• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveTR

"Off-topic" is generally just non gaming related stuff, not just random musings. Threads in there are always still on-topic of the thread title despite not being related to games.

I saw a thread called BritGAF. Is that a thread for British people or about Britain?

Rean

So what if I asked if anyone wanted to play a game like Ultimax or something. Is that not allowed anymore either?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I saw a thread called BritGAF. Is that a thread for British people or about Britain?

It looks like it's for people living in Britain and want to potentially discuss deals/news specific to Britain and meet up.

I'm not saying that Off-Topic is the most organized. It's pretty much intentionally left that way. But generally speaking if the thread was created for the express purpose of discussing a topic, it stays on that topic, no matter how broad or asinine the topic is.

So what if I asked if anyone wanted to play a game like Ultimax or something. Is that not allowed anymore either?

Of course not. I think the intent of the warning is pretty clear. No more random posting just to fill up a page, and no more absurd tangents that are completely unrelated to the SBF. Asking to play a game is probably completely fine. I've seen it done in a lot of other community threads.

That said, since this thread is already on thin ice, I guess you might want to just avoid it altogether during the "probation" period.

Steam discussions.Chat or stop with the off topic chatter. Those are the two options.

There's also the IRC.

You wouldhave to join the chat and ask if someone played.
Im still waiting on Vita/Vita TV videos...

come on guys!

It's been too long since the last Creepy Anime Bullshit video.

joe2187

Banned
I'm becoming tempted to get one of those even though it would be a very dumb decision. I need help.

Vita TV has gone for like $40 with controller before. It's a very very cheap dumb decision.

Didn't they say they had problems with the cables or something? It seems like we're probably not going to get videos anytime soon, which is unfortunate.

I think the Vita TV has the same issue that the old PS3's had. Something about an HDCP issue that would cripple streaming/recording.

They are going in blind and it might take a long time then.
I would be ok with more than 30. 45 min to maybe an hour.

Longer episodes than 30 are bound to happen, unless they are trying to stay consistent with video times.

I can see things that can take a long time, like
Forbidden Woods
being it's own really long episode.

Skrams

Honestly, I feel a sense of hype for both their Revelaitons 2 and Bloodborne LP that I haven't felt in a while. More often than not, I had been using their vids as background sound lately, but I'm 100% paying attention and looking forward to their next vids on these two games.
My only issue with the R2 LP was that they appeared way too infrequently due to the rest of the things that had in store for us. Two Mechaweeks, MadWorld, Bond-A-Thon, Revelaitons 2 and Parasite Eve all happening on the same time might have been a bit too much.
I think this happens the most with really great games. That's why they have always fall back on things like RE or SH2 when they need to.
Had the same problem as well. I was hoping to get the videos week by week with the episode releases, but mechaweek made kind of squashed that idea. Hopefully we'll get that now that Mechaweek ended. Bloodborne is going to take up a daily segment for a while now though so ehhhhh.

I doubt anything can reach DS2 lvls but 30 seems too short.
We will see how long it takes later on.

Well 30 minutes of them throwing themselves against a boss might be better than 50 minutes of them throwing themselves against a boss.

But Pat was here last night and said not to worry about them getting stuck, so I'm sure its going fine.

Either way, still gonna have to tell Woolie to stop scrubbing it up if Pat doesn't do a good enough job for it.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I'm not watching RER2 anymore because I want to play the game myself. I'll watch Bloodborne since I'm surely not going to own a PS4 for several years because I'm poor as shit.

Anung

Un Rama
Bloodborne isn't a super long game to be doing that. Considering the DLC for DS2 as well, there's no way Bloodborne makes it longer than DS2.

For real. I've put 47 hours in and I'm a few areas into new game plus, level 103 and I done a lot of the content in my first run. This might be a long one but probably no where near DS2.

Zenfalcia

Well 30 minutes of them throwing themselves against a boss might be better than 50 minutes of them throwing themselves against a boss.

But Pat was here last night and said not to worry about them getting stuck, so I'm sure its going fine.

Either way, still gonna have to tell Woolie to stop scrubbing it up if Pat doesn't do a good enough job for it.
It could be edited down to 30 minutes.

