• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oberon

Banned
I like the front, but you know it's reversible, right?

They put the canon boxart on the back of the trash one

It's better, but it still feels like they reused the DS 2 box art
DARKS2_PS3_PFT_Front1.jpg

And why didn't get this still puzzles me

at least I got the black armor box art

Call me, bro
Set your network password to SBFGAF
I wish I could. I currently don't have internet of my own, and am using my neighbor's wifi. I going to move around my ps4 in a bit to see if I can get a good enough wifi signal for it. I'm not sure if it'll work, but i'm going to give it a shot.

Shackzam

I finally beat
Father G after my fourth time. I had to get used to the dodging and immediately attacking thing to dodge some off his follow ups.

Alfebit

Banned
Paying for online play is rubbish.
My brother has PS + on his account and we share the same console. Why am I not allowed to play online?
I dislike the ps4 more and more.

Preeeeetty sure you can both play online if he's got a PS+ sub. Is the PS4 set as primary on your account?

RainSD

Neo Member
I finally beat
Father G after my fourth time. I had to get used to the dodging and immediately attacking thing to dodge some off his follow ups.
I need help against that boss. I'm have a really difficult time after it changes forms.

sjay1994

The bottom one pisses me off, you can't even get half of the gear on the Boxart, where as the Japanese one is just Elite Knight, so it's cool.

A trope that has always bugged me is when the armor/gear on the boxart is among the final ones you unlock.

Paying for online play is rubbish.
My brother has PS + on his account and we share the same console. Why am I not allowed to play online?
I dislike the ps4 more and more.
It's not even a ps plus thing. I have ps plus. I don't have internet, tv, or home phone. Back in October, when my dad had his knee surgery, he was laying around watching tv all day. My mom got bitter, and figured why should she pay the bill when he's not working and watching most of it? She even had the money, but decided not to pay it. Of course, this was fucking stupid, and since the price was raised since we were late, we actually couldn't afford it anymore. I've been using my neighbor's wifi to use the internet on my Vita.

American video game advertising will never understand being subtle.

Subtlety doesn't really exist in American advertising.

I'm reminded of that VW Lemon ad campaign in stark contrast to the whole TV/Radio bombardment of used car lots salesmen. One is self depreciating. The other is brusque and unappealing.

My copy of 999 arrived today. Yay.

Also a quick N3DS question. Can I use a microSD card in my current 3DS (using an adapter) and then when I do a transfer can I just put the microSD card in?

Also also, I only played the demo for Toukiden and I didn't really like it. They didn't sell me on hunting because they gave me nothing big to hunt. And when I did the combat felt weak and hollow and didn't feel like as good as MH. MH feels like proper impact.

When was the last time you have been sold on the box art before hearing about the game?

That was a very big thing in the 8 bit/16 bit era.

joe2187

Banned
Alright this game is inside my anus.

Bloodborne:
There are big dudes who carry sacks over their shoulders...get killed by one and they will drag you to a dungeon filled with eldritch horrors and the sickest sinister music. it's unsettling as fuck.

When was the last time you have been sold on the box art before hearing about the game?

That was a very big thing in the 8 bit/16 bit era.
Dark Souls in a redbox machine ("looks ok, I'll try it") when it came out and I was a dumb babby. And Deus Ex: Human Revolution around that same time.

Shackzam

I need help against that boss. I'm have a really difficult time after it changes forms.
You get knock down and he just pounces. Don't quick get up because he's going to catch it. Just let your character get up in a regular fashion because you have more invisibility frames when getting up regularly.

Xiraiya

A trope that has always bugged me is when the armor/gear on the boxart is among the final ones you unlock.
Well I don't know, Skyrim for example, the armor Dragonborn wears is just basic Iron and stuff, it looks cool but the armor is pretty much garbage stat wise (Even though Armor in Elder Scrolls works in the way I love in which everything is perfectly feasible).
You get Elite Knight appropriately early but not too soon in Dark Souls which is cool, the set in DS2 is like under Drangleic Castle, that feels WAY too late to be getting that set considering it's a regular Titanite set.

Alright this game is inside my anus.

Bloodborne:
There are big dudes who carry sacks over their shoulders...get killed by one and they will drag you to a dungeon filled with eldritch horrors and the sickest sinister music. it's unsettling as fuck.
Bloodborne:
Yeah, that creeped me the math out.

So, the Forbidden Woods went from men and dogs, to Snakes, to Cthulhu men, and this is creeping me the fuck out.

Well I don't know, Skyrim for example, the armor Dragonborn wears is just basic Iron and stuff, it looks cool but the armor is pretty much garbage stat wise (Even though Armor in Elder Scrolls works in the way I love in which everything is perfectly feasible).
You get Elite Knight appropriately early but not too soon in Dark Souls which is cool, the set in DS2 is like under Drangleic Castle, that feels WAY too late to be getting that set considering it's a regular Titanite set.

The Alva set should have been the promoted set. Shit is pimping, and feels like an evolution of the Elite Knight set.

sjay1994

I think the one that annoyed me the most was Dead Space 2, because the advanced armor was used in all the promo material and the demos.

And it was the last one you unlock.

I prefer the lame/ early tier armors on the boxart opposed to the final one. I prefer discovering the final piece of gear myself, rather than it being the one featured in all the promo material, but thats just me.

Xiraiya

The Alva set should have been the promoted set. Shit is pimping, and feels like an evolution of the Elite Knight set.

No, I don't really think it's good enough to be the Box art armor it just looks like Havel's armor bred with Elite Knight armor, it just doesn't fit the feel of the Souls title character enough.
Faraam set was actually one of the best choices they could have made, it has a lot in common with the Elite Knight set and really does feel like an evolution into a newer version of it in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom