• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

I'm going to. It looks like it's probably gonna be Mexico, so i'm going to live it up as much as I can. I'm going to do as many things I can there that isn't in New Jersey.

Go to the donkey show, just like Uncle Randall would recommend.

Didn't think Id ever use a Clerks 2 reference...

semisonic

Banned
Man, I'm almost certain that Armored Core is to From Soft as Trauma Center is to Atlus.

As in I would be legit surprised if either of those got new games ever again. From Soft is drowning in all that Souls money and BB hype, and Atlus is pushing the majority of it's resources towards Persona.

Man I love the fuck out of Second Opinion. It's so dumb and bullshit, but also surprisingly fun. The levels where you have to
disarm the nuclear bomb because that's what doctors do
and
perform surgery on a shaking plane
are both great, the former for sheer audacity, and the latter for actually interesting design.

Man, I'm almost certain that Armored Core is to From Soft as Trauma Center is to Atlus.

As in I would be legit surprised if either of those got new games ever again. From Soft is drowning in all that Souls money and BB hype, and Atlus is pushing the majority of it's resources towards Persona.
AC is too big of a franchise and the longest running of their catalog for them to just drop it. That statement would be better reserved for something like a new King's Field. Because THAT would be fucking surprising.

I just saw the Bloodborne spoiler thread on the front page of gaming. Well fuck. I now have to start the many months of dodging spoilers.

As in I would be legit surprised if either of those got new games ever again. From Soft is drowning in all that Souls money and BB hype, and Atlus is pushing the majority of it's resources towards Persona. Not to mention the fact that the TC games really only work with unconventional controls (both the touch controls and Wiimote+Nunchuk schemes are perfect for the series, and using a standard controller would result in a massive loss in precision I wouldn't want.)

Armored Core is going to get another game. The pace has slowed down considerably, but it's going to get another game.

Trauma Center died with the purchase by Sega.
Lucky for me I don't care about spoilers and i'll be getting it on release day.
This is the first time I'm trying to go into a game blind. It's tough, because I wanna see more Bloodborne hype.

AC is too big of a franchise and the longest running of their catalog for them to just drop it. That statement would be better reserved for something like a new King's Field. Because THAT would be fucking surprising.
Armored Core is going to get another game. The pace has slowed down considerably, but it's going to get another game.
If there is another Armored Core, I hope it comes to PC, because the mecha game offerings there are so shit that a VN with a crappy story and pretty good turn-based strategy gameplay marred w/ a shit difficulty/progression curve is literally the best option on Steam right now.

Man I really don't like grinding in non-action RPGs
I hear you. In games like SRW and G Gen, it's the fucking worst, because you have to replay hour long missions to get enough XP to level up units.

The hot water in my dormitory seems to be broken...Time to boil some water for clean shit.

;_;
If there is another Armored Core, I hope it comes to PC, because the mecha game offerings there are so shit that a VN with a crappy story and pretty good turn-based strategy gameplay marred w/ a shit difficulty/progression curve is literally the best option on Steam right now.
From has made good numbers on PC, so it's a possibility.

Looking forward to when Project Nimbus is finished. What I've played of it on Early Access seems pretty promising.

I hear you. In games like SRW and G Gen, it's the fucking worst, because you have to replay hour long missions to get enough XP to level up units.
Wow that doesn't sound great
Thats why I stopped playing FFX.

I hated filling up the sphere grid, didn't help that I was a fucking idiot, and filled most of the empty holes with luck spheres.
I'm glad I've had no interest in that game. FF games are fucking goddamn long

Don't tease me..

I like King's Field </3
I do too, and I love Shadow Tower even more.

Still need to check out Eternal Ring, though. Doesn't seem as good as its spiritual predecessors from what I've heard, but the emphasis on magic rings seems like an interesting enough concept to warrant a look.

Hey, maybe after Bloodborne the Souls formula will get an Eternal Ring style treatment so then we won't have to keep ostracizing Aaron for using magic all the damn time.

I do too, and I love Shadow Tower even more.

Still need to check out Eternal Ring, though. Doesn't seem as good as its spiritual predecessors from what I've heard, but the emphasis on magic rings seems like an interesting enough concept to warrant a look.

