• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but I have to do the whole machine gun gauntlet again to reach the wolf.
So..

No you don't.
As soon as you go down the first flight of stairs just fall down to the ground below, heal, then run straight. Its a safe drop, you won't die, as much as the DS2 mindset would make you think so.

Shackzam

I got to gold rank in killer instinct with hisako and I'm starting to get the hang of the craziness she does. I also beat BB:
cainhurst castle. Wasn't as hard as I thought as it would have been

Retro Samurai

Neo Member
I do that, too (mostly out of habit more than anything else), unless it's something I really want to pay attention to, like a new episode of Agents of SHIELD.

Also, are you new? Welcome!

I really hope you're new, and not just someone I don't recognize, because that'd be really awkward.

I am new, haha!

If I do that, I just stop watching the show entirely because I get focused on what I'm playing.

I hear ya. Depends on the game and the show for me. I play strategy/rpg stuff that doesn't take too much focus to grind in when I watch TBFP, and I played lots of Pushmo watching Hannibal - also, coincidently, the last show I really enjoyed. Can't wait for Season 3!

Oh. Well too bad I died any way.

If the drop is too big a hit on your health, run down the side stairs after going down the first flight of stairs and go straight forward and drop off from there before you make the left. I barely took any damage and the machine gun guy didn't even start shooting till I fell down.

tumblr_inline_n4vif0cAyg1rnvwt1.gif

I honestly thought this thread was based on a Kotaku article.

Also damn, now it's an hour forward here everything I do now is an hour later. Why must I like things in a completely different timezone? You know what was the worst? I went to the library to get a couple of books to try and do this essay, got back and was like "man I sure am hungry" so I saw this kebab menu and was like "these people do a good burger, I want a burger" it says they're open till 3:30pm. I saw the time and it was 2:34pm, and I was like "yes" and then I rang them and they said they were closed... Never before have I experienced this kind of disappointment.
I made 7 fish fingers instead and ate them by themselves. It was a sad night.

Rizzi

I found the super shortcut that means I don't even have to deal with Mr. Machine Gun.
Oh god the blood starved beast is terrifying.

'm on the last episode of Gunbuster, god DAMN. What a slow start to just get right in there with the latter 3 episodes.
Holy shit, just got to the intro for mechaweek 2 haha
It's radical.

Also damn, now it's an hour forward here everything I do now is an hour later. Why must I like things in a completely different timezone? You know what was the worst? I went to the library to get a couple of books to try and do this essay, got back and was like "man I sure am hungry" so I saw this kebab menu and was like "these people do a good burger, I want a burger" it says they're open till 3:30pm. I saw the time and it was 2:34pm, and I was like "yes" and then I rang them and they said they were closed... Never before have I experienced this kind of disappointment.
Lol.

Time moving forward sucks ass, but what kinda place closes at 3:30 that's dumb. also 7 fish fingers is like nothing and that's sad.

Zenfalcia

Kanji really loves bathroom floors.
According to Pat, he does.

You'll get used to it.
'm on the last episode of Gunbuster, god DAMN. What a slow start to just get right in there with the latter 3 episodes.
It's radical.
Are you going to watch diebuster too?

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Holy fuck Woolie is cumming all over ZOE 2, and i really mean that, at 4:38 woolie literally starts cumming

Skrams

Woof!
Those last prison school chapters really are somthing

Up to 171 right? Yeah, it's some good shit. Maybe it was just because it was such a big chunk that I found myself laughing more or it was just some of the best shit so far. Either way it was real good.

Andre's appearance as a Rancor/Jabba The Hutt killed me.

Also seeing people complain about attention spans and not being able to sit through an hour and a half movie makes me sad. It sounds like a shitty jaded old man thing to say, but god, just sit and enjoy something instead of feeling the need to do multiple things at once just to keep your brain moving.

you could've just watched diebuster without watching gunbuster.
No, because connected plot or something...

Because reasons.

Gunbuster was worth the slow build I think, but man does it get slow.
I can see how this fed into EVA, but not being a story about characters falling apart makes the reluctant hero trope actually hurt. The slow bleh of 1-3 was worth 4 and 5, and 6 was definitely something I can see why it's famous.
Added to my hummingbird.
YEAH THAT AVATAR

Also seeing people complain about attention spans and not being able to sit through an hour and a half movie makes me sad. It sounds like a shitty jaded old man thing to say, but god, just sit and enjoy something instead of feeling the need to do multiple things at once just to keep your brain moving.
ADD is hard mang
I need better art of the doll.
FUCK THAT THIS IS WAY BETTER
I'm laughing so hard

I'm turning on LightGAF just to make it funnier.

Zenfalcia

No, because connected plot or something...

Because reasons.

Gunbuster was worth the slow build I think, but man does it get slow.
I can see how this fed into EVA, but not being a story about characters falling apart makes the reluctant hero trope actually hurt. The slow bleh of 1-3 was worth 4 and 5, and 6 was definitely something I can see why it's famous.
YEAH THAT AVATAR
it's kinda.. but not really. I should watch gunbuster soon...
I need better art of the doll.
;_; i missed the earlier avatar. Oh well.

It's fine. I can watch anything, even if it's bad or slow.
Hm. The elusive man of no standards.
Oh huh. Dark Souls 2 is coming to PS4 next week.
If you like it more than Bloodborne I'll cry.
Kidding, but man. I'm waiting to have that argument with people who loved DkS2
Serious question though, What's your favorite Souls game? If you have one. Just curious
Speaking of, that video caused this to happen. I'll be playing it for the first time ever some time in the next week or so.
I like the Vaati stream in the back. I should probably watch Marcus' new Bloodborne stuff sometime.

Rizzi

Hm. The elusive man of no standards.
If you like it more than Bloodborne I'll cry.
Kidding, but man. I'm waiting to have that argument with people who loved DkS2
Serious question though, What's your favorite Souls game? If you have one. Just curious
I like the Vaati stream in the back. I should probably watch Marcus' new Bloodborne stuff sometime.

I've played it. I put like 70 hours in to it on PS3 and 108 on PC.
But I'll probably play it again, so. :p
Favourite is probably Dark Souls 1.

I've played it. I put like 70 hours in to it on PS3 and 108 on PC.
But I'll probably play it again, so. :p
Favourite is probably Dark Souls 1.
Ok, you have good taste so it's fine :p
I didn't even notice that. Just had the tab of all channels open. :x
It's fiiiiiine
I do have standards, but they are really low,
especially for anime.
Are they less like standards and more like bare-minimumards?

Rizzi

I sorta regret getting a PSTV last week. The remote play stuff is fine I guess, but shit I want to play isn't compatible.
:<
Gonna have to get another Vita probably. Lol.

I sorta regret getting a PSTV last week. The remote play stuff is fine I guess, but shit I want to play isn't compatible.
:<
Gonna have to get another Vita probably. Lol.
The fact the compatibility list is region locked sucks

Also I wanna say your avatar is cool, so your avatar is cool

Skrams

ADD is hard mang
If you have actual ADD or take medication then sure. I'd hope people aren't just self diagnosing themselves with it and throwing the term around like it means nothing. I'm largely ignorant on ADD or ADHD and how it truely effects people, but eh. I figure it's more self inflicted these days with all the outlets we have and things we can be doing at once. People can't learn to have a little restraint and feel the need to do multiple things at once because reasons. I've had the problem before of listening to podcasts during games when I should of just been listening to the actual audio. I did this with Super Mario Galaxy 2 because I was dumb. Nowadays I focus entirely on a thing because I don't want to be distracted at all. The amount of times I'm watching something and hear a steam beep can become real grating. I can't imagine watching a finale to a show and pausing it constantly to do other things or watching it on one monitor and doing something on the other. I'd only do this for a show I'm disinterested in or something I find super junkfoody as a show. I did this a lot with Case Closed/Detective Conan since that shit is long and it's a minimystery show so whatever.

Man, I just want people to enjoy things.

Also remembered at one point I was heavy into twitter and had a client set to update every second because reasons. That was jeez.

Zenfalcia

If you have actual ADD or take medication then sure. I'd hope people aren't just self diagnosing themselves with it and throwing the term around like it means nothing. I'm largely ignorant on ADD or ADHD and how it truely effects people, but eh. I figure it's more self inflicted these days with all the outlets we have and things we can be doing at once. People can't learn to have a little restraint and feel the need to do multiple things at once because reasons. I've had the problem before of listening to podcasts during games when I should of just been listening to the actual audio. I did this with Super Mario Galaxy 2 because I was dumb. Nowadays I focus entirely on a thing because I don't want to be distracted at all. The amount of times I'm watching something and hear a steam beep can become real grating. I can't imagine watching a finale to a show and pausing it constantly to do other things or watching it on one monitor and doing something on the other. I'd only do this for a show I'm disinterested in or something I find super junkfoody as a show. I did this a lot with Case Closed/Detective Conan since that shit is long and it's a minimystery show so whatever.

Man, I just want people to enjoy things.
Basically you get distracted easily and cannot focus on one task. there's more to it than that, but it's the gist of it.

But people enjoy things differently.... >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom