd say the best way to play is the 360 game. It wasn't perfect when it came out
IF YOU SUCK AT IT
, but with the notes no longer resetting on a per death basis.
As for the reticle and all the controls overall, those are fixed in dk64banjo-tooie, and always bother me going back to the original. Besides the movelist improvements that set tooie as a proper sequel, there's just clearly different design decisions being made in tooie than kazooie that resulted in more minigames, larger maps, and less collectibles.
It's a matter of personal preference which you prefer, but it's not fair to just ignore the remakes and ports when you're discussing either,as well as the things that changed in the sequel.
It is, however, fair to ignore nuts and bolts.
That game wasn't terrible, but holy hell was it not a banjo game.

Alfebit

Banned
but as the person who's probably played banjo kazooie more than anyone else here
I'd say this because when I do my yearly replaying I don't think about how much fun I used to have with this game. I think about how much fun I'm having right now.
That's what differentiates nostalgia goggles from just enjoying a really good game.
I'd say the best way to play is the 360 game. It wasn't perfect when it came out
IF YOU SUCK AT IT
As for the reticle and all the controls overall, those are fixed in dk64banjo-tooie, and always bother me going back to the original. Besides the movelist improvements that set tooie as a proper sequel, there's just clearly different design decisions being made in tooie than kazooie that resulted in more minigames, larger maps, and less collectibles.
It's a matter of personal preference which you prefer, but it's not fair to just ignore the remakes and ports when you're discussing either,as well as the things that changed in the sequel.

Opinions, amirite?

Mathaou

legacy of cane
IF YOU SUCK AT IT

image.php
You seem upset.

Top Bottom