• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe2187

Banned
I sent the old lady to the Cathedral also as far as I remember all I got was an emote
That cathedral is sketchy, old lady is losing her mind slowly and that old hag is some shady shit in teh corner. Meanwhile the clinic seems to good however I dont see any sign of the people I sent to her and she ends her sentences with an evil chuckle...aint no winning BloodBorne land I guess.

Zenfalcia

Haha you'd think, but just the other week there was a snake in the loungeroom chilling near the fireplace
Ah, but that's not in your room, so it's all good. That just means more meat for dinner.
I will just combine these debates by saying you Earth folk don't have good waifus like Haman Karn
Haman-Karn.jpg
W-well.. screw you!
I don't know anything about gundam.
It's mostly when those things feel hardheaded for the sake of being hardheaded or born out of ignorance that my jimmies are the most rustled. It feels like he isn't open to change sometimes which also hurts. Also yeah, I know a lot of it is just over exaggeration at some point due to trolling.
I think that may play a part in it, but maybe it's who he really is.

Are you sure? Maybe the PR guy for Nicki Minaj really likes Rev2?

Pat is just brutally honest IMO and doesn't hold back at all. It feels like he's totally aware he is crazy but does it anyways. It's kinda like ribbing friends you know really well but taken to an extreme.

Yes. I blame him. He has to be a crazy person and read ALL OF IT.

Post more tho.

Yay, another team backlog member.

You have the best of priorities. Those are the only real things worth talking about.
SCREW YOU SPACE TRAITORS

Not always, but it works most of the time. We should use the lurker trap card more often.

Who the hell do you think I am!?!?

I'm sure i got the right thread. This is the mediocre at best co-workers chatroom thread.
I've got too much shit I gotta do.

Zenfalcia

Skrams

I mean, yeah, if I hate Mayo I'll talk it up as being terrible, especially to my friends cause whatever. I'll say it's terrible 100% of the time, unless someone is very serious, where I go well "yeah some people like it cause I mean, it exists"

I mean he calls himself passionate, and headstrong kinda fits right in with it. He points out the one thing that ruins it for him and is like "yeah that's all".

So yeah,I guess it's just accepting Pat's opinions as his opinions, and understanding they're just opinions. I guess I can see what you mean, some people in this topic have strong opinions that rub me the wrong way in how they're said, but Pat generally doesn't.

I have no recollection of that last thing though. I dunno, that just seems like his personality.
I usually find he keeps his hardheadedness up even if he's called out on his shit. I find it rare that he tones it down as if he finally gets where the other side is coming from. If he gets it from the beginning then he's fine. When he's already set in motion for something then it's usually hard to ever change his opinion even if it feels like it's born out of something dumb.

Also yeah, grain of salt and all that. I'll just have to keep going, oh Pat's being insane again when talking about some dumb food item.

I think he said the tourettes thing in the steam chat once. He was muttering "I hate this," three or so times during the compliments stuff. "Giving compliments is the worst," just makes me sad because he's pooping on a nice moment. Then he proceeded to say "You're all a bunch of cunts," because being nice is hard. Can't break kayfabe on constantly poking each other with jokes and sarcastic remarks.

I'm with you. On the one hand, I appreciate the honesty, but on the other ignorance is bad.

Matt's my favourite though, even if he doesn't show up in a lot of content and zones out constantly. He just takes things easy.

Glad someone sees where I'm coming from. Matt's a good boss, but my interests and feelings just don't line up enough with him for him as a favorite. I appreciate him a hell of a lot though.

I think that may play a part in it, but maybe it's who he really is.

Sure, if that's who he is then okay. I don't necessarily like that is a part of his regular tendencies still.

Zenfalcia

Sure, if that's who he is then okay. I don't necessarily like that is a part of his regular tendencies still.
i do agree he is too hard-headed at times and could be a little more open, but ehhh...
So stop being crazy. Stop drinking my Kool-Aid!
I'm going to make a cult and drink all your Kool-Aid!
Super Best Friends Thread 18: Pat we're not creepy anymore part 2: Revelaitons
10/10 goat title.

