• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

I always go with what immediately sounds the most natural. Like P4, I really dislike the dub, it's garbage, Kanji's the only really good voice in English, so I would MUCH, MUCH rather play with subtitles.
I'll do the same thing for Final Fantasy XIII when I finally give it a proper shot, Lightning immediately sounded better and more like a person who wasn't dead inside in the opening.

I played The Witcher in polish since the English felt way over the top, that was a cool experience.

It depends on what is introduced to me first like the dub in DBZ i always prefer.
Other than that i go with the original language since it had more time usually and the lips synch which bothers me more than i thought if they don't.

Xiraiya

It depends on what is introduced to me first like the dub in DBZ i always prefer.
Other than that i go with the original language since it had more time usually and the lips synch which bothers me more than i thought if they don't.

Well the DBZ dub is(was) actually good, that's not just Nostalgia, the Japanese version isn't nearly as good, but Frieza is really cool in Japanese.
Funimation are actually really good most of the time, I watched the Filler FMA Anime in English originally and then later in Japanese and they are honestly pretty even.

I've never bothered to watch Brotherhood in English however.

SteveTR

But do you? Do you really know what i truly mean?
How the hell was that from just 10 parts?
There are a million other parts left.
Maybe the montage would be 2 hours long if they were included.

I was under the impression that the video came out when the LP was just starting.

Numb

Well the DBZ dub is(was) actually good, that's not just Nostalgia, the Japanese version isn't nearly as good, but Frieza is really cool in Japanese.
Funimation are actually really good most of the time, I watched the Filler FMA Anime in English originally and then later in Japanese and they are honestly pretty even.

I've never bothered to watch Brotherhood in English however.

I think DBZ might be one of the only dubs i watched in anime.
There are too many animes out there and they are not released outside of japan unless it gets really popular then gets dubbed later.
To be honest i prefer manga over anime. There are times i find a new good anime and then i just jump to the manga instead of waiting weekly.

Oberon

Banned
How so?

It's just like my japanese animes!

There're different factors. The general theme is quite different. I mean, I played Dark souls because I wanted to play this "cool knight game"
And the game kind of makes you play a sertain style, instead of letting you choose. I found it weird that you can't really choose a class at the beginning too. There seems to be generally less options on how to play. The fact that you can't put the gun on your right hand or the weapon on you left hand is bothering me too. And that was what I really liked about the souls games. The variety.

SteveTR

I found the guy's YouTube channel.

Man every time I watch this interview of me I am embarrassed of how I presented myself Because it was my first interview and just wanted to get it over with lol ....But to see a recording of a recording of a recording of me and the incident is a bit funny.....
and yes I am the guy who broke it up if you don't believe me My FB name is my real one Kairo Seijuro I have a few vids but I check it routinely.

Jman014

PtL87De.jpg
Localization someday

Zenfalcia

There're different factors. The general theme is quite different. I mean, I played Dark souls because I wanted to play this "cool knight game"
And the game kind of makes you play a sertain style, instead of letting you choose. I found it weird that you can't really choose a class at the beginning too. There seems to be generally less options on how to play. The fact that you can't put the gun on your right hand or the weapon on you left hand is bothering me too. And that was what I really liked about the souls games. The variety.
So you wanted double guns? You kinda get to choose... kinda.
Didn't you hear him? He's more dangerous without it. Gotta keep your limiters on
i... SURE OKAY.
I found the guy's YouTube channel.
Yes.. "get it over with"... as he flourishes his japanese katana sword with impeccable skill.
I thought he was going to say "folded over 1000 times" but no dice. Shame.
He did say folded steel or metal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom