• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

Best thing about living in Redmond is I have access to Top Pot Donuts. Best fucking donuts in the world.

Won't settle for anything less, they're that good.

We have a Krispy Kreme and Tim Hortons.

NY is really lacking in the Donut game.

Dunkin Donuts suck. They're air filled pastries with cake frosting. Whoop de doo.

mike0dude

are american donuts different from canadian ones?
Cause in canada our donuts are like this
airy and light
Tim_Hortons_Donut.jpg

344926-tim-hortons-ouvrira-bientot-nouvel.jpg

but when I think about American donut I just think of the ones that they have on the Simpsons.
that seem heavier and more "dry" that make crumbs.
but then there's crispy cream that is like ours only so sweet you get diabetes just smelling them.

beinfilms

We have a Krispy Kreme and Tim Hortons.

NY is really lacking in the Donut game.

Dunkin Donuts suck. They're air filled pastries with cake frosting. Whoop de doo.

I mean, let's be honest here. If you're in New York, you're better off getting a bagel, anyway. After all, it's one of the few places where they're actually good, and they're certainly better than doughnuts.

Don't you guys have that one jelly filled square donut place?

Gonna have to give me a name.

I mean, let's be honest here. If you're in New York, you're better off getting a bagel, anyway. After all, it's one of the few places where they're actually good, and they're certainly better than doughnuts.

As far as breakfast food, yes, but every now and then I would like a sweet pastry for breakfast.

What is wrong with you...

I know it's weird, but I judge my food based off a health/calorie to taste ratio. That's why I adore most protein/veggies/fruit and hate fattening stuff unless it's really good like the Oreo cream donut. Which is like the greatest pastry ever.

are american donuts different from canadian ones?
Cause in canada our donuts are like this
airy and light

but when I think about American donut I just think of the ones that they have on the Simpsons.
that seem heavier and more "dry" that make crumbs.
but then there's crispy cream that is like ours only so sweet you get diabetes just smelling them.
Top Pot's are pretty similar to what you described canadian donuts to be like. I had a friend in Canada talk about how good they were there, so this isn't the first time.

Xiraiya

I know it's weird, but I judge my food based off a health/calorie to taste ratio. That's why I adore most protein/veggies/fruit and hate fattening stuff unless it's really good like the Oreo cream donut. Which is like the greatest pastry ever.

Well, even though I disagree with the doughnut thing, I can appreciate that you prefer healthier/more nutritious food.

Okingjrr

So is anyone watching this? what are you thinking of it now? I watched the first episode and didn't really care for it but I know Matt said the energy levels would pick up in a couple parts.
I watch it.
Most of the talk is about getting Woolie to do cool stuff. Matt is more into it than in the first episode, which is nice.
Other than that, it's your typical Matt/Woolie LP with dumb references added to the mix.

I don't know if it's my internet or if It's on rockstar's end, but holy shit, can i just play through a heist without gtao fucking up?
Wasn't GTA online always crippled with connexion issues from the get go?

Oberon

Banned
To end this whole group project story

One of the girls sent me what she had to do per email. And she had done so much work, so much more then I did. She even did one of the parts I did ( I don't know why she did that) And one of her responses to reading mine was "I don't want to hurt your fealings but, the one I did is better" She even tried to comfort me by saying that we can use a part from mine....
So basically everything I did was shit, they spent way less time on it, but did I wayyyy better job, and I almost started crying reading their reactions.....
Oh yeah, that part I did is still really bad and has to be redone.

Okingjrr

One of the girls sent me what she had to do per email. And she had done so much work, so much more then I did. She even did one of the parts I did ( I don't know why she did that) And one of her responses to reading mine was "I don't want to hurt your fealings but, the one I did is better" She even tried to comfort me by saying that we can use a part from mine....
So basically everything I did was shit, they spent way less time on it, but did I wayyyy better job, and I almost started crying reading their reactions.....
That's a better outcome than what it could've ended up being.
I'd rather be told that what I did was not up to par for the project and that it should be worked over, with someone else proposing a better solution.

That's what I'm thinking is going on. And that's why I'm just annoyed rather than mad, cause I get it. Some people here are losing their shit though.
People wanna do the shot bangs, can't blame em.

I watch it.
Most of the talk is about getting Woolie to do cool stuff. Matt is more into it than in the first episode, which is nice.
Other than that, it's your typical Matt/Woolie LP with dumb references added to the mix.

Wasn't GTA online always crippled with connexion issues from the get go?
hmmm... maybe I'll ignore this one than, getting throught eh Shaolin Monks LP has turned me sour on the pair.

Well that is unfortunate.
Mortal Kombat X's mutiplayer will be region locked
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1010485

FUCK! What about those international friender battles Netherrealm, did you think about those? ;_;

Wow, what a fucking joke. I wasn't going to get the game anyway but this decision is embarrassing.

Zenfalcia

What an amazing ending.

Alfebit

Banned
So is anyone watching this? what are you thinking of it now? I watched the first episode and didn't really care for it but I know Matt said the energy levels would pick up in a couple parts.

I've been keeping up with it. It's alright, most of Matt's commentary is telling Woolie how to do cool shit or to throw guys into things to get points faster.

I made sure everyone had
both offensive personas and one that buffs and or healed.
it's tough.
Damn it I don't want to make more Personas ;-;
On what Earth does this make sense.

For a fighting game company, Netherrealm seems to not know what they are doing.
It's not like it matters, with how shit their netcode is it'll feel like you're playing someone from another country anyways

I've been keeping up with it. It's alright, most of Matt's commentary is telling Woolie how to do cool shit or to throw guys into things to get points faster.
Yeah basically why I'm dehyped on the LP. Definitely would have been better with Matt on the controls and Woolie losing his shit. NMH was different because Matt worked alone and was trying to describe his experiences with the game. This feels like it has the same slow pace without the BTS stuff.

Man that sucks. Did you feel like you put effort in to it?

Okingjrr

hmmm... maybe I'll ignore this one than, getting throught eh Shaolin Monks LP has turned me sour on the pair.
Take a look at episode 6 to see if that could change your mind. I think it was a diffrent recording session and they come in with a lot more energy from the start.
The source tweet doesn't exist anymore, I'd expect this to be a slip-up and now Netherrealm is concentrating on damage control now?
Yea, I saw that. Just when everything was going good on the marketing side, they pull this.
Hopefully they work on improving their netcode and offer region-less matchmaking.

Top Bottom