• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

I really think the design of Gray Fox is one of the best character designs I've ever seen, it's a classic and it's legendary.

Gray Fox is so cool. Gray Fox is just the best.

I did kinda hate that he's practically the same character in 2 straight games, but it's fine. He's so cool.

Xiraiya

I did kinda hate that he's practically the same character in 2 straight games, but it's fine. He's so cool.

2 Straight games? The only one he's in is MGS1, and Portable Ops if you count that, but that seemed like bullshit to me that he was already this high-tech Ninja character, I much preferred the idea he was just a total BAMF regular soldier who became a Ninja in death.

Sounds like constipation.
tumblr_kse2m6ukOa1qzvqipo1_400.jpg

semisonic

Banned
It's the lamest superpower ever.

And it's not a fun time.

Hey, it's a reaction.
Kind of Realgaf:
Personally, while I don't really enjoy pain, so to speak, I'm definitely a lot more comfortable with it than I'd normally like to admit. Maybe the contrast between the pain of the surgery(not to mention the 14 or so incidents that sent me to the emergency room as a kid and the broken collarbone), and the fact my chest can't feel anything anymore, has made me start looking at it as a weird kind of luxury. I never really mind doing things that cause me pain because it's kind of a reminder that I can still feel. Like a way of knowing I'm alive.
Man that sounds esoteric as fuck.
Also looking back on this I might just be an eloquent masochist.
Huh.

2 Straight games? The only one he's in is MGS1, and Portable Ops if you count that, but that seemed like bullshit to me that he was already this high-tech Ninja character, I much preferred the idea he was just a total BAMF regular soldier who became a Ninja in death.

Metal Gear 2. He fights Snake the same way. Sacrifices himself the same way. Everything.

Doesn't matter, because he's cool as hell.

Xiraiya

Metal Gear 2. He fights Snake the same way. Sacrifices himself the same way. Everything.
Doesn't matter, because he's cool as hell.

Oh right, I didn't really mind that, I kind of liked the idea that he came back just to continue a duel between men with his old friend.

Zenfalcia

I have no idea. Usually, it's the opposite. When I was 16, a lot of people thought I was 18 or 19. It hasn't happened as much since i've been 17, but does still happen sometimes. That's easy to understand, though. It's only a year or two difference. Much easier than mistaking a 16 year old with a mustache for a 12 year old.
Yes it is. Oh well, that guy will remember that moment forever and it will haunt him.
I can't wait for the avatars.

Zenfalcia

Hey, it's a reaction.
Kind of Realgaf:
Personally, while I don't really enjoy pain, so to speak, I'm definitely a lot more comfortable with it than I'd normally like to admit. Maybe the contrast between the pain of the surgery(not to mention the 14 or so incidents that sent me to the emergency room as a kid and the broken collarbone), and the fact my chest can't feel anything anymore, has made me start looking at it as a weird kind of luxury. I never really mind doing things that cause me pain because it's kind of a reminder that I can still feel. Like a way of knowing I'm alive.
Man that sounds esoteric as fuck.
Also looking back on this I might just be an eloquent masochist.
Huh.
Why noth both?

I just remembered how terrible I am at pool, yet manage to win everytime I play due to sheer dumb luck. I have no idea how to use the pool cue.I usually end up hitting my cousin's basement ceiling when I go. When I actually hit the ball, it either barely moves, or jumps into the air and off the table. I still win though, purely by being lucky. As my cousin so eloquently put it,"Lady Luck sure loves to suck your dick."

CAN'T WAIT FOR WEEK OF WOOLIE
I just remembered how terrible I am at pool, yet manage to win everytime I play due to sheer dumb luck. I have no idea how to use the pool cue.I usually end up hitting my cousin's basement ceiling when I go. When I actually hit the ball, it either barely moves, or jumps into the air and off the table. I still win though, purely by being lucky. As my cousin so eloquently put it,"Lady Luck sure loves to suck your dick."
It seems like you have a lot of good karma...

smh. Pokemon diminished drastically... I'm really glad I skipped this pokemon game.
Apparently theres a new mechanic where you can catch a pokemon using the mechanic and itll have a chance of having one of its egg moves? and the poochyena you catch through the tutorial will have thunder/ice/fire fang depending on your starter.

Apparently theres a new mechanic where you can catch a pokemon using the mechanic and itll have a chance of having one of its egg moves? and the poochyena you catch through the tutorial will have thunder/ice/fire fang depending on your starter.
That's pretty cool, but I dunno about outright giving you a pokemon early with an elemental fang even to show off a tutorial.

That's pretty cool, but I dunno about outright giving you a pokemon early with an elemental fang even to show off a tutorial.
I'm guessing its the same idea like in B/W when you can get one of the elemental monkeys depending on your starter.

heres a whole thing about the mechanic. Its handholdy but personallly I like it.

It also makes finding pokemon with abilities and IVs easier.

Are they trying to creating making competitive pokemon easier?

Top Bottom