• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

Quick question, should I buy a wii u pro controller? Don't like how big the Wii u pad is playing hyrule warriors, I feel like I'm gonna drop it some times. If I do buy one should I get the official one for £36 or those non official ones for £13

Quick question, should I buy a wii u pro controller? Don't like how big the Wii u pad is playing hyrule warriors, I feel like I'm gonna drop it some times. If I do buy one should I get the official one for £36 or those non official ones for £13

Pro controller is probably the greatest Nintendo controller ever. Yes you should and go for the legit one.

360pages

Speed doesn't matter beyond a certain point.
I was messing with a CE table that did things like freeze mission time, because I was curious about how could break the game in offline mode.

Hmm, it's weird. I'm more concerned with some of the drop rates, since some missions have to be worked to the ground to get a certain drop. That being said, the game is missions rarely ever go past 15 min.

360pages

It was funny, but Pat is totally right, the game could use some stuff that goes after G rank ends, but Apex is a weird ass solution

I legit don't know why the didn't just make stronger monsters. Not a strong as Apex, but strong enough that you should probably get the strongest equipment in the game to face.

I would recommend it, it is a pretty good controller.

36 Euros.

That seems way cheaper than the 60 dollar controllers I've seen.

I thin for one game, it might not be so worth it.

Hmm, it's weird. I'm more concerned with some of the drop rates, since some missions have to be worked to the ground to get a certain drop. That being said, the game is missions rarely ever go past 15 min.
Some of the drop rates are ridiculous. Took my half a day to get super saiyan to drop. Then I found out you can just buy it later on. And that's the way alot of skills are. If you want it, odds are it'll show up in the shop at some point.

Just started a new manga after finishing Koisome Momiji. It felt pretty unfulfilled if I have to say anything. I enjoyed it, it was short, it was sweet, I just didn't like the outcome
THIS IS WHY YOU SHOULDN'T PICK FAVOURITES, IT HURTS YOUR HEART.

Now I'm reading something so fucking sad I already want to die.

Pro controller is probably the greatest Nintendo controller ever. Yes you should and go for the legit one.

I would recommend it, it is a pretty good controller.
I'll take both your words for it

36 Euros.

That seems way cheaper than the 60 dollar controllers I've seen.

I thin for one game, it might not be so worth it.
I plan on using it for other games like xenoblade X and whatever else that comes out

Just started a new manga after finishing Koisome Momiji. It felt pretty unfulfilled if I have to say anything. I enjoyed it, it was short, it was sweet, I just didn't like the outcome

Go read Vanilla

Zenfalcia

It's fine, best girl won any ways. You should have expected it from a mile away. What's the new manga?

It's fine, best girl won any ways. You should have expected it from a mile away. What's the new manga?

I did expect it. That's why reading through it was tough. Also Yui was the better girl tho.

Hajimari no Niina. I read the premise and honestly was SUPER FUCKING HESITANT. But then I realised it is a very feminine one so I thought it'd be okay. But then I started reading and first chapter in this is already the most sad thing I've read in awhile.

360pages

Some of the drop rates are ridiculous. Took my half a day to get super saiyan to drop. Then I found out you can just buy it later on. And that's the way alot of skills are. If you want it, odds are it'll show up in the shop at some point.

Yeah, a few show up, but things like Z-Souls where you have to fuse them can get complicated. On the plus side a lot of Z-Souls are flat out broken if you know.

Like Bwahaha thanks for the energy, which I honestly don't find that useful in regular parallel quest is broken in VS to the point where I decided that I can't use it since it really does make the game unfun for the people playing.

Also, the Podcast was amazing. Still can't get over. "God forbid a game ends after 200 hours" - Liam.

Also, I honestly couldn't imagine a Pokemon game with only 30 pokemon. Or even 150. For the main game sure, but post game I want everyone available

Oh god I just got to that part in the podcast and that was amazing.

Zenfalcia

I did expect it. That's why reading through it was tough. Also Yui was the better girl tho.

Hajimari no Niina. I read the premise and honestly was SUPER FUCKING HESITANT. But then I realised it is a very feminine one so I thought it'd be okay. But then I started reading and first chapter in this is already the most sad thing I've read in awhile.
Yui was the most entertaining. It wasn't that tough, it was cute.

IT'S FINE THO. THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH AGE GAP, SHEESH. It's not that sad, there are sad ones you haven't read yet. Sadder than the kamisama manga? I forgot if you read it or not.
Amazing. It's easily the most visually appealing anime I've ever seen.
What would you rate it out of ten?

I'm really torn over Apex. The fact you can customize your Wystones and have it give Attack, Defense, and how long it lasts or other degrees of bonuses is cool, and it makes battles have more of an ebb and flow with pressure to apply and use the Wystone at the right moment, but making you bounce off the monster without it is really really punishing, I think all they have to do is make it so that hits without the Wystone on just do very very little damage, but still hit.

Yui was the most entertaining. It wasn't that tough, it was cute.

IT'S FINE THO. THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH AGE GAP, SHEESH. It's not that sad, there are sad ones you haven't read yet. Sadder than the kamisama manga? I forgot if you read it or not.]

I liked the childhood thingy. NEVER MIND THO. It was nice story.
Yui still wins in my heart.

The age gap honestly scared me.
Really if this isn't sad then I doubt I could handle that. I don't think I've read it nor is it on the list (but it is now because I put it there).

Cranky's new animation is up.

What would you rate it out of ten?

60d.gif

My actual score is 9/10

I'm really torn over Apex. The fact you can customize your Wystones and have it give Attack, Defense, and how long it lasts or other degrees of bonuses is cool, and it makes battles have more of an ebb and flow with pressure to apply and use the Wystone at the right moment, but making you bounce off the monster without it is really really punishing, I think all they have to do is make it so that hits without the Wystone on just do very very little damage, but still hit.

I think on paper the idea of Apex sounds great. That mode is literally meant for the crazy fans who will actually keep playing the game for that long and try to beat those bosses, which MH has a ton of. Even the people who hate it will keep playing it because its Monster Hunter and they are addicted.

Its kind of like FFXIV's end game stuff where the rarest item drops from bosses actually have cooldown mechanics because if it didn't people would have completely finished the game by now and have nothing left to do, which Monster Hunter is also trying to avoid since that kind of game thrives on the community.

Zenfalcia

I liked the childhood thingy. NEVER MIND THO. It was nice story.
Yui still wins in my heart.

The age gap honestly scared me.
Really if this isn't sad then I doubt I could handle that. I don't think I've read it nor is it on the list (but it is now because I put it there).
Yes, it was. Quite sweet if you ask me.

You'll learn to get past it. How does it scare you? I remembered that I haven't recommended it to you yet, among a few other choice ones, but those are for later. ;)
Cranky's new animation is up.

60d.gif

My actual score is 9/10
Nice.

It's a fun movie, that's a good score it's not perfect, but man.. it's amazing, it even has 39 songs or something? It's baffling.

Numb

Made a mistake and bought my regions Bloodborne instead of Hong Kongs one like usual which costs half as much and has early dlc unlocks for later.
Wont forget with MKX though.

I think on paper the idea of Apex sounds great. That mode is literally meant for the crazy fans who will actually keep playing the game for that long and try to beat those bosses, which MH has a ton of. Even the people who hate it will keep playing it because its Monster Hunter and they are addicted.
It really hurts with playing with randos, since communication is fucking hard to collab on when to use Wystones. The worst is when it wears off as you start your attack, but they do show the meter counting down, and some last longer than others, so you can decide to choose the Wystone that lasts the longest. Knocking a monster out of Apex feels good though.

I guess it's an ok endgame, but bouncing off is really harsh to the point of really really hurting the flow of battle.
Its kind of like FFXIV's end game stuff where the rarest item drops from bosses actually have cooldown mechanics because if it didn't people would have completely finished the game by now and have nothing left to do, which Monster Hunter is also trying to avoid since that kind of game thrives on the community.
Yeah, I get what they're trying to do, but I just think they need to rework the details. At least it's not on a timer :x

Yes, it was. Quite sweet if you ask me.

You'll learn to get past it. How does it scare you? I remembered that I haven't recommended it to you yet, among a few other choice ones, but those are for later. ;)

I dunno, when I read it was a romance and that the girl is
10 YEARS OLD
and the guy was
25 YEARS OLD
I was a little spooked. But the premise sounded interesting
and Australia isn't bad this time of year
. So far I'm enjoying how bitter sweet the entire thing is.

Edit: But it's okay now
she gets older, yay

Zenfalcia

Yup. It has earned a spot in my favorite anime list. I need to grab that soundtrack.
Yeah, it did!
I dunno, when I read it was a romance and that the girl is
10 YEARS OLD
and the guy was
25 YEARS OLD
I was a little spooked. But the premise sounded interesting
and Australia isn't bad this time of year
. So far I'm enjoying how bitter sweet the entire thing is.
There's good reasons! It's not like there's anything impure about it! It's quite good, and one of my favourites.

Numb

It's fine, it's not like it makes a huge difference.

Well from 80 bucks to 40 is something.
Being in Europe is the worst.
Atleast i am not an Australian criminal who pays a premium of 100 bucks for everything.
How much does it cost there by the way?

Zenfalcia

PREY FUCKING SLAUGHTED

FATHER ASSHOLE WOLF GUY
Too bad you didn't stream it.. ;_; /salt
THIS IS ALREADY FEELS. I DON'T LIKE THE FEELS
I LOVE THE FEELS

Edit: NOPE I'VE GONE. RIP>
I KNOW RIGHT!?!?!? THE FEELS ARE THE BEST.
Well from 80 bucks to 40 is something.
Being in Europe is the worst.
Atleast i am not an Australian criminal who pays a premium of 100 bucks for everything.
How much does cost there by the way?
No idea, but probably 25-50% more than what you pay.

Top Bottom