• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno which box art is my favorite.
180965-persona3j.jpg

But persona 3 is really great.

FES has a better boxart imo.

I'm trying to think of my favourite boxart...

sjay1994

Most of you guys are posting western boxarts of japanese games.

I am going to be the one who posts japanese boxart of western games

1171156-uncharted2japanese.jpg

I just want to run this by you all. I'm not crazy for thinking it's fucking stupid that my mom didn't pay the cable bill because she was butthurt my dad was injured and not working, with him watching a lot of tv, which cost us tv, internet, and home phone since October, right? I don't think I am, but I just wanted to run it by you. The worst part is that we could have paid it, but my mother refused to spite my dad. Now that it's been so long, the price has gone up, and now we can't afford it. At least my neighbor doesn't lock his wifi, so I can browse the internet if I sit in a specific spot. It's also a good thing that I can get some pocket money by helping some friends do some odd jobs while I look for an actual job, so I can still afford my hobby.

Numb

Alright this game is inside my anus.

Bloodborne:
There are big dudes who carry sacks over their shoulders...get killed by one and they will drag you to a dungeon filled with eldritch horrors and the sickest sinister music. it's unsettling as fuck.

After only playing multiplayer games like fighting games and mostly Mario kart and Monster hunter with the sound off for the past year while listening to podcasts and music, finally listening to game audio of such a scary game is really really unsettling. especially with headphones. I am freaking out over nothing all the time.

Oberon

Banned

Sounds rough. Remember when I had to steal wifi, I haf to stand really close to the window for that.

When was the last time you have been sold on the box art before hearing about the game?

That was a very big thing in the 8 bit/16 bit era.

insert megaman boxart

This has nothing to do with anything. But mixing up someone name must be one of the most embarrassing things.Especially when you greet them that way, and they keep teasing you about it afterwards.

It should be mandatory that Yoji Shinkawa do the cover art for every game ever. Imagine Dante and Vergil clashing on the cover for DMC3 now imagine that in Yoji Shinkawa's artstyle. I wouldn't even need to know what the game is about to buy the fuck out of it.

Sounds rough. Remember when I had to steal wifi, I haf to stand really close to the window for that.

insert megaman boxart

This has nothing to do with anything. But mixing up someone name must be one of the most embarrassing things.Especially when you greet them that way, and they keep teasing you about it afterwards.
Yeah, there's 2 spots that kinda work. The window and the bathroom. They're both unreliable, but it's better than nothing. And yes, mixing up someone's name must be really embarrassing. It's a good thing I never call anyone by their names. There are some people who I get along with where I have forgotten their name, so if I called people by their names, it would be really embarrassing.

beinfilms

Speaking of Yoji Boxart, I only just realized my GZ has a reverse cover on it that looks awesome.

It's pretty great. The only reason I don't have mine flipped that way is that I imported the Japanese version specifically because I preferred that version of the cover (and didn't know that that would be there.)

I really like that MGS PS1 NA box. I really like minimalist box design.

Something about clean and simple lines and design are really appealing to me.

sjay1994

Speaking of Yoji Boxart, I only just realized my GZ has a reverse cover on it that looks awesome.

I always want to use flip covers, but the fact they don't have the console banner on the top, or some description on the back makes it feel weird to me.

RainSD

Neo Member
I wonder if we will get another Let's Plague series where he tries to invade Woolie and Pat on in Bloodborne.

Oberon

Banned
Yeah, there's 2 spots that kinda work. The window and the bathroom. They're both unreliable, but it's better than nothing. And yes, mixing up someone's name must be really embarrassing. It's a good thing I never call anyone by their names. There are some people who I get along with where I have forgotten their name, so if I called people by their names, it would be really embarrassing.

Right, I have tried doing that. Until a girl made the remark "You know, I do have a name too".
So yeah, you can't make everyone happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom