• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

Xiraiya

I really wish they would go through and wipe modified PQ scores from the Leader boards, it's impossible to tell where mine stand (Yet I'm always ranked 19 in everything inaccurately... I don't get it), I have pretty much the highest scores I can feasibly obtain until I figure out the 100 hit Combos and stuff like that, but every PQ has people ranked with 99999999 etc.

But so far my PQ Scores for Saiyan saga anyway are

00: 265
01: 984
02: 1636
03: 1757
04: 1821
05: 2294
06: 2324
07: 2222 (I actually haven't completed all the bonus stuff on this yet)

Did some calculations:

Playstation 4 System - $400
Bloodborne $60
Dark Souls 2 SOTFS $60
Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition $40
Metal Gear Solid V $60
Persona 5 $60
Star Fox $60
Xenoblade Chronicles X $60
Legend of Zelda U $60

Total: $860

Hope the PS4 gets a nice price drop

I hope they don't do the European Atlus Tax.
Region locking with year delays.

Get gud and move to NA: Land of the f
at
ree

Nordicus

I still cant beat that dumb mission when
you play as Ginyu on the ship because those dumb fucks gohan and krillin keep dying >.>
Don't do the mission until you're preferrably level 15+. And while in the mission, switch targets often so you becomes the more likely target, and spam the shit out of Milky Cannon
Dude, you think that mission sucks? Just wait till later. That's nothing compared to the cell games protect mission. You have to protect the jobber king in that one.
I never found that one much of a problem. Controlling the aggro of one person is much easier than 3. The protection part of that fight is barely a factor
I should also mention I was probably over leveled when I fought them. And yeah, ai helpers are nothing more than meat sheilds in this.
Though weirdly, when you're doing a PQ, have a teammate slot available and are in trouble, the mentor who comes to help you tends to kick all sorts of ass.

Skrams

Bloodborne is definitely worth the hype and more fun than souls so far for me. Ended up running into the 2nd boss before the cleric beast and got owned. Was able to beat the Cleric beast the first time I encountered it. Turn ing it off a bit before I get frustrated though. 2nd boss is dumb.

If you want tips for the second boss.

I always make sure to be near tombs/trees to separate me from him. It works generally well for all phases. Also I dodge into him at times when he does big wind up attacks since he can't correct himself enough to hit me half the time. For the final phase, good luck. Just got to know when to poke and when not to while dodging super well. Also make sure to shoot him for counters or when you need to interrupt him.

ultimax

Did some calculations:

Bloodborne $60
Dark Souls 2 SOTFS $60
Metal Gear Solid V $60
Persona 5 $60
Star Fox $60
Legend of Zelda U $60

you forgot tax
Don't do the mission until you're preferrably level 15+. And while in the mission, switch targets often so you becomes the more likely target, and spam the shit out of Milky Cannon
I haven't played in a while so i forgot what level i am, but i'll try more PQ's.

Numb

Did some calculations:

Bloodborne $60
Dark Souls 2 SOTFS $60
Metal Gear Solid V $60
Persona 5 $60
Star Fox $60
Legend of Zelda U $60

at
ree

That is alot of money.
I hope you had plus the whole to get a bunch of free games on PS4.
You need something on it to hold you over till the rest you are getting are released

Tako

Did some calculations:

Bloodborne $60
Dark Souls 2 SOTFS $60
Metal Gear Solid V $60
Persona 5 $60
Star Fox $60
Legend of Zelda U $60

at
ree

Plus tax everything should come out to like 940

PREY SLAUGHTERED.....

OMG THATS DABES

THATS DABES
So many seemingly small things that reinforce the hunter theme in that game is fucking brilliant.

The blood echoes carried on enemies in particular I found especially genius in that regard, because it's a smaller, personal hunt on your end.

...GOD DAMMIT WHY AM I STILL HERE ON CAMPUS INSTEAD OF HOME PLAYING MORE BLOODBORNE!!?!

Fuck, that's bullshit. Why do the worst states have the best shit?
Fucking Alaska pays you every year just for being a state citizen. I know this, because I was one before moving to Washington.

The money was nice, and the last PFD I got from them was one of the biggest on record apparently, but fuck me if I'm going to live through another winter season up there.

Jeez. Got rekted by what likes a smaller
Gigante from RE4
, respawned and got rekted by one closer to the spawn with an executioner's outfit

Skrams

Fuck, that's bullshit. Why do the worst states have the best shit?
To convince people to live there.
Geez guys, I know it's nothing major, but I'd just tag anything Bloodborne at all with spoiler tags.
I've been vague as hell and just using basic terms like meat walls and "boss." But yeah, people straight up mentioning the name of the "first" boss and certain things should probably tone it down.
Jeez. Got rekted by what likes a smaller
Gigante from RE4
, respawned and got rekted by one closer to the spawn with an executioner's outfit

You're early on right?
The executioner outfit one wrecks my shit pretty hard, but I've learned how to counter shot the gigantes for one hit kills so they're fine for me now.
A lot of pokes before that though.

Fucking Alaska pays you every year just for being a state citizen. I know this, because I was one before moving to Washington.

The money was nice, and the last PFD I got from them was one of the biggest on record apparently, but fuck me if I'm going to live through another winter season up there.
Alaska has to pay people to live there? Holy shit, that's amazing.

sjay1994

I accidently fell into the aquaducts before the cleric beast.
Was pretty stoked that I found a secret area,
but some people are saying its progression to the second boss.

Ah well, going to stop here and pick it up after I finish exams.

I am scared I will just keep playing it, and won't be able to study because the combat is really addicting. I don't even mind dying that much.

Although, finding your blood echos is a bit weird.

Skrams

I'm already super buttmad :(

DMC4SE website has character themes up. Honestly was not expecting Lady/Trish to have something like this.
This is weird. Modern influenced music added for this 8 year old game is super weird.
If I hadn't got my copy yet I'd be super buttmad and have left the thread.
Yeah, me too.
Although, finding your blood echos is a bit weird.

Wish they were more noticeable like in a regular souls game. They're super tiny compared to blood stains.

sjay1994

This is weird. Modern influenced music added for this 8 year old game is super weird.

Yeah, me too.

Wish they were more noticeable like in a regular souls game. They're super tiny compared to blood stains.

Yeah, also the fact enemies pick them up sometimes doesn't help.

I got bodied by
the wolves on the bridge to cleric beast
and some random rifleman was carrying them.

I also need to stop freaking out about losing them. I built up 7000, before cleric beast, and scrubbed it out, even though I didn't
activate the doll yet

I lost them..... but It would have been nice to have them. Ah well

Top Bottom