• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

semisonic

Banned
Congrats.
Yea, the feel was a bit weird for me, especially after Part 3 but I enjoyed it.

I'm enjoying what I'm reading so far. What's so bad about it?
I'm at
Fugo's Purple Haze
It's just less interesting than the rest of the parts. Some of the stand powers are cool, and some of the fights are really cool, but honestly speaking the characters themselves are weaker, they don't really get enough screen time in fights with a select few exceptions, and Giorno does not make the best protagonist. He does have some damn good poses tho
I'm really looking forward to seeing pt4 animated as well. I think it'll be enjoyable to watch and probably better on a week to week basis than 3.

I wouldn't say it's way better than part 3 but it's definitely good. And yeah, it'll be fine though.

Yep yep.

I think Part 3 had some moments that were more hype than 4, but part 4 is overall more consistent and also less absurd for the most part (which is both good and bad). xD
Solid. I really think the characters were certainly more entertaining for the most part in part 4. I would take an okuyasu over an avdol any day of the week.

Ants

I would take an okuyasu over an avdol any day of the week.

cn0rFob.jpg

Ilvocare

DS2 wasn't that impressive, they had that sort of lighting in the E3 trailer but by release most of it had gone, mind you the game still looked really good, it just had most of it's post processing effects removed and it was glaringly obvious in parts that the game wasn't made to be played without most of it's effects.

Wait until Scholar of the first sin, they're bringing a bunch of enhancements back to the game for current gen systems, though whether it's as good as it originally looked, we'll see, but it's a good start.

Right, but aren't all the changes on the gameplay side of Scholar making the game even worse? I'm asking as someone who's more or less an outsider to DSII. I still have the first DaS but haven't bothered to go back and wrap it up...

Xiraiya

Yep yep.
I think Part 3 had some moments that were more hype than 4, but part 4 is overall more consistent and also less absurd for the most part (which is both good and bad). xD

Definitely.

Right, but aren't all the changes on the gameplay side of Scholar making the game even worse? I'm asking as someone who's more or less an outsider to DSII. I still have the first DaS but haven't bothered to go back and wrap it up...

No, most of it is re-balancing and in some places making the game harder, DS2 was easier than Dark Souls in a number of ways and the balance just wasn't the same, they made certain notoriously broken builds almost too weak but the new version of the game is a better attempt for From to put the game onto steady ground and maybe correct mistakes they made before, so most of the complaints will be people who can't glide through the game like they did before, it's pretty subjective but the changes aren't blatantly bad or anything.

Okingjrr

Ok, Hotline Miami 2: Chapter 18, show me what you got!
It's just less interesting than the rest of the parts. Some of the stand powers are cool, and some of the fights are really cool, but honestly speaking the characters themselves are weaker, they don't really get enough screen time in fights with a select few exceptions, and Giorno does not make the best protagonist. He does have some damn good poses tho

Solid. I really think the characters were certainly more entertaining for the most part in part 4. I would take an okuyasu over an avdol any day of the week.
Well, seeing as though every character has to have a chance to show off their stand, I think it's ok for the time being.
Giorno's "I HAVE A DREAM" is hilarious everytime he says it. At least he has a personal motivation to find the vilain from the get go, unlike Josuke. I honestly thought Part 4 was annoying to read until there was a proper vilain to chase after.

I feel you, I feel you deeply. Best side-kick character so far.

Yo I finished that a couple days ago. My choices were the same as yours except
the RV one, reporting Nathan, and reading David's files.

I enjoyed it but I'm ready for ep 2 since I'll be going into it blind instead of seeing an LP of it first.

I believe it comes out on the 24th.

Do you have a best girl yet? Faultwil already does
Chloe. She's really flawed, but I like her tho...
I really don't like how Rachel is the magical Mary Sue. Its strange how she's basically popular with everyone.
I enjoyed it but I'm ready for ep 2 since I'll be going into it blind instead of seeing an LP of it first.
Yeah same with me. It was nice for them to give it publicity. I don't think I would have picked it up otherwise.

Ants

For LiS, I
took a picture of Kate
because I figured it would be better in the long-term. Wish I had the opportunity to explain, instead of the game assuming I
chickened out
later.

semisonic

Banned
Rewatching the DS2 LP the actually (at part 9). So many shields being dropped.

I just got done rewatching the d4 lp personally. So fucking good. I kinda feel that and prison break are both good enough to be included in the OP posting. But whatever.
Man I can't wait for that to come out for pc. Some of those music tracks are godlike, like A Solitary Shadow -Edit-. (Link to brawlcustommusic because there are no other available links for this part of the ost)

I really don't like how Rachel is the magical Mary Sue. Its strange how she's basically popular with everyone.

They probably are going to explain what happened with that. Probably has a darkside.

I don't have a best girl yet since I feel it is too early

Jman014

Finally finished Life is Strange. Can't wait for the next episode. Here are my choices.
I share the same main decisions as you.
I believe it comes out on the 24th.
Yep!

Yeah same with me. It was nice for them to give it publicity. I don't think I would have picked it up otherwise.

She's cool
For LiS, I
took a picture of Kate
because I figured it would be better in the long-term. Wish I had the opportunity to explain, instead of the game assuming I
chickened out
later.

Might still be useful in future episodes

How long is Life is Strange compared to an average Telltale episode?
Slightly longer if you explore and examine everything.

Oh wow. Apparently in the Ace Attorney Trilogy, you can just play the games in Japanese if you really want to. That's a very interesting, yet confusing, addition.

Man, I love the trait Wild Wasteland in New Vegas. In Lonesome Road, I forgot that a weapon called "Fist of Rawr", named after the deathclaw you kill for it, is changed to "Fist of the North Rawr" if you have the trait. I admit, I chuckled for a good minute when I first saw it.

semisonic

Banned
Oh wow, apparently in the Ace Attorney Trilogy, you can just play the games in Japanese if you really want to. That's a very interesting, yet confusing, addition.

That's super cool. It lets you play the game as close to the original meanings as physically possible if you can read the language. Not everything was translated perfectly because japanese puns and shit are weird.

Oh wow. Apparently in the Ace Attorney Trilogy, you can just play the games in Japanese if you really want to. That's a very interesting, yet confusing, addition.
Yo I might have to get that if I ever get good at Japanese
That's super cool. It lets you play the game as close to the original meanings as physically possible if you can read the language. Not everything was translated perfectly because japanese puns and shit are weird.
Puns/references/jokes in general are weird

sjay1994

So, I gave HM 2 another chance.

Got to the 20th scene.... this explains this level perfectly

7741_original_44178208764352f34ca52a20b9ab06c1.jpg

Also, really bummed that the level with "le perv" has the most bullshit going on. Those pouncing enemies are such bullshit. They are literally jumping through walls and killed me.

So, I gave HM 2 another chance.

Got to the 20th scene.... this explains this level perfectly

7741_original_44178208764352f34ca52a20b9ab06c1.jpg

Also, really bummed that the level with "le perv" has the most bullshit going on. Those pouncing enemies are such bullshit. They are literally jumping through walls and killed me.

The crazy prisoners are one of few additions that I like. I'm still mad that they never reused those dual wielding pistols cops that they got rid of in the police office section

sjay1994

The crazy prisoners are one of few additions that I like. I'm still mad that they never reused those dual wielding pistols cops that they got rid of in the police office section

I think now I am officially done with this game. This level is having a laugh. Not only is getting killed of screen the leading cause of my deaths, but now you are taking away my visibility?

... I want to rage delete the game, but I want to beat this game.

Top Bottom