• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

I've never felt a tension like this before

tumblr_mmqzzhb8HV1rk5iloo1_400.gif

Unclench your butt.

I did take the
Threaded Cane. My pimp cane is so fucking radical.
My
god is that range on the whip good. The damage output feels like shit against Cleric Beast though. I think he's weak to fire, but in used my oil urns on the minibosses around the first level that were guarding things of minor importance.
tumblr_mmqzzhb8HV1rk5iloo1_400.gif

Unclench your butt.
Thanks for getting the reference

Unclench your butt.
I can't. My anus is sealed for good.
My
god is that range on the whip good. The damage output feels like shit against Cleric Beast though. I think he's weak to fire, but in used my oil urns on the minibosses around the first level that were guarding things of minor importance.
The range mitigates the damage enough. The range on the whip is deceptively massive though. So good.

I still don't know how to feel about changing Johnny story from white to black. I wouldn't want a black Super Hero to be turned white unless they are complete different character.

(Black Spiderman wasn't Peter Parker)

That was the best way to handle it. Miles has his own set of insecurities vs Peter and can be written into different and potentially better situations.

Changing his skin color and calling him Peter Parker would be insulting.

360pages

Well, it just feels that the company just said. (Oh shit, there isn't a minority in the movie, time to change someone!)

I guess it's kind of weird to me as a Black guy to see something like that happen. It doesn't make me feel better. I never really thought about the fact that the Fantastic 4 were all white until this movie pointed out to me. Even then I didn't care.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Aww, dammit. I was hoping Damascus Gear would have a demo (hell, I was EXPECTING it to, since Fantasy Hero did). Was gonna play that until I got paid on the 3rd, then pick up the game. But nope, no demo. Ah well.

Skrams

I've never felt a tension like this before
Yeah, been playing since it arrived 6 something hours ago. It's pretty good.
I went cleaver and blunderbuss because I'm average.
The wolves on the bridge just fucked me

Yeah, the game is so fast that it's really easy to get fucked over by shit like the wolves. I'm mostly just doing a poke, dodging like a madman, and then sometimes just hitting R1 4 times when there's an opening.

As far as the bosses go I've beaten the two technically from the alpha. Took 3-4 attempts each on both of them. Just drinking gallons of blood to make up for each hit.

Xiraiya

Well, it just feels that the company just said. (Oh shit, there isn't a minority in the movie, time to change someone!)
I guess it's kind of weird to me as a Black guy to see something like that happen. It doesn't make me feel better. I never really thought about the fact that the Fantastic 4 were all white until this movie pointed out to me. Even then I didn't care.

Tumblr eat's that stuff up, I'm all for equality, but sometimes I just don't understand it when people take a show or movie that's actually fine and then are like "HEY EVERYONE IS WHITE WHAT THE FUCK" and it's suddenly hated out of no where.
I can understand that sentiment when a character was suppose to be a certain nationality or ethnicity and they're instead white when it's adapted, that's really stupid when that happens.

But you know, it sometimes feels like a case of "There isn't enough representation of this kind of people, so therefore fuck every single thing that doesn't contain the x people now and forever, I hate everything"
I feel like that's an overreaction that doesn't really help things, but then again as a white person who lives in a country where encountering black people is extremely rare unless you're in the northern states, I probably can't relate. I've never understood why people stress so much about race and color, it seems nonsensical.

Last I checked, being a shitty and/or unlikable person is personality problem, not a physical thing, and vice versa.

Skrams

Does BB have a Black Knight equivalent?

From what I've seen, no. There are meat walls of enemies to scare you off from entering areas, but nothing like a Black Knight that I've seen.

Also I did little damage to the "first" boss as well. Maybe it's due to being early in the game, but he took a lot of damage. I wish I knew how the counter system worked exactly. I hear the ding of a counter and sometimes I get a special move in and sometimes I don't. I wonder if it requires being just that fast to get in there and do it. Or maybe sometimes it's just a stun. Dunno.

360pages

Tumblr eat's that stuff up, I'm all for equality, but sometimes I just don't understand it when people take a show or movie that's actually fine and then are like "HEY EVERYONE IS WHITE WHAT THE FUCK" and it's suddenly hated out of no where.
I can understand that sentiment when a character was suppose to be a certain nationality or ethnicity and they're instead white when it's adapted, that's really stupid when that happens.

But you know, it sometimes feels like a case of "There isn't enough representation of this kind of people, so therefore fuck every single thing that doesn't contain the x people now and forever, I hate everything"
I feel like that's an overreaction that doesn't really help things, but then again as a white person who lives in a country where encountering black people is extremely rare unless you're in the northern states, I probably can't relate. I've never understood why people stress so much about race and color, it seems nonsensical.

Last I checked, being a shitty and/or unlikable person is personality problem, not a physical thing, and vice versa.

You might be surprised, but as far as I can tell. People don't notice it as much as a lot of sites might lead you to think. Or at least they might make a joke about it and just continue to watch the series.

Why not make a new character or a new team of Fantastic 4? The Green Lantern from Justice League was not Hal Jorden, and I love him a lot more than Hal.

beinfilms

I'm all for bringing in more equality, but as a comic fan, I draw the line at drastically changing characters. Like, this change won't just affect who plays him, it also means that his personality will be different (spoiled rich white kid doesn't work so well when the character isn't white), his relationship with Sue will be different (at best, they're probably adopted siblings, or something), etc., etc.

Oh, and don't even get me started on the new portrayal of Doom. Fuck this new movie. This is not the Fantastic Four reboot I've been waiting for all these years.

Top Bottom