Numb

I tripped into beating the game at around 16 hours for my first playthrough. But I missed a lot of things, because of my foolishness.

If they already recorded 13hrs and the game is as short as you say then there is nothing to worry about with how many parts they will make.

Honestly, I feel a sense of hype for both their Revelaitons 2 and Bloodborne LP that I haven't felt in a while. More often than not, I had been using their vids as background sound lately, but I'm 100% paying attention and looking forward to their next vids on these two games.
My only issue with the R2 LP was that they appeared way too infrequently due to the rest of the things that had in store for us. Two Mechaweeks, MadWorld, Bond-A-Thon, Revelaitons 2 and Parasite Eve all happening on the same time might have been a bit too much.

This is the moment where a 5th Zaibatsu member is introduced so that the guys don't burn themselves out trying to film footage and edit and do everything to placate a never ceasing fanbase.

In regards to the BB video:

I don't like the name Patsworth, and damn they didn't see the monocle in the option screen?

I never picked up on it but what's their schedule for video releases?

3 PM/9 PM EST

Skrams

I tripped into beating the game at around 16 hours for my first playthrough. But I missed a lot of things, because of my foolishness.
And I'm sitting close to 30 without feeling close at all due to some playing super slow, idling, grinding, and helluva exploring. I just really doubt they're the kind of guys to spend only 20 hours with the game. I expect adequate exploring, a lot of retalking to people, and a lot of reading item descriptions.

And I'm happy about BB too Mara. I just think getting more Rev 2 videos won't be any easier with BB being daily.

Numb

Yeah, always something to reel back the drifters.
The daily bloodborne news is actually fantastic for me, but I can completely understand others being bummed out if they're not interested or can't watch due to spoilers.

I was afraid of spoilers but at the rate that they are gong i am golden.
But is the game really only 16hrs?
I would have thought longer.

sjay1994

I was afraid of spoilers but at the rate that they are gong i am golden.
But is the game really only 16hrs?
I would have thought longer.

Its really up to your playstyle. I have but in more than 16, and I am not done.

Some people have beaten the game in 44 minutes, but they
used a duplication glitch, and only did mandatory boss fights.

If they already recorded 13hrs and the game is as short as you say then there is nothing to worry about with how many parts they will make.
It's not really that short, it's just that the game can technically be beaten at an early state.
And I'm sitting close to 30 without feeling close at all due to some playing super slow, idling, grinding, and helluva exploring. I just really doubt they're the kind of guys to spend only 20 hours with the game. I expect adequate exploring, a lot of retalking to people, and a lot of reading item descriptions.
Yeah, my current playthrough I'm revisiting pretty much area whenever something changes, and trying to find things that I miss.
16 hours after missing things? That's quite short for a From Soulsy game.
Not really. My first playthrough of DS1 was about 16 hours, and I only missed Ash Lake in that one.

Zenfalcia

At least its daily, maybe even more.

Mad world at best only has 1-2 episodes left.

Wait nope, they are probably going to start up Life is Strange and GoT again.
It'll be daily, like Pat said. I don't think they'd do more.

Sounds about right.

Maybe mystery box stuff and other series too.

sjay1994

It'll be daily, like Pat said. I don't think they'd do more.

Sounds about right.

Maybe mystery box stuff and other series too.

I completely forgot about mystery box. You know, this nice talking about SBFP more. Now I don't feel super awkward when we talk about something I have no idea about.

This is the moment where a 5th Zaibatsu member is introduced so that the guys don't burn themselves out trying to film footage and edit and do everything to placate a never ceasing fanbase.

In regards to the BB video:

I don't like the name Patsworth, and damn they didn't see the monocle in the option screen?
Who would it be tho? One of the legion of dork girls?

And yeah, it's kinda shit and so are they.

360pages

I hope they play another Mystery Box game soon actually. I might actually start the Mad World LP soon, but I'm not sure how well that type of game would work.

sjay1994

Found it

image.png

I guess that frees up the weekend for some side stuff like Mystery Box

Who would it be tho? One of the legion of dork girls?
And yeah, it's kinda shit and so are they.

Maximillion x SBF?

If they're committed to doing more than 1 LP subsequently, they will need someone who can cut,edit, and splice video the way the Grumps do. It's inevitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom