• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The load times are a problem though, but thats mostly because I am just staring at the logo for 30 seconds. If there was some flavor text or lore to read, I probably wouldn't have noticed the load times.
I was really upset about that before release, but the game is so amazing I don't even care. I don't even disagree that it's bad. I just am literally in love with the game.

It feels like Demon's Souls done better.
I gotta go life.
bobbing-head-o.gif

sjay1994

I was really upset about that before release, but the game is so amazing I don't even care. I don't even disagree that it's bad. I just am literally in love with the game.

It feels like Demon's Souls done better.

bobbing-head-o.gif

Considering you don't hallow in BB.... I guess the load times are the only penalty for death asides from losing your echos.

Retro Samurai

Neo Member
Also, seriously with these load times and being unable to hit a solid 30 fps.
Pretty sure you're supposed to optimize the game before release.

Do push ups for every death during the load times.

My regiment:

Regular death = 10 sit ups.
Dumb death = 15 sit ups.
Boss death equals = 20 push ups
Every fifth death you do twice of whichever you died of, I. E. 20 sit ups, 30 sit ups, 40 push ups.

Get ripped in a week.

Ah, to be young and ignorant. You will learn that boobs are just fake asses as you grow more wise.

Yeah, but to be honest, despite the love I have, load times are still bothering me solely because Bloodborne didn't implement the superior dark souls traveling mechanic.

It wouldn't really make sense for BB to have the DS traveling mechanic considering everything you do with your blood echos, item management, etc. is at the hub world anyway and 9/10 times that's where you're going to when you get to a lamp, whereas in DS, you could level up at a bonfire and do all your micromanaging there.

For lore reasons, its a respite from the very dark and aggressive tone of the world around you and offers a place for your hunter to recuperate, whereas in DS everything was pretty static so a bonfire was all you needed as a place to recoup. Its a design decision and I can see why he did it the way he did for this game.

But don't think for a second I'm defending the load times, because I am definitely against those being as long as they are. But at this point its just beating a dead horse and it is getting patched out soon.

Zenfalcia

Shit, really? What happened?

I gotta go life.
Good choice.
From what I've heard, contact with a ghost just means you pass through it and feel cold, so...no.

Edit: shameless DP is shameless.
You don't know that.
All these fucking life heathens...
You love it tho.
tumblr_m7zwul8acB1qbr6b0o1_500.gif

Do push ups for every death during the load times.

My regiment:

Regular death = 10 sit ups.
Dumb death = 15 sit ups.
Boss death equals = 20 push ups
Every fifth death you do twice of whichever you died of, I. E. 20 sit ups, 30 sit ups, 40 push ups.

Get ripped in a week.
But what about legs? Skip leg day?

Ants

I was carefully looking at the JJBA PS1 fighter and apparently it has a sick mechanic whereby you activate a Super, input a bunch of inputs, and your Stand executes them while you're free to do whatever.

No spoilers here.

That is a fucking insane mechanic.

I was carefully looking at the JJBA PS1 fighter and apparently it has a sick mechanic whereby you activate a Super, input a bunch of inputs, and your Stand executes them while you're free to do whatever.
No spoilers here.
That is a fucking insane mechanic.
All the combo videos of the game use it like crazy. It's basically the only way to use
Vanilla Ice
correctly IIRC

beinfilms

I just realized the degree to which I'm a show person, rather than a movie person. Given the choice, I'll pretty much always watch a few episodes of a show than a movie of the same length.

I think it's because comedy shows allow the jokes to be less connected, opening up more options, and dramatic shows allow much more character development and allows the plot to be paced a bit more slowly, in a good way.

I just realized the degree to which I'm a show person, rather than a movie person. Given the choice, I'll pretty much always watch a few episodes of a show than a movie of the same length.

I think it's because comedy shows allow the jokes to be less connected, opening up more options, and dramatic shows allow much more character development and allows the plot to be paced a bit more slowly, in a good way.
I like going to a theater, but if I'm a living room environment it's a toss up. Movies last too long for one sitting and shows have to be really enjoyable to hold my attention.

I'm slightly biased because I don't like 90% of TV.

Zenfalcia

I'm getting a 403 on the first link. nevermind
I kinda know where i'm going with this? It's mostly an excuse to post gifs.. :p

Shows don't last 2-3 hours, which is nice.

I had way less of that in BB

I've had none of that in BB. And I know exactly the wolf he's talking about, I kind of just reacted super quick. It scared the shit out of me, but I got away from it with the roll.

I think the only time I've ever felt really cheated in a death in a souls game is DS2 with the broken hitboxes on bosses and that one ogre that bursts through the door and one shots you with absolutely 0 hint/indication.

At least if a wolf hits you it doesn't do much unless its a combo.

beinfilms

I like going to a theater, but if I'm a living room environment it's a toss up. Movies last too long for one sitting and shows have to be really enjoyable to hold my attention.

I mean, I don't watch real TV pretty much ever (except when new episodes of shows I care about are coming out). I'm all about that Netflix.

Movie theaters are fun, but they also tend to be fucking expensive, so I usually end up only going either if it's a movie I'm really hyped for, or if I have a date, or something.

Retro Samurai

Neo Member

I can't sit still and watch a movie or TV show, I have to be playing a game at the same time. Zero attention span.

I've had none of that in BB. And I know exactly the wolf he's talking about, I kind of just reacted super quick. It scared the shit out of me, but I got away from it with the roll.

I think the only time I've ever felt really cheated in a death in a souls game is DS2 with the broken hitboxes on bosses and that one ogre that bursts through the door and one shots you with absolutely 0 hint/indication.

At least if a wolf hits you it doesn't do much unless its a combo.
I feel like panic dodge is way more viable than it ever was in souls. If you're scared just hold back and mash circle.
I mean, I don't watch real TV pretty much ever (except when new episodes of shows I care about are coming out). I'm all about that Netflix.

Movie theaters are fun, but they also tend to be fucking expensive, so I usually end up only going either if it's a movie I'm really hyped for, or if I have a date, or something.
My family dropped satellite and cable awhile ago. All about dat netflix.

I always see movies on matinee or other discounts, only go to early screenings for something I'm really excited for like Pacific Rim.

Though, I feel like I'm drifting away farther and farther from TV and Movies, and just playing more video games (and dipping my toes in popular/classic anime). I mean, I've been meaning to see Guardians of the Galaxy since release, and after friends cancelled on me three seperate times, I just gave up. I basically haven't been in a theater since the Robocop remake.
I can't sit still and watch a movie or TV show, I have to be playing a game at the same time. Zero attention span.
If I do that, I just stop watching the show entirely because I get focused on what I'm playing.

beinfilms

I do that, too (mostly out of habit more than anything else), unless it's something I really want to pay attention to, like a new episode of Agents of SHIELD.

Also, are you new? Welcome!

I really hope you're new, and not just someone I don't recognize, because that'd be really awkward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom