• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

People who think it's implausible that Frieza could get so powerful need to remember where Goku was at the beginning of DBZ

I think the reasoning is the only four months part. Like i understand him being a prodigy who has never needed to train before, but to become as strong as/stronger than Super Saiyan God in only 4 months is a little ridiculous.

I'm not caught up on SU, and probably never will, so spoil me.

Spoilers ahoy.

Gems appear to actually be a conquering alien race that sap a planet for its resources to create new gems. Steven's mom, Rose Quartz, led three other gems against the invaders before giving up her form to create Steven. Well, skip forward to whenever we are in the timeline, and the Gems are trying to invade again as a technical based Gem, Peridot, begins work to try to reconnect the Gem homeworld to Earth. After thwarting her teleportation pad efforts, she eventually just comes flying in on a giant robot hand, and with the help of a burly gem called Jasper, captures our protagonists and takes off for homeworld. Skip forward a bit.

Garnet is actually a fusion as fans have been speculating, of two characters called Ruby and Sapphire. They appear to be in genuine love, and that may have a role into why they can stay a fusion. They don't even have to do a dance to come together. Garnet fights what is effectively a Star Platinum who punches with her head, while singing a really good song. Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48jt_lWA7W0&list=WL&index=20

joe2187

Banned
The behind the scenes for the cutscene creation of Revelations 2 is hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nJPmEfaEpI

rev1lzudz.gif

rev3zwuxw.gif

I think the reasoning is the only four months part. Like i understand him being a prodigy who has never needed to train before, but to become as strong as/stronger than Super Saiyan God in only 4 months is a little ridiculous.
But he had never trained, ever, before Namek. It makes sense in the series' logic.
Also, I know it's completely impossible, but I want Vegeta to be the one to kill him.

Idk, i just feel like going from less than Super Saiyan Level to Super Saiyan God Level in 4 months is ridiculous even by DBZ standards.

It follows the entire structure of the series. Hero gains new level of power; it's usurped by the next threat. It's just how the series is made. I don't see anything wrong with it because it's simply what DBZ is. I don't expect anything more.

Idk, i just feel like going from less than Super Saiyan Level to Super Saiyan God Level in 4 months is ridiculous even by DBZ standards.
But it's exactly DBZ. He basically attains a Super Saiyan form of his own, so assuming that's a similar power gap to normal Goku vs SS Goku, Golden Frieza should be stupid strong.

Spoilers ahoy.

Gems appear to actually be a conquering alien race that sap a planet for its resources to create new gems. Steven's mom, Rose Quartz, led three other gems against the invaders before giving up her form to create Steven. Well, skip forward to whenever we are in the timeline, and the Gems are trying to invade again as a technical based Gem, Peridot, begins work to try to reconnect the Gem homeworld to Earth. After thwarting her teleportation pad efforts, she eventually just comes flying in on a giant robot hand, and with the help of a burly gem called Jasper, captures our protagonists and takes off for homeworld. Skip forward a bit.

Garnet is actually a fusion as fans have been speculating, of two characters called Ruby and Sapphire. They appear to be in genuine love, and that may have a role into why they can stay a fusion. They don't even have to do a dance to come together. Garnet fights what is effectively a Star Platinum who punches with her head, while singing a really good song. Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48jt_lWA7W0&list=WL&index=20
Huh. That's an anime right there.

Oh man, watching someone play Lightning Returns on Twitch and I've never seen someone so stubborn to accept advice and then complain that the game is impossible.

The game isn't great but it's certainly not hard.

Oh man, watching someone play Lightning Returns on Twitch and I've never seen someone so stubborn to accept advice and then complain that the game is impossible.

The game isn't great but it's certainly not hard.

I like when the game tells you exactly what to do, and they can't figure out what to do.

Untitled-2_400x400.jpg

They've got 2.1 Million subscribers, so i guess theyre doing something right?
I mean a lot of my friends still watch it, but they release too much shit a day and they really don't have good commentary like sbf.
That and they'll just have whole episodes of them not knowing what to do and running around aimlessly.

