• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

Even though I'm playing through P3 for the first tiem with FES, I know who the whole team is and I know what happens to
Minato/Yuki/whatever at the end
simply because it's so old it's hard to avoid that. I know absolutely nothing else about the game though and didn't even know Fuuka was a character, let alone an ally until like a month ago.

I'm most interested in seeing what the deal with Aigis is because she really interest me. I also wanna see if the Yukari hate is warranted, because I feel like it's not.

Zenfalcia

Join us~
ChiePshawIcon.jpg~c200
The more the merrier.

Up to you, you'll get tired eventually.
Let me in on that dick.
aww yeah.
Oh people give no fucks.
I got largely spoiled on 3 and 4 without trying, right now only one and two are safe for me.
I bet they don't.

I want to ask a podcast question about it, but woolie doesn't seem to ever get at mine. :/

Zenfalcia

hqdefault.jpg

I'm not 100% sure where I'm going but let's just keep going
Can't stop, won't stop.
Even though I'm playing through P3 for the first tiem with FES, I know who the whole team is and I know what happens to
Minato/Yuki/whatever at the end
simply because it's so old it's hard to avoid that. I know absolutely nothing else about the game though and didn't even know Fuuka was a character, let alone an ally until like a month ago.

I'm most interested in seeing what the deal with Aigis is because she really interest me. I also wanna see if the Yukari hate is warranted, because I feel like it's not.
It's not quite warranted for Pat's extreme dislike due to misinformation and not actually finishing the game... You're lucky you haven't been spoiled much, the last part isn't so much of a large spoiler since it's just a small thing not majorly important to the story.

Skrams

I have a Wii U. I just don't like Musou, then heard nothing about Lana other than how she's trash, then saw her doing anime dances and was like yooooo.

I've played all the Neptunia games. I hate them and love them at the same time.
If you dislike it then that's fine. If it's dislike out of what the genre looks to be without having played the genre then give it a spin. I didn't play musou before Hyrule Warriors and it's pretty good.

Also it's the anime/console wars conflicting with the bad gameplay right?

Also ZoE HD on PS3 is alright from what I've heard.
He really should. It's pretty good.
And I think that, maybe because I've been playing them since before I could read, I might be into Zelda harder than anyone but Mathaou. Displayed above is a sterling example of why I don't dare go out into the scary world of /gaming. Because I would get banned in a second every time a nintendoomed thread comes on. I can handles individual people shitting on the things I love but when there's the banding together without someone to defend it I get super salt and have to aggressively rebut.
It's a problem I know I have. But jeez, I never knew how many people hated these largely beloved things that I too partake in until I got here. I'm not happier for the knowledge.

I didn't have a memory card at the time because of reasons so I played the wind waker intro a lot. I didn't play any Zeldas prior to this, but man, that wind waker intro is ingrained into my head. To this day I haven't finished Wind Waker because I don't know. If Majoras Mask does the same thing that Wind Waker intro does of making me weirdly depressed then I should play it. Also yeah, people hate your favorite franchises and games on the Neo. It's something you'll have to accept.

Boy, you guys sure won't let this go will you.

This train ain't neva gonna stop.

Rizzi

Hyrule Warriors is really good. It gets pretty difficult rather quickly, which I kind of like.
I installed the Nevada Skies mod for New Vegas in my ongoing quest to tinker with mods. I like it, I just wish the rain didn't murder my frame rate. Sand storms are cool looking though.

If you dislike it then that's fine. If it's dislike out of what the genre looks to be without having played the genre then give it a spin. I didn't play musou before Hyrule Warriors and it's pretty good.

Also it's the anime/console wars conflicting with the bad gameplay right?

I've played a lot of Gundam/One Piece musou and a few Dynasty Warriors games, but I just find the whole thing too repetitive. I might look into Hyrule later if I can get it cheap, but even if it's the best musou I just can't justify a full priced game that I already have a preference against.

Yeah. Consoles are anime girls and their companies are kingdoms. Neptunia is the canceled Sega Neptune and there's just a bunch of dumb fun jokes.

The gameplay has gotten better, it started terrible and is now completely acceptable. Re;Birth 1 and 2 are both legit good games in my opinion.

SteveTR

I'm so confused by the Pat situation. Did he beat Persona 3? Did he not beat Persona 3? Is Pat even a real human being, or is he just an alien trying to fit in?

Numb

Hyrule Warriors is literally the only muso I have touched.

You curious to try others?
Problem with the games can be the copy and pasting of everything to other franchises like Onepiece or Fist of the north star.
But ifyou are new you might enjoy playing them

Rizzi

You curious to try others?
Problem with the games can be the copy and pasting of everything to other franchises like Onepiece or Fist of the north star.
But ifyou are new you might enjoy playing them

I don't know. There's another one on the Wii U right?

SteveTR

What if the Zaibatsu don't actually play video games and are just actors with scripts? This would make Pat's comment an out of character comment.

Skrams

I'm so confused by the Pat situation. Did he beat Persona 3? Did he not beat Persona 3? Is Pat even a real human being, or is he just an alien trying to fit in?

Sock Puppet

I've played a lot of Gundam/One Piece musou and a few Dynasty Warriors games, but I just find the whole thing too repetitive. I might look into Hyrule later if I can get it cheap, but even if it's the best musou I just can't justify a full priced game that I already have a preference against.

Yeah. Consoles are anime girls and their companies are kingdoms. Neptunia is the canceled Sega Neptune and there's just a bunch of dumb fun jokes.

The gameplay has gotten better, it started terrible and is now completely acceptable. Re;Birth 1 and 2 are both legit good games in my opinion.

I guess I'll have to try Rebirth one of these days then just to see if it's alright. I figured it was average or mediocre, but eh, maybe I'll find it alright. Also it's a nintendo game so good luck on getting it for less than $45.

Zenfalcia

Late replies to the people who are sleeping and will never see this.
You find it in a chest in No Mans Wharf in the same room as Gavlan, or you can buy it from Vengarl in the Shaded Woods.
Hm..I'm not that excited for MGS5 either, I wanna hear how it is before I buy it.
I wanted to see what was worth $150 or however much it was.
Big boss looks good.
Except the game literally goes out of its way several times to hint at an actual relationship between Yukari and MC specifically. Probably also part of why Yukari acts the way she does in The Answer. I'm not sure about the article being valid, but I remember something along the lines of Yukari initially being the main romance, but them eventually deciding against forcing that choice and adding more options (which is why the Yukari scenes with the MC remain). Aigis is definitely important, but I just can't see her as the canon girl for the MC. Hell, I really like Aigis, but I personally just don't see it working.
PG answered this for me. you may not feel like it will work, but they're going to try to make it work regardless because she is canon girl. It also works into the answer.

Top Bottom