Hey, maybe after Bloodborne the Souls formula will get an Eternal Ring style treatment so then we won't have to keep ostracizing Aaron for using magic all the damn time.

I just want my King's Field 1 and 2 HD remaster.

I want my shit polygons in HD!

Thats why I stopped playing FFX.

I hated filling up the sphere grid, didn't help that I was a fucking idiot, and filled most of the empty holes with luck spheres.

Did you even have to grind in that game. I remember beating it fairly easy with
Seymour Flux and Yunalesca being the only remotely challenging bosses.

Then again, aside from 13, FF has never really been challenging in general.

Zenfalcia

I just lost everything in my D partition. All because my fucking HDD got corrupted during reformatting and I had to basically fully wipe the entire fucking thing.

Little to none of it was of extremely high value, but some of it were really, really convenient. It's gone now. A lot of work done over the years gone completely.

What an amazing day this has been.
Sucks. Did you have any back ups to those files? You could try file recovery to try to get some of them back.

sjay1994

Did you even have to grind in that game. I remember beating it fairly easy with
Seymour Flux and Yunalesca being the only remotely challenging bosses.

Then again, aside from 13, FF has never really been challenging in general.

I beat it easily.

I just gave up on trying to fill in the sphere grid for all characters and fight the secret boss

Zenfalcia

Some of them, but not nearly all of them. Thankfully I can find a couple of things off of my dropbox again and whatnot, but a decent amount is gone forever.

Seriously, when I say years, I mean something along the lines of half a decade.
Try file recovery programs to see if you can at least get parts of it. The faster you do it, the better chance you have to recover more.

Woah, must be a slow day on best gaf. Been gone for 9 hours only to come back to 2 pages of backlog. So are we moving at the speed of a regular thread now?

I just lost everything in my D partition. All because my fucking HDD got corrupted during reformatting and I had to basically fully wipe the entire fucking thing.

Little to none of it was of extremely high value, but some of it were really, really convenient. It's gone now. A lot of work done over the years gone completely.

Shit man, losing any sort of valuable data sucks, especially stuff built over the years.

Shitty.
Woah, must be a slow day on best gaf. Been gone for 9 hours only to come back to 2 pages of backlog. So are we moving at the speed of a regular thread now?
The weekends and specifically Sundays have really seemed to slow down the last couple of weeks. Even at our weakened state we are probably one of the more active threads in community.
Maybe.

I looked at that angry joe PC thread, and holy shit that thread is a firing line of bans.

Yeah, I took a look at it when Xir and Banana were talking about it earlier. There is a lot of grey names in that thread.

Zenfalcia

Yep. Slightly faster than a regular thread.
Impossible, unfortunately. The HDD is literally wiped clean. There's nothing left, no back up or even system partitions.
You could try 3rd party programs, what do you have to lose for trying. Although it's up to you.

sjay1994

Shit man, losing any sort of valuable data sucks, especially stuff built over the years.

I had a goal of making the shame car, but it was supposed to be in the lower part. I was the third highest poster behind Zen and that loser who keeps posting a lot in his own thread.

I was too shameful last thread.

Going to take it easier.

I had a goal of making the shame car, but it was supposed to be in the lower part. I was the third highest poster behind Zen and that loser who keeps posting a lot in his own thread.

I was too shameful last thread.

Going to take it easier.

I've gotten bored of being in the shame car, now I pick a random friender and try to match their post number with mine.

maybe everybody's been banned.
The mods have descended and brought down the hammer

Shitty.

The weekends and specifically Sundays have really seemed to slow down the last couple of weeks. Even at our weakened state we are probably one of the more active threads in community.

Yeah, I took a look at it when Xir and Banana were talking about it earlier. There is a lot of grey names in that thread.
Weekends are probably the days where they have the time to spend doing the things they want.

Yep. Slightly faster than a regular thread.

You could try 3rd party programs, what do you have to lose for trying. Although it's up to you.
Even at our lowest we're still the fastest.

Xiraiya

YcS9ty.png

Ended up creating a "Frieza Race" character in Xenoverse for fun.

Turned out pretty decent.

Top Bottom