• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

1082.gif

Ants

Zelda 1 is from a different era, where saving was novel and you had one game to play all year. "Bullshit" is not a word I would apply to it, but "aged" is. Kay figured it out just fine, and clearly has minimal video game experience, so I don't think it could be classified as unfair.

mrmyhthef

It could have had the best battle system in the series. Unfortunately it has some terrible balancing issues and very inconsistent AI programming to even consider it decent.

Also the stock system slows the pace of battles, especially the later ones, down to a glacial pace.

I like everything else about it (except for Shion and especially Kos-Mos's new designs and VA's).

You can even argue that the Rubedo/Albedo arc is the most interesting part of the overall story.

I definitely enjoyed anything do with the URTVs more than Shion's character arc. Not to say its bad or anything.

Gonna go to the sub-Reddit and talk about why Rei is the most garbage.

Also the stock system slows the pace of battles, especially the later ones, down to a glacial pace.

I definitely enjoyed anything do with the URTVs more than Shion's character arc. Not to say its bad or anything.

I agree 100%. I liked the Shion character arc, but the URTV was by far my favorite part of it. I really enjoyed the Ziggy story, even though it didn't have enough time to make it into anything but a phone game.

I forgot to mention this last week but I don't know if you guys remember Manny, the guy I talked about who's super weeb. The topic of Sword Art came up and I was like "Oh boy" so I started talking about how it could've been good but it shit itself and then went even further. He told me he stopped at the "second season" because it got it too dumb and I was like "Yeah remember when they started using guns" and he was like "What that never happened when?" So I'm like "I thought you watched S2" and he says "Yeah when they're fairies" so I'm just thinking "Ohhhhhh wow he tapped out at Arc 2. It was too dumb for him. He might actually fix his taste one day." So I proceeded to explain to him that was Arc 2 and not season 2.

Also did Me!Me!Me! ever show vaginas? He's adamant about how he saw a version of it with them on YouTube.

Zelda 1 is from a different era, where saving was novel and you had one game to play all year. "Bullshit" is not a word I would apply to it, but "aged" is. Kay figured it out just fine, and clearly has minimal video game experience, so I don't think it could be classified as unfair.

It's really not unfair. And yeah, Kay, with her tiny bit of experience managed to do great with the game.

It's aged rather poorly, but good game design is still good game design.

Squishy3

I forgot to mention this last week but I don't know if you guys remember Manny, the guy I talked about who's super weeb. The topic of Sword Art came up and I was like "Oh boy" so I started talking about how it could've been good but it shit itself and then went even further. He told me he stopped at the "second season" because it got it too dumb and I was like "Yeah remember when they started using guns" and he was like "What that never happened when?" So I'm like "I thought you watched S2" and he says "Yeah when they're fairies" so I'm just thinking "Ohhhhhh wow he tapped out at Arc 2. It was too dumb for him. He might actually fix his taste one day." So I proceeded to explain to him that was Arc 2 and not season 2.

Also did Me!Me!Me! ever show vaginas? He's adamant about how he saw a version of it with them on YouTube.
Not explicitly but there's a closeup of a piercing hanging from that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom