• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RainSD

Neo Member
I just understood no game could live up to that.
Borrowed the game from library then returned it the next day.
BRINK_(game_box_art).jpg

Right, I have tried doing that. Until a girl made the remark "You know, I do have a name too".
So yeah, you can't make everyone happy.
No you can't. Luckily for me, no one has been bothered enough to call me out on it yet. I've even tried calling people by their names when I know for sure, but I just made it sound awkward, so I went back to not calling people by their names. It's worked out better for me.

BB Boss 3 or 4 spoiler
After seeing all these Father Mozgus looking motherfuckers in the build up to this boss, the design of Vicar Amelia is pretty disappointing

PREY SLAUGHTERED
Got Skeleton Lords vibes with this one. Wasn't hard, tho. Threaded Cane now packing a real punch.
BB Boss 3 or 4 spoiler
After seeing all these Father Mozgus looking motherfuckers in the build up to this boss, the design of Vicar Amelia is pretty disappointing
Don't worry.

I'm still curious about the second Bloodborne boss
Did you guys have more difficulty with the father's regular or werewolf form. I for some reason had way more issues with the former version.

I had more issues with the werewolf form. It was super easy to counter him with the pistol.
Did you beat it? What was your strategy? I've been stuck on that one for a while.
not yet, when I get him I'll try to offer advice if you still need it.
Don't worry.

I'm looking forward to seeing more Berserk.

I'm still curious about the second Bloodborne boss
Did you guys have more difficulty with the father's regular or werewolf form. I for some reason had way more issues with the former version.

Human. The werewolf form hit a bunch harder, but the human version was spot on with the blunderbuss.

OH I REMEMBER A GAME I WAS SOLD ON JUST BECAUSE OF BOXART. STRANGE JOURNEY.
I knew nothing of MegaTens at the time. I saw the boxart and went "that's a cool space looking guy, I want this" but then I didn't because I didn't have any money. But during the horrible blight of SMTIV EU I finally played it. It was pretty good. Better than SMTIV for sure.

Easy to counter his human form? Am I doing something wrong then? I could not counter him ever. He either just ate the bullet and merely flinched or just continued his attack animation.
I feel like I'm doing something wrong when it comes to that mechanic.
The timing is super narrow.

360pages

Strange Journey >>>SMTIV

Oddly enough Strange Journey was supposed to be SMTIV, but the game themes and narrative was to different from the others so they made it a side game. Which is a shame, because SMTIV setting was only okay for me.

Did you beat it? What was your strategy? I've been stuck on that one for a while.

Easy to counter his human form? Am I doing something wrong then? I could not counter him ever. He either just ate the bullet and merely flinched or just continued his attack animation.

the one form where he dragged his blade across the ground and you can see the sparks always allowed for me to counter him. His roll thing I could counter as well.
I don' think I'm doing it right either, he was the one one I could use it on effectively

During the charge, before the swing starts. Doesn't work on every move. I usually got him when he was scraping his axe along the ground before the uppercut

So it's not "shoot it just before the attack hits you" I thought it was like riposte where you had to do it just before the attack landed.

I can't really test it again as I already killed it, but I'll keep that in mind.

Yes, it is on the wind up for most moves. I should have specified

PoE looks really good from the GB quick look. Always have been interested in those infinity engine games but couldn't stand the thought of learning D & D mechanics through a manual just to play it, but PoE is more traditional based combat. Might have to give it a try even if I don't like playing games on my laptop.

I honestly didn't know what to expect from Dead Island but it sure as hell was not a dull RPGish FPS zombie sim game.

What has mainly sold me on video games the most is word of mouth.

I've never understood all of the Brink hate. It's not amazing, certainly, but it isn't a bad game. I enjoyed my time with it.

The problem was that it wasn't amazing and IIRC the trailers made it look amazing.

RainSD

Neo Member
Damn, I forgot who wanted a reb brooch in Bloodborne. The way "side quests " work in this game is pretty cool.

360pages

For those who have X/Y or the Gen 3 remakes. You really need to play with some pokemon in Pokémon Amie. Mew an Raichu Highfive you along with a lot of other. Victini does as well.

Deoxys just stares at you most of the time. And it's pretty interesting to see what pokemon like being petted where.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom