• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jman014

I still like Reigns quite a bit. They just really fucked up trying to make me care about him here.

:(

Hey look how ripped AJ is
CBT9CVLUYAA-gmf.jpg

360pages

Well, SMTIV story problem isn't that it's light, it's that it's caught in this weird in between that feels unsatisfying from both angles. There isn't enough left out that I can fill things in myself. But things like character motivations feel less vague and more that they are thrown together.

How things escalate in the last Act of the game is hilariously stupid to the point I think it's funny and I couldn't take any of it seriously. Which might be the problem with the games blinding pace.

Well, SMTIV story problem isn't that it's light, it's that it's caught in this weird in between that feels unsatisfying from both angles. There isn't enough left out that I can fill things in myself. But things like character motivations feel less vague and more that they are thrown together.

How things escalate in the last Act of the game is hilariously stupid to the point I think it's finny and I couldn't take any of it seriously. Which might be the problem with the games blinding pace.

The only thing I disliked about SMT IV was the world map.

But things like character motivations feel less vague and more that they are thrown together.

How things escalate in the last Act of the game is hilariously stupid to the point I think it's funny and I couldn't take any of it seriously. Which might be the problem with the games blinding pace.
Play SMT1 and 2, it's a send up.

360pages

Play SMT1 and 2, it's a send up.

...I know I shouldn't be complaining about a sequel game like this. But I don't think it's fair to make something unsatisfying like that. I mean certain series like Persona and FF and EO aren't direct sequels and while there are a few nods most can standalone even if they aren't great.

SMTIV presents itself as somewhat standalonish with no real connection.

...I know I shouldn't be complaining about a sequel game like this. But I don't think it's fair to make something unsatisfying like that. I mean certain series like Persona and FF and EO aren't direct sequels and while there are a few nods most can standalone even if they aren't great.

SMTIV presents itself as somewhat standalonish with no real connection.
I don't love it much either, but it's really more of a love letter to those games than it's own thing. There is SO much packed in that game for fans it's ludicrous.
Ahegao dabess
1018.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom