• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Okingjrr

It's 2 AM why can I not sleep?

image.php

Zenfalcia

His open mindedness can also be him being soft on things even if they're not good. Like Aldnoah Zero.

I slightly forgive him for that since he admitted that he was just staring at shit too close and the preorders supposedly weren't up for those versions at the time he looked.

I'm usually fine with most of his other devils advocateness because it's just him offering the other view point usually when it's a reasonable other view point. I prefer it rather than a complete echo chamber.

Also posting this Boku no Eruption vid in case it hasn't been posted before. They responded to the Drake of the 99 Dragons challenge.

Also prepare your butts for
Mindjack.
I mean... he can still enjoy it, even if it's bad...

Did he say that? I must've missed it.

I agree, it's only good when it's reasonable, other wise he's just saying it for the sake of saying it.

That's cool.

Oberon

Banned
Another BB boss ded

I killed that women beast. Bosses that heal are jerks, and that was the only "difficult part of that boss. Did it on second try. The next boss better not be another beast, because I am already missing the humanoid ones from DS 2"

Rizzi

So I live with my mum and her boyfriend now. They have a rather nice tv and surround sound system that I plugged my Wii U in to. My old tv was okay but nothing special, and the colours were always kinda darker than I wanted. I had a shitty little sound bar that barely worked.
I'm pretty sure Wind Waker HD is like, the nicest looking and sounding game I've ever played.

Skrams

I mean... he can still enjoy it, even if it's bad...

Did he say that? I must've missed it.

I agree, it's only good when it's reasonable, other wise he's just saying it for the sake of saying it.

That's cool.

Never said he couldn't. I just think his openmindedness can lead to him being too soft on things more than he needs to be.

Yeah, he was the one who brought up that it was hitting PS3/360 after the discussion passed. He said he and other people were sure it wouldn't hit because it wasn't talked about at all and the preorders didn't go up at the same time or something like that. He said he had the blinders on and was looking too closely.

It's been a while since I've listened to the old podcasts so I wouldn't know if he was being a shit about it ever. I just know I've thought he's been good about it in the recent past. I usually appreciate another view point since it's usually an extreme to cancel out Pat's extreme most of the time.

SteveTR

I just love it when people accuse me of not wanting to play a board game, when it's clearly them who don't want to play it.

Zenfalcia

Never said he couldn't. I just think his openmindedness can lead to him being too soft on things more than he needs to be.

Yeah, he was the one who brought up that it was hitting PS3/360 after the discussion passed. He said he and other people were sure it wouldn't hit because it wasn't talked about at all and the preorders didn't go up at the same time or something like that. He said he had the blinders on and was looking too closely.

It's been a while since I've listened to the old podcasts so I wouldn't know if he was being a shit about it ever. I just know I've thought he's been good about it in the recent past. I usually appreciate another view point since it's usually an extreme to cancel out Pat's extreme most of the time.
It's fine! There's too much hardness in zaibatsu anyways.

Oh, well, i'm glad he admitted to it. So that's nice.

It just felt like sometimes he didn't have anything substantial for his argument even if it was just playing devil's advocate.
I just love it when people accuse me of not wanting to play a board game, when it's clearly then who don't want to play it.
Sounds fun.
What was that shit in DmC called?

Ask Skla..he would know.
No idea, never played it.

Would he?

It's fine! There's too much hardness in zaibatsu anyways.

Oh, well, i'm glad he admitted to it. So that's nice.

It just felt like sometimes he didn't have anything substantial for his argument even if it was just playing devil's advocate.

Sounds fun.

No idea, never played it.

Would he?

Well he does love DmC, so probably.

He rides in the Vergilmobile all the time.

SteveTR

Kingdom Hearts was one of the games I got with my PS2. I played a good portion of it, but I never really enjoyed playing it. It's just one of those games.

It might have initially been caused by the fact that I didn't know anything about Final Fantasy when I first played the game. However, I came back to it last year and I still didn't particularly enjoy it.

Numb

Man, I hate Kingdom Hearts.

I basically watched my little brothers play it to death.
I should probably play the HD collection before KH3 comes out.
Is every game in there or do i have to buy every sytem ever made which the games seem to be on.

mrmyhthef

Is every game in there or do i have to buy every sytem ever made which the games seem to be on.

There's 1.5 which has the first game, Chain of Memories and a movie of 358/2 days and there's 2.5 which has the second game, Birth by Sleep and a movie of Re:coded. That's all of them except the one on 3DS.

ITS A LOT OF GAMES

Xiraiya

You picked a good time to check the series out since all the Final Mix versions are in English now.

Numb

There's 1.5 which has the first game, Chain of Memories and a movie of 358/2 days and there's 2.5 which has the second game, Birth by Sleep and a movie of Re:coded. That's all of them except the one on 3DS.

ITS A LOT OF GAMES

That sounds like an amazing collection.
Seeing single game remasters nowadays seems sad in comparison

Numb

You picked a good time to check the series out since all the Final Mix versions are in English now.

I usually prefer the original VO for games but W101 turned me around on that.
Besides it would be weird hearing the disney crew speaking in japanese if they did in the games.

Xiraiya

Omg that was amazing.
Wow Mickey in japanese is great. Donald duck you can pick out from the crowd but Goofy dissapears when in japanese.
I actually prefer Mickey in japanese.

I always go with what immediately sounds the most natural. Like P4, I really dislike the dub, it's garbage, Kanji's the only really good voice in English, so I would MUCH, MUCH rather play with subtitles.
I'll do the same thing for Final Fantasy XIII when I finally give it a proper shot, Lightning immediately sounded better and more like a person who wasn't dead inside in the opening.

I played The Witcher in polish since the English felt way over the top, that was a cool experience.

I just didn't think there would be a japanese dating sim episode of a disney show.
Well Gravity Falls is basically 90's Disney, I don't really think it's Disney restricting shows as much as people just generally making pathetic shit that Disney happens to air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom