• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

Some Real GAF from me (for once).

Beloved's family has offered to fly me over to America in the next few months to spend a month or two over there with her and her family and go on vacation with them and basically get to see the sights and hang out and all that stuff.
Then after that Beloved will be flying back to Australia with me since it'll be about when she planned to come over here anyway.

It's partly to put her dad at ease so she doesn't have to fly by herself and also so I can get to know her family and they can get to know me now before she goes rather than years later whenever we went back to visit.

So that's pretty hype news, should be a good experience.

That sounds excellent! you must feel ecstatic, this has been something that you have been working towards for years right?

Okingjrr

Yeah. I decided to give up on trying to beat the prison level, and return to it tomorrow.

I like the game a lot but it's just so hard.
Yea, it's tough. That prison ain't no joke.

Beloved's family has offered to fly me over to America in the next few months to spend a month or two over there with her and her family and go on vacation with them and basically get to see the sights and hang out and all that stuff.
Then after that Beloved will be flying back to Australia with me since it'll be about when she planned to come over here anyway.

It's partly to put her dad at ease so she doesn't have to fly by herself and also so I can get to know her family and they can get to know me now before she goes rather than years later whenever we went back to visit.

That's awesome news! Everything seems to be coming together nicely for you two.

360pages

It's partly to put her dad at ease so she doesn't have to fly by herself and also so I can get to know her family and they can get to know me now before she goes, rather than years later whenever we went back to visit.

Congrats.

Xiraiya

That sounds excellent! you must feel ecstatic, this has been something that you have been working towards for years right?

Well me going over there was never really talked about too much, she doesn't want to spend her life in the US and I don't particularly want to live there either. The plan was she would just come over here around August/September and that would be that, we had pretty much most things sorted out already in that regard.

But then they just came out of no where with this Offer to have me over there for a little while.

That's awesome news! Everything seems to be coming together nicely for you two.
Yeah we've been pretty lucky.

SteveTR

It's partly to put her dad at ease so she doesn't have to fly by herself and also so I can get to know her family and they can get to know me now before she goes, rather than years later whenever we went back to visit.

That's great to hear! Congratulations!

Xiraiya

Yo that's cool. Congrats. A friend of mine lived there but she moved a few months ago. Alabama ain't got much.

I figured but then again I'm not really there to just experience all of America, just driving around and seeing/eating/trying different things that might not be very common here is enough for me.

Well me going over there was never really talked about too much, she doesn't want to spend her life in the US and I don't particularly want to live there either. The plan was she would just come over here around August/September and that would be that, we had pretty much most things sorted out already in that regard.

But then they just came out of no where with this Offer to have me over there for a little while.

Yeah we've been pretty lucky.

Well this is quite the nice twist then!

Wow...did not AC3 to have such a call back to a line from the end of the first Armored Core.

31 missions done, all successes, A rank Raven with over 400 K credits. Hell of a fucking game still.

I figured but then again I'm not really there to just experience all of America, just driving around and seeing/eating/trying different things that might not be very common here is enough for me.

I heard you guys don't have chili cheese fries in prison. You should look for a place that has some good ones. If you're into the whole junk food deal that is

Xiraiya

Well this is quite the nice twist then!
Yes, yes it is. I have to get my Passport sorted out and stuff like that, I haven't been out of the country before and I haven't been on a plane since I was like 10.

From about the age of 7 onwards every year around Christmas I would fly up to the Northern territory by myself to visit my grandparents and stuff, that was always an interesting experience.

sjay1994

GOD FUCKING DAMNIT!

HERE I AM ON THE LAST FLOOR OF THE LAST SCENE OF HM2... I AM ALMOST FUCKING DONE.... AND MY VITA JUST FUCKING CRASHES

GOD DAMN THIS GAME

Beloved

Yo that's cool. Congrats. A friend of mine lived there but she moved a few months ago. Alabama ain't got much.

We'll be splitting our time between Alabama and Mississippi, which puts us within driving distance of a lot of cool places, such as New Orleans (3 hr drive from my mom's house), Atlanta (2 hour drive from my brother's house), and all of the nice gulf coast beach towns (1-2 hours from my dad's house).

Xiraiya

I heard you guys don't have chili cheese fries in prison. You should look for a place that has some good ones. If you're into the whole junk food deal that is

I'm sure we'll have a bunch of moments of eating total garbage that I haven't had before, but for the most part we'll try to be as responsible with our eating habits as we usually are.

semisonic

Banned
Wow...did not AC3 to have such a call back to a line from the end of the first Armored Core.

31 missions done, all successes, A rank Raven with over 400 K credits. Hell of a fucking game still.

It's surprisingly fun, and what kind of got me into the series
in other words, made me buy verdict day and nothing else, because the idea of an operator was super cool and also I didn't realize how dead the game was. Only fucking superpros and me and my brother hanging around these days. We want to go online but can't really because there's only two of us on the team.
Do you play any of the others?

Yoooooo that's great!

Xiraiya

We'll be splitting our time between Alabama and Mississippi, which puts us within driving distance of a lot of cool places, such as New Orleans (3 hr drive from my mom's house), Atlanta (2 hour drive from my brother's house), and all of the nice gulf coast beach towns (1-2 hours from my dad's house).

I'm already feeling exhausted.

Ilvocare

in other words, made me buy verdict day and nothing else, because the idea of an operator was super cool and also I didn't realize how dead the game was. Only fucking superpros and me and my brother hanging around these days. We want to go online but can't really because there's only two of us on the team.

Pretty sure he's gone on record despising anything past 3. I like 3, but my heart currently belongs to For Answer, a.k.a. the game 4 should have been in the first place.

I believe neither of us will agree on anything regarding the series at this rate.

Alright, it seems my spring break plans might change. Originally, me, my girlfriend, and her family were going to go to California. Her parents started talking, and said why don't we go to Mexico instead? We all have passports, so that won't be a problem. They haven't decided yet, but they said I could come either way. This is sick, i'd be happy with either option. So unless something bad happens, i'll be going to either Mexico or California over spring break.

Alright, it seems my spring break plans might change. Originally, me, my girlfriend, and her family were going to go to California. Her parents started talking, and said why don't we go to Mexico instead? We all have passports, so that won't be a problem. They haven't decided yet, but they said I could come either way. This is sick, i'd be happy with either option. So unless something bad happens, i'll be going to either Mexico or California over spring break.

And here I spent my Spring Break at home spending time with the S/O. What a mundane life.

Have fun.
Hey , I had an Otitis ok! its not my fault I couldn't go swimming, and they had Spanish Cartoon network!
and it was CUBA!
Hm, I would rather go out and have fun, Cuban food is amazing man.
A mundane life is the best life.
You're not wrong, in my defense I never said it was a bad life.

I have the first eight games plus Verdict Day, but the latter I don't play much of these days. Much more fond of the older style of gameplay that was in the PS1 and 2 games.

Pretty sure he's gone on record despising anything past 3. I like 3, but my heart currently belongs to For Answer, a.k.a. the game 4 should have been in the first place.

I believe neither of us will agree on anything regarding the series at this rate.
I don't think they're terrible from an objective standpoint, just that I wish they weren't called Armored Core games. The amount of time Miyazaki spent changing the gameplay and systems in 4/4A to what it is I feel could've been better spent on Another Century's Episode R and making that thing not the piece of shit it came out as.

I appreciated AC5 and VDay's attempts to reign it back in some, but ended up going in some other directions I wasn't too fond of (ACs a tad too sluggish, plus the heavy multiplayer focus).

At the very least, all I ask is From Soft bring back the Arena mode in some way to the series, maybe make that the multiplayer component and combine every version of that mode they ever came up with into that. Master of Arena for life!

And here I spent my Spring Break at home spending time with the S/O. What a mundane life.

Have fun.

Hm, I would rather go out and have fun, Cuban food is amazing man.

You're not wrong, in my defense I never said it was a bad life.
I'm going to. It looks like it's probably gonna be Mexico, so i'm going to live it up as much as I can. I'm going to do as many things I can there that isn't in New Jersey.

Ilvocare

At the very least, all I ask is From Soft bring back the Arena mode in some way to the series, maybe make that the multiplayer component and combine every version of that mode they ever came up with into that. Master of Arena for life!

Man, I'm almost certain that Armored Core is to From Soft as Trauma Center is to Atlus.

As in I would be legit surprised if either of those got new games ever again. From Soft is drowning in all that Souls money and BB hype, and Atlus is pushing the majority of it's resources towards Persona. Not to mention the fact that the TC games really only work with unconventional controls (both the touch controls and Wiimote+Nunchuk schemes are perfect for the series, and using a standard controller would result in a massive loss in precision I wouldn't want.)

Top Bottom