• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

Numb

NGE Episode 2
Getting more existential. Okay. It was kind of clever how the beginning of the episode made it look like Shinji was moved to the hospital right after the end of episode one. Then they showed what actually happened. The fight scene was pretty cool.

I'm liking this.

Also, religious imagery everywhere. What the hell?

Remember to put the movie in your watch list aswell.
And if you are confused by the end of this which is likely just type in NGE in 7min on youtube.

beinfilms

No, I just will pain to happen to Vidula from across the planet at random moments.

I wish, Cordelia is probably the best "Mean girl" character in all media, her development is so insane and awesome

Man, now I want my Joss Whedon written Telltale style game. I don't even care what it is: Buffy, Firefly, or something totally random. It'd be the best game ever.

For the record, I actually wasn't a huge fan of the direction that they took her in Angel, but her time on Buffy was great. Also, Tera best girl for life.

...I don't even know why I'm putting this one in spoilers. It's only a loose tangent, at best.

Xiraiya

Christ, i really hope this doesn't somehow turn i to the next paranormal activity.

I actually both loved and hated the first Paranormal Activity, I hated it because some shit was really dumb, but I thought the setting was genuinely unnerving at times, because it was a pretty regular house so things seemed less outlandish.

I caught the second one on TV and I ended up laughing really hard at one point because whatever it was, was messing with this massive hose thing that they use for the pool, so it kept chucking and moving shit into the pool water and causing this guy in the mornings to be like "WHO THE FUCK KEEPS DOING THIS" and get really salty and upset. So that movie was just funny in unintentional ways.

I actually both loved and hated the first Paranormal Activity, I hated it because some shit was really dumb, but I thought the setting was genuinely unnerving at times, because it was a pretty regular house so things seemed less outlandish.

I caught the second one on TV and I ended up laughing really hard at one point because whatever it was, was messing with this massive hose thing that they use for the pool, so it kept chucking and moving shit into the pool water and causing this guy in the mornings to be like "WHO THE FUCK KEEPS DOING THIS" and get really salty and upset. So that movie was just funny in unintentional ways.
I liked the first one, but I have no desire to see the others. I guess I just don't really care for the whole 'found footage' deal. And apparently the last one was pretty bad.

The problem with most horror movies is that the characters are all unsympathetic and unlikable. They did something bad and the movie is punishing them for it. Most of the time they are cookie cutter characters as in the girl, the other girl with large tits, the guy, and the other person of various or ambiguous ethnic background.
O hai Cabin in the Woods :)

I don't root for these characters. I don't care if they survive or succeed. This a good part of why Jaws still holds up after all these years

The problem with most horror movies is that the characters are all unsympathetic and unlikable. Most of the time they are cookie cutter as in the girl, the other girl with large tits, the guy, and the other person of various or ambiguous ethnic background.

I don't root for these characters. I don't care if they survive or succeed. This a good part of why Jaws still holds up after all these years

But Cabin in the woods was a parody of horror movies.

Almost 10 years ago, the Xbox360 came out.

15 years ago Sega was making consoles.

Dude.

DUDE.

It's crazy how quickly things change.

The problem with most horror movies is that the characters are all unsympathetic and unlikable. They did something bad and the movie is punishing them for it. Most of the time they are cookie cutter as in the girl, the other girl with large tits, the guy, and the other person of various or ambiguous ethnic background.

I think you missed the point about Cabin In The Woods.

Xiraiya

I liked the first one, but I have no desire to see the others. I guess I just don't really care for the whole 'found footage' deal. And apparently the last one was pretty bad.

Yeah I'm not into them, I just saw the first one and it left an impression, so I decided to watch the second one and after that comedic shitshow I stopped thinking about the series.

The problem with most horror movies is that the characters are all unsympathetic and unlikable. Most of the time they are cookie cutter as in the girl, the other girl with large tits, the guy, and the other person of various or ambiguous ethnic background.

You're totally right. No one cares about the 'heroes'. Horror movies should always be about the villain/monster, and if it's lame, the movie will usually not be great.

Xiraiya

The problem with most horror movies is that the characters are all unsympathetic and unlikable. They did something bad and the movie is punishing them for it. Most of the time they are cookie cutter characters as in the girl, the other girl with large tits, the guy, and the other person of various or ambiguous ethnic background.

I agree, I think Paranormal Activity could have been on to something, the slow build up was actually really interesting, but I couldn't care less about the people, they're always regular people I can't relate to in those movies.

I hate regular people.

I hate regular people.

image.php

SteveTR

NGE Episode 3
Shinji shouldn't be piloting Eva. He's as emotionally unstable as they come. I like how he's starting to feel the consequences of whatever he does. I'm also starting to symphatize with him, though. He's troubled. He can't help it.

So many great shots in this episode.

Top Bottom