Skrams

i do agree he is too hard-headed at times and could be a little more open, but ehhh...

I like the idea of being who you are. I really do. Don't put on airs or any bullshit because fuck off, this is who I am. It's just being who you are doesn't excuse everything or mean it's always fine. Horrible example, but a racist being a racist because that's who they are doesn't excuse it. Peoples own self changes constantly throughout their life so I feel like something like Pat's opinion on Skullgirls changing shows that maybe a few things he says could be relooked at. If Pat could be just a little more open to things and not write things off for small things then I'd be a little happier.

I totally understand giving complements being hard, besides a "this is good".

Am I a tsundere? :S

I'm humble to a fault sort of and being complimented makes me uncomfortable. I also sometimes feel like not giving compliments due to me feeling like this myself and sometimes I don't feel like a lot of things don't need to be complimented since they seem like normal things to do. I don't know if Pat's in that position or not. I don't think I would say I hate this and then proceed to call people cunts though to get the stink of nice out of my mouth though.

Zenfalcia

I totally understand giving complements being hard, besides a "this is good".

Am I a tsundere? :S
Yes, and you're not the only one.
IT'S REALLY HARD...
I like the idea of being who you are. I really do. Don't put on airs or any bullshit because fuck off, this is who I am. It's just being who you are doesn't excuse everything or mean it's always fine. Horrible example, but a racist being a racist because that's who they are doesn't excuse it. Peoples own self changes constantly throughout their life so I feel like something like Pat's opinion on Skullgirls changing shows that maybe a few things he says could be relooked at. If Pat could be just a little more open to things and not write things off for small things then I'd be a little happier.
It's a double edge sword. there's bad parts and good parts of it. Oh, man. I forgot about skullgirls.. he didn't even play it until they did the fisticuffs or something like that? That was nuts. Maybe he'll be more open eventually...

Skrams

It's a double edge sword. there's bad parts and good parts of it. Oh, man. I forgot about skullgirls.. he didn't even play it until they did the fisticuffs or something like that? That was nuts. Maybe he'll be more open eventually...

He played it for an hour or something in training mode. I think he said he found it too slow. The game was sped up with balance changes I think, so it's possible that made him like it more once he revisited it through the fisticuffs. He also seems to always need a hook like Spinal or Big Band to get him to care. I would hope he could care before being shown something that was specifically made for him though.

Numb

Yes, and you're not the only one.
IT'S REALLY HARD...

Pat is more open but only after you nag him for a couple of years and then he falls in love with the thing. Liam is the most open minded tho.

Zenfalcia

He played it for an hour or something in training mode. I think he said he found it too slow. The game was sped up with balance changes I think, so it's possible that made him like it more once he revisited it through the fisticuffs. He also seems to always need a hook like Spinal or Big Band to get him to care. I would hope he could care before being shown something that was specifically made for him though.
That's always a possibility. Although it seems like once he's in, he's IN THERE. So that's pretty good. It doesn't seem like that'll happen soon, since it has to cater to his needs because he's very specific about things.

Skrams

Pat is more open but only after you nag him for a couple of years and then he falls in love with the thing. Liam is the most open minded tho.

Yep, takes a long time to wear him down and then he'll eventually try the thing. Then he learns he likes it a lot and his hardheadedness was for nothing.

Took him over 6 years or something to watch Rocky because of this.

That's always a possibility. Although it seems like once he's in, he's IN THERE. So that's pretty good. It doesn't seem like that'll happen soon, since it has to cater to his needs because he's very specific about things.

Yeah, it's always a "well thank god, he came to his senses," usually. And a man can dream.

Numb

Welcome to new guy.
I can feel that there are lurkers than havent posted yet.
Show yourselves! we wont bite and are nice.

Zenfalcia

God damn... Things were slower yesterday and the entire week before.... Why now?

