• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ants

I guess I won't pick up P4G when I get a Vita.

Don't listen to these chumps, P4G is the shit. Plus it adds a whole bunch of extra content in two new social links, an extra dungeon, post-main game story events, a fast forward button for when you wipe against bosses.

P4G is the definitive edition of the game.

RainSD

Neo Member
I think its fitting that the game grumps haven't finished a thread. Its like how they sometimes don't finish LP's.
giphy.gif

Everything gameplay wise about P4G seems fine, but if you've never played Vanilla, I'd imagine the character flanderization is either unnoticeable or may affect your opinions of some characters.

I want a platinum game on PS4.

I would actually buy a bayo 1/vanquish remaster.

It sucks. I bought Revengence for like $10 but then my Xbox 360 died. Of course I didn't replace it and got a PS4 instead. I need something to fill in the Platnium void.

P.S. It sucks that Scalebound is Xbone exclusive.

Ants

The difference between Game Grumps and the SBF can be seen more clearly in the Shovel Knight videos than anywhere else. Where the SBF make an effort to explore the game's mechanics and generate legitimate hype about the game's release, GG merely says "hey go buy this game this game is so good guys" and actually dissuade people from giving SK a shot in that video.

Xiraiya

The difference between Game Grumps and the SBF can be seen more clearly in the Shovel Knight videos than anywhere else. Where the SBF make an effort to explore the game's mechanics and generate legitimate hype about the game's release, GG merely says "hey go buy this game this game is so good guys" and actually dissuade people from giving SK a shot in that video.

For me the difference comes in somewhere during the fact I don't give a single shit about Gamegrumps but I care about the Super Best Friends.

That tells me everything I need to know.

RainSD

Neo Member
Everything gameplay wise about P4G seems fine, but if you've never played Vanilla, I'd imagine the character flanderization is either unnoticeable or may affect your opinions of some characters.
They obviously wanted P4G to be looked at as the definitive version of Persona 4 which I don't blame them.

Xiraiya

Me too. All these nerds talking about how great it was like it was the best game ever made then once I pick it up they all switch to P4 sucks mode. Bunch of flip floppers.

P4's fine, ignore the idiots that are easily swayed into changing their opinion on a weekly basis for no real reason, a thing will either interest you or it won't.

Even though I don't care for Marie, if I play P4, It'll be P4G because that's the latest version of that game and has more stuff in it.

From what I have heard about Bloodborne the only way to have made the game better is if it were on PC so framerate issues and loading times would have been better.

I am still getting a PS4 sometime down the line.

Bloodborne spoilers
So I decided to go to the beast before going back to the other boss and I beat it in one try, thankfully. However, the camera was fucking atrocious. That was one of the worst cases of that shit I've ever seen. They put you on a tight bridge with a giant, feathered creature who keeps doing sweeps and I have to be super close to damage him. The camera just constantly shit itself and I could not always see what the hell was going on. I really hope they give you bigger arenas when fighting giant monsters.

Yeah I had the same issues as well. It was pretty bad.

BB 3 or 4/early boss
Yeah, the Blood Starved Beast is a bitch, as I suspected. I coated my Pilebunker with fire and went in and killed him in 40 seconds

RainSD

Neo Member
From what I have heard about Bloodborne the only way to have made the game better is if it were on PC so framerate issues and loading times would have been better.

I am still getting a PS4 sometime down the line.
They said they are taking a look at the loading screen issues.

Fuck,
Vicar Amelia
is causing me problems. I get so close to winning, and then I get caught and get fucked. I wish I could call in support. I'm getting closer, so maybe i'll win in the next couple tries.

Ants

For me the difference comes in somewhere during the fact I don't give a single shit about Gamegrumps but I care about the Super Best Friends.

That tells me everything I need to know.

That's for sure. I actually used to really like GG and find them entertaining, but it became less and less appealing as time went on. If I can pinpoint an exact moment where I started to change my mind, it's probably right here. Arin just shits on one of JonTron's fans in a completely sincere way. There's no humor to it. Sometimes SBF will do something like that as a joke, like if a fan shit talks them they'll be like "fuck you guy". I've been on the receiving end of it twice and it was done in humor both times. That sort of thing just gets more and more intense as time goes on in GG.

I can't really continue this point without being really mean about it but suffice to say Arin is really rude in an unfunny way and only becomes moreso as time goes on, not just to the fans but to his coworkers, and that sort of thing grew to the point where it made GG unenjoyable for me. Which is a shame because without that element I actually thought Arin was pretty funny, and Dan/Jon/Ross/Barry even moreso.

beinfilms

Ok, I'm just going to ask, is there anything to actually do on the beach, or do I just look at Junpei being an asshole to Fuuka and Yukari, and leave?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom