• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

A robotic penis could either be amazing or terrifying.
It would be the scariest awesome thing you have ever seen.
oSQWNJ2.gif

360pages

Eh, Super Training is good for those who don't want to loo up specific EV spreads for wild pokemon, or want to EV train a really weak pokemon before the start leveling them up.

Well you know when I think about it, I often found myself fast forwarding Pokemon games in any manner I could when grinding to overlevel and get through the game faster, so I think making leveling easier in general is probably fine.

That was my take away from the XP share in X and Y. I don't actually want to spend a bunch of time grinding out 6 pokemon so I saw all the steps taken to speed things up as a positive to me.

That was my take away from the XP share in X and Y. I don't actually want to spend a bunch of time grinding out 6 pokemon so I saw all the steps taken to speed things up as a positive to me.
I just wonder if pokemon campaigns are even fun, at least to me, now. The grind was always half the challenge.

I nuzlocked Y with the XP share and I didn't lose a single mon till the E4.

I wouldn't call anything in that movie terrifying, if a friend of mine got bit and he was going to turn I would think he would have enough self pride to either let me kill him or kill himself before it happened.

The early Romero movies are fantastic. If not as horror then as commentary. Dawn of the Dead is one on consumer culture

The early Romero movies are fantastic. If not as horror then as commentary. Dawn of the Dead is one on consumer culture

I won't argue that his early work is amazing, they basically put zombie movies on the map, but now he's kind of just...i don't know he's trying too hard..not trying hard enough? It's not the same.

I just wonder if pokemon campaigns are even fun, at least to me, now. The grind was always half the challenge.

I found them fun up to gen 3. X and Y was my most recent and probably final expenditure into the series. When the games first came out I could play them for endless hours but I just don't feel it anymore.

360pages

I do think the only legit Difficult Pokémon games are probably Colloslium and XD. At least in terms of main game.
Gen 1-4 had some hard moments, but most of the difficulty was lost n Gen 5 and 6. Mostly because of the lowered Gym Leader pokemon count (Gym leaders can have no more than 3 pokemon as of Gen 5) and the removal of all puzzles that were in Gen 1-4

I do think the only legit Difficult Pokémon games are probably Colloslium and XD. At least in terms of main game.
Gen 1-4 had some hard moments, but most of the difficulty was lost n Gen 5 and 6. Mostly because of the lowered Gym Leader pokemon count (Gym leaders can have no more than 3 pokemon as of Gen 5) and the removal of all puzzles that were in Gen 1-4
Colosseum was a badass game.
I found them fun up to gen 3. X and Y was my most recent and probably final expenditure into the series. When the games first came out I could play them for endless hours but I just don't feel it anymore.
I'm not sure if it's my age, or the games not changing, or actually being worse.

360pages

Mostly because Colosseum and XD didn't treat the players like idiots and only have single type bosses. Most of the bosses actually had balanced teams and used stratagies like Earthquake Plus protect or Rain Dance or stall tactics.

You know, aspects that the main series game usually ignore until post game.

Pokemon without the competitive scene is a babby rpg

Colosseum was a badass game.

I'm not sure if it's my age, or the games not changing, or actually being worse.

It is probably a mixture of the first two. The nostalgia factor is strong and lots of college aged people still love and play pokemon but I've noticed my tastes had definitely changed as I have gotten older. The series has felt like it stagnated to me but I never cared about the competitive side so I just don't know about that aspect.

Just don't punch suspicious spaghetti and you'll be fine

Good luck

I couldn't find a picture of mom's suspicious spaghetti and now I am disappointed in the internet.
I showed her scans of jojo, asked her if she wanted to watch the anime instead of watch movies like we originally planned and she was like 100% yes. So now it's a jojo date.

That sounds like a great time. Good luck.

Me and skLa are scrubbing it out in Ultimax, if anyone wants to join
I watched you enter and leave steam chat with the MonHun going on lol.
#PS3Johns
It is probably a mixture of the first two. The nostalgia factor is strong and lots of college aged people still love and play pokemon but I've noticed my tastes had definitely changed as I have gotten older. The series has felt like it stagnated to me but I never cared about the competitive side so I just don't know about that aspect.
Competitive would be fun for me if the process of building a team was literally the worst, most tedious videogame experience I've had.

Ilvocare

Me and skLa are scrubbing it out in Ultimax, if anyone wants to join

Sure, just let me wrap up Episode P4. I'm on the final moments I think. That completion gauge is impossible to understand...

I already beat
big boss man and am going through the prologue.

We weren't sure honestly, Grand Budapest Hotel was one since it's one of her favorites and I haven't watched it. Or Fellowship of the ring since she hasn't watched lotr before.

Do the JoJo date and watch Grand Budapest Hotel either later or on your own so you have something to talk about. It's a great movie

Sure, just let me wrap up Episode P4. I'm on the final moments I think. That completion gauge is impossible to understand...

I already beat
big boss man and am going through the prologue.
Big boss man
is the worst boss I've ever seen in a video game. I'm really unfamiliar with Arcsys bosses outside of Ultimax and Xrd, but they have to be waaaay better than this.

Top Bottom