Hey new guy welcome to the thread.
People woke up and got busy. Although i think Goodwil passed out, due to the lack of posts by him.
Even then, you or he himself has to force him to watch/play/read the thing. Liam is usually open minded, except for not wanting to join the NEO. JOIN US LIAM, JUST DO IT.
Oh no!

I need to go back to the Pacific and buy more Thulhu-Aid!
Not if we drink it all first!

demidar

I'm humble to a fault sort of and being complimented makes me uncomfortable. I also sometimes feel like not giving compliments due to me feeling like this myself and sometimes I don't feel like a lot of things don't need to be complimented since they seem like normal things to do. I don't know if Pat's in that position or not. I don't think I would say I hate this and then proceed to call people cunts though to get the stink of nice out of my mouth though.

I aim to be pleasant, and I'm generally nice around people/strangers, but saying sweet and nice things makes me retch, even if I it's honest and I want to say it. But I don't need to be foul to wash that stuff out though.

People woke up and got busy. Although i think Goodwil passed out, due to the lack of posts by him.

Even then, you or he himself has to force him to watch/play/read the thing. Liam is usually open minded, except for not wanting to join the NEO. JOIN US LIAM, JUST DO IT.

Not if we drink it all first!

I don't have anymore though for you to drink ;-; No one ever wants to drink it, until now.

Skrams

It's why Liam is becoming my favorite. His open mindedness is nice until it becomes Aldnoah Zero. Also convinced he doesn't have an email to even register with neogaf now. He don't go to schools or work. He has nothing. I doubt Canadia gives out email addresses for internet too. That seems like a Canadia thing to do.

I aim to be pleasant, and I'm generally nice around people/strangers, but saying sweet and nice things makes me retch, even if I it's honest and I want to say it. But I don't need to be foul to wash that stuff out though.

Obviously be nice to people because be a good human. I guess it just depends on the sweet or nice thing. My mind immediately jumps to girls crying and hugging each other at a school graduation. That kind of stuff? The worst. Giving a compliment to a friend when an email asks you to? Eh, that's fine.

croten

It's why Liam is becoming my favorite. His open mindedness is nice until it becomes Aldnoah Zero. Also convinced he doesn't have an email to even register with neogaf now. He don't go to schools or work. He has nothing. I doubt Canadia gives out email addresses for internet too. That seems like a Canadia thing to do.

I'm pretty sure he has a Gaf account.

Zenfalcia

I don't have anymore though for you to drink ;-; No one ever wants to drink it, until now.
That's because it's poisonous
because it's actually just cthulu ink.

Obviously be nice to people because be a good human. I guess it just depends on the sweet or nice thing. My mind immediately jumps to girls crying and hugging each other at a school graduation. That kind of stuff? The worst. Giving a compliment to a friend when an email asks you to? Eh, that's fine.
I can't remember what he said about Aldnoah Zero... He's not that open minded imo. He also doesn't watch that much anime.

Being nice is hard. Anything courteous is easy, though.
I'm sure he does.

demidar

About half a notch above what happened on the podcast I'd say is my threshold.

Skrams

People have speculated this for years now. We may never know.
I can't remember what he said about Aldnoah Zero... He's not that open minded imo. He also doesn't watch that much anime.

Being nice is hard. Anything courteous is easy, though.
He's just brought it up a few times. I can only assume he likes it since he's done that.

He's open minded as hell compared to the rest of the group and he's still pretty open minded as a regular person. I can't think of many genres that he's outright said he hates. He usually always gives things a chance. Why else would people associate him with being a devils advocate? I'm not even talking about how much anime he does or doesn't watch.

I'd say that kind of stuff is so atypical to me that giving compliments like that is a special occasion. I'd usually not really have a notch limit or whatever due to it being a special occasion. If I'm seeing a family member I haven't seen in a while then I'm going to be a nicer person than I usually am. This might include going out of my comfort zone with compliments or the ilk.

So what are the odds that Dok got his ass kicked by a bouncer?

I need to go out and get snacks. I got sidetracked by Dok.

I'd hold my own in a fight. No I didn't take a picture.

I'm pretty sober, but that was kind of fun. I was called adorable and given a free lap dance so thats good I guess.

Zenfalcia

Shhhh..no...<.< -squirts ink in for color-
It's just like slurm!

I guess no one will get my really obscure and dark reference... oh well.
This includes receiving compliments?
He's just brought it up a few times. I can only assume he likes it since he's done that.

He's open minded as hell compared to the rest of the group and he's still pretty open minded as a regular person. I can't think of many genres that he's outright said he hates. He usually always gives things a chance. Why else would people associate him with being a devils advocate? I'm not even talking about how much anime he does or doesn't watch.
Maybe? It's a possibility.

Hmm.. That's true. There are some times where he was pretty set with his argument even if it seems wrong. The only thing i can say is the Konami thing about MGS5 not being on PS3.
I'd hold my own in a fight. No I didn't take a picture.

I'm pretty sober, but that was kind of fun. I was called adorable and given a free lap dance so thats good I guess.
How much money did you spend?

After the free lap dance, I recall pulling out 120 dollars, so it was bad, but it could've been like the time a friend of mine bought an entire strip bar shots and lap dance and paid 800 dollars before he left.

It's just like slurm!

This includes receiving compliments?

Hmm.. That's true. There are some times where he was pretty set with his argument even if it seems wrong. The only thing i can say is the Konami thing about MGS5 not being on PS3.

How much money did you spend?
It's highly addictive!

Sorry I didn't =/

Xiraiya

Liam's devil's advocate reputation is because he enjoys taking the opposite side of the person he's talking to even if he actually agrees and likes the same things they do, he was much worse about it in the past but I think maybe he let go of that routine a little bit, I haven't heard Podcasts in ages and the last time I did listen to a recent one, he wasn't really doing it anymore so he may have gotten better, or I got lucky.

Good morning BestGAF.

Skrams

His open mindedness can also be him being soft on things even if they're not good. Like Aldnoah Zero.

I slightly forgive him for that since he admitted that he was just staring at shit too close and the preorders supposedly weren't up for those versions at the time he looked.

I'm usually fine with most of his other devils advocateness because it's just him offering the other view point usually when it's a reasonable other view point. I prefer it rather than a complete echo chamber.

Also posting this Boku no Eruption vid in case it hasn't been posted before. They responded to the Drake of the 99 Dragons challenge.

Also prepare your butts for
Mindjack.

Zenfalcia

It's highly addictive!

Sorry I didn't =/
Can't stop drinking!

it's for the best.
Liam's devil's advocate reputation is because he enjoys taking the opposite side of the person he's talking to even if he actually agrees and likes the same things they do, he was much worse about it in the past but I think maybe he let go of that routine a little bit, I haven't heard Podcasts in ages and the last time I did listen to a recent one, he wasn't really doing it anymore so he may have gotten better, or I got lucky.

Good morning BestGAF.
It's not always a bad thing and can help with discussion... Maybe it's both.

Hi.

Numb

Golden age reached platinum status thanks to mecha week and now bloodborne is coming. When will the hype end and how hard will they fall?

Xiraiya

It's just like slurm!

Slurm? I'm pretty sure people watched Futurama enough to know about it, if they didn't then well they're idiots, it's the American Dad to Matt Groenings Family Guy.

Better than the original.

ultimax

After the free lap dance, I recall pulling out 120 dollars, so it was bad, but it could've been like the time a friend of mine bought an entire strip bar shots and lap dance and paid 800 dollars before he left.

Sounds like a good time.

I hope you actually didnt take pictures >.>

Zenfalcia

Slurm? I'm pretty sure people watched Futurama enough to know about it, if they didn't then well they're idiots, it's the American Dad to Matt Groenings Family Guy.

Better than the original.
Nah, my previous somewhat obscure references about cults and kool-aid.
It's 2 AM why can I not sleep?
Because who needs sleep?
Err, maybe?
Duly noted. ;)
mmm.. Bad, but not too bad..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom