• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

360pages

The DLC for Xenoverse is hilarious, Trunks going on a long winded explanation on how GT is a different timeline and he from that timeline is different and no on caring. Nappa becoming the new Leader of the Ginyu force in hell...

Xiraiya

The DLC for Xenoverse is hilarious, Trunks going on a long winded explanation on how GT is a different timeline and he from that timeline is different and no on caring. Nappa becoming the new Leader of the Ginyu force in hell...

That sounds goddamn fantastic, poor Trunks.

No but 1080p Persona 5 though

No, but my wallet though.

That just means yiu can have fun later or watch her. ;)

tumblr_mavlthOns81rw4o3n.gif
I find this hilarious.
And makes me hungry
I found it hilarious, and very true.

Puttin' that PS4 pussy on a pedestal.

360pages

I do agree they probably should have fixed that. It's weird to not notice it, but it seems they already recorded huge amount of dialog in game and they probably would have to do 2 versions of every line. Considering races like Namekian and Frieza's clan doesn't have female genders. They probably were trying to get all the race dialog done first then do the gender and ran out of time.

Maybe a patch?

I do agree they probably should have fixed that. It's weird to not notice it, but it seems they already recorded huge amount of dialog in game and they probably would have to do 2 versions of every line. Considering races like Namekian and Frieza's clan doesn't have female genders. They probably were trying to get all the race dialog done first then do the gender and ran out of time.

Maybe a patch?

Then use neutral pronouns. Or something that the Souls games do, and give you a in universe name.

Or not be lazy, and record some more lines.

Nordicus

Vegeta as a Mentor talks about having especially high expectations of you since you're a Saiyan.

It's a pretty small thing but I really appreciate it as it gives you little bits of fleshing out your race.
The mentors apparently also comment if your character wears a certain character's gear.

croten

Maybe a patch?

They wouldn't have had to do two versions for every single line, there were very few lines that refer to your character as a male but there are many games that allow to play as either gender it's just strange that they would put so much detail into playing as a different races and not different genders.
It's true.

Is it lazy? Yes it is.

If the Japanese version kept dialogue gender neutral then the localization should have been better about that too, but it is what it is.

I didn't say it wasn't true, I just think your point was laughably stupid and pointless.

Xiraiya

Again I din't say I was offended, I just thought your point was childish.
Relax, being defensive immediately in every situation does you no favors.

Or what if the localization is so meta they already know most guys would play girls and they're doing the gender naming to adress the player? ;)
That would be amusing, who knows in that game, they have Abridged Nappa after all.

360pages

To be fair, Xenoverse is the type of game, that it's weirdly close to Monster Hunter in terms of mission and how you collect items and gear. You play with friends doing quest for items and levels.

Xiraiya

To be fair, Xenoverse is the type of game, that it's weirdly close to Monster Hunter in terms of mission and how you collect items and gear. You play with friends doing quest for items and levels.
I noticed that, I really enjoy the format of the game over all, it's honestly better than I expected it to be.

Ants

All namekians are hermaphrodites, and you can go super saiyan as a female in the game, but canonically female saiyans can't, therefore all characters are actually male.
no but that sucks that they don't recognize sex

(i dont know anything about whatever Buu is)

croten

The mission structure is almost identical. I'm not sure it works too well though due to the heavy reliance on RNG.

All namekians are hermaphrodites, and you can go super saiyan as a female in the game, but canonically female saiyans can't, therefore all characters are actually male.
no but that sucks that they don't recognize sex

(i dont know anything about whatever Buu is)

There was never anything about female Saiyans not being able to go Super Saiyan. Toriyama just didn't know how to draw one.

It other words, Toriyama didn't want to design one.

Ants

There was never anything about female Saiyans not being able to go Super Saiyan. Toriyama just didn't know how to draw one.

Having never watched GT "girls cannot into Super Saiyan" is hearsay, so I couldn't actually say for sure.

360pages

Pretty much, he said it was the hair. He later designed some for Dragon Ball Online I think,

Jman014

Yo Banana, you should save this for future use.
hwNYC1v.gif

I don't know the context of it yet but I like it.
I know I'll be saving it for future use.

Xiraiya

you can go super saiyan as a female in the game, but canonically female saiyans can't

I really feel like I read that was just Toriyama not wanting to draw female hair in Super Saiyan form, that and there wasn't really an opportunity to reveal a female Super Saiyan anyway.

10/10 not enough fibre.

Or what if the localization is so meta they already know most guys would play girls and they're doing the gender naming to adress the player? ;)
She needed more Google fibre in her diet.
Friender-chan will have a lot of fun with her when Bloodborne
BDMS
comes out.
If Bloodborne is BDMS, what is MGS 5 and Persona 5?

MGS:
Sneaking Public Sex.

P5:
Tentacle Hentai.

Xiraiya

Oh grow up.
I was being sarcastic to begin with, I think only an actually crazy person would be like "No you're not allowed to play characters of the opposite gender"
But I still knew you would jump on it and I shouldn't have taken advantage of that.

Top Bottom