Nordicus

I like when the game tells you exactly what to do, and they can't figure out what to do.
Untitled-2_400x400.jpg
*flashes back to Xenoverse SBFP episode *

*flashes back to Xenoverse Grumpcade episode where one of them had played enough to unlock most of the characters, it was basically a Scrublords/FNF episode by GG*

Oh sorry, what were we talking about?

*flashes back to Xenoverse Grumpcade episode where one of them had played enough to unlock most of the characters, it was basically a Scrublords/FNF episode by GG*

Don't get me wrong. What happened with the Xenoverse SBFP episode makes me super pissed at the Zaibatsu.

Also having finally heard the Baldur's Gate cheating discussion as well, really Pat? Really? Your excuse is that you don't mind cheating on a boss that you literally never see until he appears to fight so that makes it okay?

I guess Armstrong is shit as well then because he's the exact same.

Also having finally heard the Baldur's Gate cheating discussion as well, really Pat? Really? Your excuse is that you don't mind cheating on a boss that you literally never see until he appears to fight so that makes it okay?

You see armstrong before you fight him tho

croten

There is a difference, GG played it because they wanted to but SBF played it because Machinima made them. They didn't get to play it at their own pace they had to make a video out of it and considering the game is kind of boring for the first few hours I'm not surprised they didn't like it.

beinfilms

They've got 2.1 Million subscribers, so i guess theyre doing something right?

Yeah, but just by doing a rough estimate (and being generous with their average views on new videos), about 13% of those are actually watching, compared to the almost 20% of subscribers watching TBFP RE Revelaitons 2. So, is that number really all that significant?

Yeah, I'm a math and science nerd. It's a problem, and I have no plans to change it.

For like 5 seconds and you can easily miss him if you turn your head away. It's no different from a name being mentioned.
Honestly it sounded like Pat was just burnt out playing Baldurs Gate more than he didn't care about the boss, which after playing them back to back is likely.
I know I've felt the same way about some games and just want to finish the thing.

Yeah, but just by doing a rough estimate (and being generous with their average views on new videos), about 13% of those are actually watching, compared to the almost 20% of subscribers watching TBFP RE: Revelaitons. So, is that number really all that significant?

Yeah, I'm a math and science nerd. It's a problem, and I have no plans to change it.

I'm a programming nerd. And was taking honors calculus back in High School. Your point?

Honestly it sounded like Pat was just burnt out playing Baldurs Gate more than he didn't care about the boss, which after playing them back to back is likely.
I know I've felt the same way about some games and just want to finish the thing.

I can't blame him if he got bored of the game. It happens. I still think cheating like that is absolutely disgusting though.

I modded the shit out of New Vegas for my first time playing it, including an expanded selection of perks that could be chosen from on every level up. It's essentially cheating and I did it because vanilla Fallout bores me. It's the same with Pat and cheating the final expansion boss, there comes a point when the game overstays it's welcome and progress in it becomes a pain.

croten

No he cheated because it was too hard for him and he couldn't be bothered doing it legit. I don't recall him saying that it was because you never see him until that part.

Nordicus

There is a difference, GG played it because they wanted to but SBF played it because Machinima made them. They didn't get to play it at their own pace they had to make a video out of it and considering the game is kind of boring for the first few hours I'm not surprised they didn't like it.
Oh, sure.

Doesn't stop me from completely skipping the part where they fly around aimlessly after ignoring tutorial text explaining that you need to lock on to get through gates. Just couldn't watch that

I understand bitching about it afterwards since they're not in a good mood after wasting time, but that lock-on is necessary. It stops the Monster Hunter moments where you're knocked from one zone to another by enemy attack
It was one of the many excuses he had that fell under the blanket of "I just didn't care"
Apparently he does care enough to defend himself when it's brought up.
Well, i'm off to present my Senior Project Game. Wish me luck!
Good luck Taco!

Top Bottom