• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
BROTHAAAAS

Mgs4-1-lg.jpg
BROTHAAA

Zenfalcia

BROTHAAAAS

Mgs4-1-lg.jpg
Welcome to the club.
Dont get me wrong, hometown is great, and preferably I would rather have both, but if I have the choose...
There's only one answer. You chose the right one.
Life give you delicious milk.

You'd think hometown is good, but you soon realize you are just wading through shit.
Literally.
Its that gif that made me make my last comment.
Good, good.

sjay1994

Fair enough.

I have honestly been asking that question a lot since playing last of us, because in one of the areas I found some skewered rats on a grill, and I thought to myself "man, if the world ended and the on;y food I could eat was rats, I'm probably going to kill someone and eat their flesh"

Rats carried the plague.... I can't eat this shit.

Rizzi

Also, seriously with these load times and being unable to hit a solid 30 fps.
Pretty sure you're supposed to optimize the game before release.

Any other game I'd be buttmad about the load times, but this is seriously one of my favorite games now. Like, imagine your own favorite game with really bad load times. It feels like that.

I have honestly been asking that question a lot since playing last of us, because in one of the areas I found some skewered rats on a grill, and I thought to myself "man, if the world ended and the on;y food I could eat was rats, I'm probably going to kill someone and eat their flesh"

Rats didn't carry the plague. The fleas the rats carried carried the plague

sjay1994

Its fine....

No it isn't. I always find it hilarious when some devs are given a free pass, while others a scrutinized beyond belief for doing the same thing

Zenfalcia

If choosing hometown is wrong I don't want to be right.
How could you say no to a face like this?

Just cook properly and it'll be fine.
They are supposed to be patch coming out to fix that.

sjay1994

FUCK YOU PAT AND LIAM

Before My Body Is Dry is a hype song...

DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY

So it seems there’s no other choice
But to go all out
Stay with me and let’s stand out
and outshine those trying to get our stars now
All we have to do is figure out how strong we are
and what it takes to stay alive
Sync and learn what we can do to take ‘em down
It’s revenge and survive
For now, we know in part
And you can feel my heart
So help me to stay focused so I don’t fall apart
I wanna be complete
It’s not in me to retreat
I could lose on my own so I really need you with me

Thats the problem

Zenfalcia

I like you
Thanks.
The life were right.

I should stop reading /smtg/ for tonight...
The life is always right.
Pat getting trolled is awesome
Pat getting trolled is always awesome.
Xenogears looks really good. I'll probably pick it up soon.
The music is pretty good too.
That isn't hometown I'm seeing. Don't spread lies.
Life is the only truth.

sjay1994

Because some games are good enough to get away with it while others aren't.

I mean, bloodborne is fucking great, but the load problems (especially in a game where you are probably going to die a lot) and the framedrops (especially in old yharnam) are a problem.

I've always been of the mentality to call people out, no matter how good their stuff is.

I mean, bloodborne is fucking great, but the load problems (especially in a game where you are probably going to die a lot) and the framedrops (especially in old yharnam) are a problem.

I've always been of the mentality to call people out, no matter how good their stuff is.
To be frank, I just don't care when I'm having this much fun.

I'm certainly not one to go around yelling in digital foundry threads, but I'll skip out on plenty of game because of technical issues myself, but like, this is too good.

As you have every right to. I'm not saying it isn't a problem, I'm just saying that if the content is that good people are willing to overlook its other problems. When the content isn't good though, that's when people start to really harp on the technical side just in some hope that the game isn't a total mediocrity.

sjay1994

To be frank, I just don't care when I'm having this much fun.

I'm certainly not one to go around yelling in digital foundry threads, but I'll skip out on plenty of game because of technical issues myself, but like, this is too good.

The frame drops don't bug me out a lot, since they have never killed me.

The load times are a problem though, but thats mostly because I am just staring at the logo for 30 seconds. If there was some flavor text or lore to read, I probably wouldn't have noticed the load times.

Yeah, but to be honest, despite the love I have, load times are still bothering me solely because Bloodborne didn't implement the superior dark souls traveling mechanic.
The way they used the nexus area made me ok with it. Visiting there often leads to attachment and some really high attention to changes.
As a small example, One time doll moved locations and I freaked out.
Farming an area of vials became way more tolerable when I started running from one lamp to another killing everything along the way.
Now, the fact that she has the DkS2 NPC problem of having pre-roll speech when you level sucks still, and there's the load times exaggerating the stuff, but I haven't been this enamored with a game since Revengeance.

Zenfalcia

Really, the only way to make this life versus hometown debate any more complex/stupid is to introduce a third faction for the pussy.
Talk about girls are always super serious.
Ah, to be young and ignorant. You will learn that boobs are just fake asses as you grow more wise.
Is that so?
Hey, guys, did I miss anything interesting? (I've been D&D stuff literally all day.)
You missed everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom