• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

Matt can't even handle America cuisine that fraud. He needs to come to Jersey so I can bring him on campus and let him try the grease trucks. Now that's real American food.

Also picked up bloodborne. 3 people ahead of me in line and one was to preorder MKX while the other two were picking up the borderlands collection smh.

Matt can't even handle America cuisine that fraud. He needs to come to Jersey so I can bring him on campus and let him try the grease trucks. Now that's real American food.

Also picked up bloodborne. 3 people ahead of me in line and one was to preorder MKX while the other two were picking up the borderlands collection smh.

WHY? Jersey is doo-doo.

If I wanted to poison Matt with greasy food, I'd invite him to NYC and have him try the numerous Halal Street venders near my office.

Yeah, he has been brought up a few times. I think Pat is 27 or 28? Somewhere around there at least

Jeez, you guys. We're getting older. It's really scurry.

Zenfalcia

I don't know. Maybe.
It's only going to become cheaper as people transition to PS4s, which is great for people like me who are generations late to the party.
They don't even have good tastes SMH. MKX is barely a fighting game if you think about it.
Jeez, you guys. We're getting older. It's really scurry.
You guys are old. Old men.
I'm so mad right now. Really Amazon? You think I'm going to approve a delay until April 18th?! Fuck off.
image.php

It's fiiiiiine.

Zenfalcia

Alfebit

Banned
Call Customer Support. Threaten to pull the order.

If you're a Prime Customer, threaten your membership too.

I just canceled it. There's no way it'd be out for delivery today if it already hasn't been sent to the UPS. I'd rather go to gamestop than wait for them to send a copy tomorow.

Skrams

It's currently on a UPS truck somewhere heading for my mailbox. I'm hype and also disappointed because 2.7 GB day one patch means I'll have to play offline for a few hours at the start. I should do something to kill time, but I don't feel like doing anything because god damn Bloodborne is so close. I have a possible 36 hours to play it with little to no interruption. Gonna be good.

Also glad the podcast got fixed. I had already downloaded it, but I'll just redownload it later today then.

WHY? Jersey is doo-doo.

If I wanted to poison Matt with greasy food, I'd invite him to NYC and have him try the numerous Halal Street venders near my office.

I've been to those around NYC. Absolutely Disgusting. The hotdogs are really good tho.

If he wants good ME food come to where I work or go to the Middle East.

Bloodborne CE is beautiful. The silver looks great on the steelbook and I can't wait to go through the soundtrack and artbook after I finish the game.

beinfilms

Fuck it, new avatar. (I'll probably change with the new thread, anyway, but I was inspired.) I'll make it look less terrible when I'm not on mobileGAF.

Never forget.

Wow I didn't know the bloodborne CE gave the whole soundtrack. I thought it was just a collections sound disc. That's pretty fucking amazing. Even if it is digital.

Yeah, I've checked their availability and there's a ton of gamestops in my area that have them in stock. I'll just remember to call ahead and have them hold one for me before I head out.

Put a hold on the site. Pick it up in store.

I did that with some games I've found on their site.

semisonic

Banned
so I got a question about Armored Core for answer.
I'm about to pick up a copy but I need to know if the online servers are still active, so I can do my co op run
I've looked online but I can't find any answers besides that Armored Core 5 servers have shut down

croten

Wow I didn't know the bloodborne CE gave the whole soundtrack. I thought it was just a collections sound disc. That's pretty fucking amazing. Even if it is digital.

Dark Souls did that, I have it.
so I got a question about Armored Core for answer.
I'm about to pick up a copy but I need to know if the online servers are still active, so I can do my co op run
I've looked online but I can't find any answers besides that Armored Core 5 servers have shut down

I checked this morning, didn't play anything but I found a lobby with at least one person.

360pages

Also, the Podcast was amazing. Still can't get over. "God forbid a game ends after 200 hours" - Liam.

Also, I honestly couldn't imagine a Pokemon game with only 30 pokemon. Or even 150. For the main game sure, but post game I want everyone available

I'm so mad right now. Really Amazon? You think I'm going to approve a delay until April 18th?! Fuck off.

Amazon is fucking garbage for new games. The worst. Either go digital or go to a best buy/GS. I like amazon for older stuff as much as the next guy, but idk how places like GS get the shit they do when amazon keeps pulling BS like this.

Zenfalcia

It's currently on a UPS truck somewhere heading for my mailbox. I'm hype and also disappointed because 2.7 GB day one patch means I'll have to play offline for a few hours at the start. I should do something to kill time, but I don't feel like doing anything because god damn Bloodborne is so close. I have a possible 36 hours to play it with little to no interruption. Gonna be good.

Also glad the podcast got fixed. I had already downloaded it, but I'll just redownload it later today then.
Yes, it will be good.
Yeah, I've checked their availability and there's a ton of gamestops in my area that have them in stock. I'll just remember to call ahead and have them hold one for me before I head out.
That's good, it'll be terrible if they had none left.
On time, should be here by 8pm
That'll be fun.
The whole soundtrack? That's amazing.

Also, the Podcast was amazing. Still can't get over. "God forbid a game ends after 200 hours" - Liam.

Also, I honestly couldn't imagine a Pokemon game with only 30 pokemon. Or even 150. For the main game sure, but post game I want everyone available

"God forbid a game ends after 200 hours" - Liam.

That should be on a shirt w/ Liam's face on it.

Xiraiya

I remember when Xenoverse was sold out everywhere I visited. That was a nightmare.

PQ missions are a goddamn pain, getting special objectives must be random.

At first I thought people were being crazy saying it's random because I had like 9 or 10 attempts at one mission where it was like "Defeat Piccolo/Gohan" And if you were really lucky, you'd get the Goku encounter and get all the bonuses and so on, so I did it a few times and each time I killed Piccolo first, nothing would happen and it would end after they were both dead.

But then I found killing people in certain orders (Such as Gohan first to Trigger Goku and Killing Piccolo first in the Raditz mission to trigger Gohan), was actually guaranteeing the special encounters/objectives everytime.

So I thought "Okay, it's not random, there is just a specific order that you need to do things to trigger these events, that makes sense" And my method of doing things in a certain order worked reliably, for awhile, but now I'm thinking maybe it is random.

That's really my only gripe with Xenoverse, yeah rewards could work a little better, but triggering events and special objectives in a mission absolutely should be order based and not chance, that's just annoying.

Replaying for rewards is fine because once you complete it, get the highest score you can get, you can just play it normally for gear and skills and it's fun.

360pages

At first I thought people were being crazy saying it's random because I had like 9 or 10 attempts at one mission where it was like "Defeat Piccolo/Gohan" And if you were really lucky, you'd get the Goku encounter and get all the bonuses and so on, so I did it a few times and each time I killed Piccolo first, nothing would happen and it would end after they were both dead.

But then I found killing people in certain orders (Such as Gohan first to Trigger Goku and Killing Piccolo first in the Raditz mission to trigger Gohan), was actually guaranteeing the special encounters/objectives everytime.

So I thought "Okay, it's not random, there is just a specific order that you need to do things to trigger these events, that makes sense" And my method of doing things in a certain order worked reliably, for awhile, but now I'm thinking maybe it is random.

That's really my only gripe with Xenoverse, yeah rewards could work a little better, but triggering events and special objectives in a mission absolutely should be order based and not chance, that's just annoying.

Replaying for rewards is fine because once you complete it, get the highest score you can get, you can just play it normally for gear and skills and it's fun.

Yeah, some of the drop rates can get super annoying at times. I wish clearing things faster would help. Getting the extra objectives seems dependent on how fast you clear the first objective. (Usually under 5 min)

Xiraiya

My first CE order for a souls game so I'm just a little surprised. DS2 had just a collections CD with its black armor whatever edition as most games do, so it was just surprising.

I'm pretty sure my version of DS2 has the soundtrack with it, but maybe it was a Steam thing, who knows.

Rean

Yeah I think the kill order and keeping whatever ally you have on the mission over 50% health factor into some missions. I'm pretty sure thats how you activate a lot of the goku fights on namek.

Pqs are absolutely random. Damb near everything is determined by an rng. Items, ultimate finish missions, masters in the hub. It's the only issue with the game. Everything else is solid.

Also, what's up y'all? I'm back.

What an amazing system

Well, I don't care enough for the online to wait another 90 min. Offline mode it is!

Got 90 minutes on my download too. Boy I hope I get to play the game today.

I'm pretty sure my version of DS2 has the soundtrack with it, but maybe it was a Steam thing, who knows.

Probably. It might be the whole soundtrack, I only put it in like once and it was about a year ago so I'm probably wrong.

Xiraiya

Yeah, some of the drop rates can get super annoying at times. I wish clearing things faster would help. Getting the extra objectives seems dependent on how fast you clear the first objective. (Usually under 5 min)

Speed doesn't matter beyond a certain point.
I was messing with a CE table that did things like freeze mission time, because I was curious about how could break the game in offline mode.

Top Bottom