• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found it

image.png

I guess that frees up the weekend for some side stuff like Mystery Box

We already know Pat is a pathological liar so I don't trust that.

Have they finished their Bloodborne playthrough already then? Because if they're uploading an episode everyday then that means I can not worry about this lasting as long as their Dark Souls 2 playthrough.

I'm enjoying their Madworld playthrough, though it is being held back by them using an emulator but also at the same time not using the motion controls. Most of the mistakes in the run have been down to that. Also did they decrease their voices during the cutscenes? Because now they're being drowned out by the in game voices.

I need another Liam and Pat RPG run already. And Pat Stares At Things. I know Matt managed to carry an entire LP by himself (NMH playthrough was rather good), but I want some more solo Pat.
Yakuza 5 one off?

Also we're still allowed to ask people to play X game right? Sometimes I just want to play with you guys.
Though some UNIEL after I've done these essays next week would be nice.

croten

Have they finished their Bloodborne playthrough already then? Because if they're uploading an episode everyday then that means I can not worry about this lasting as long as their Dark Souls 2 playthrough.

I'm enjoying their Madworld playthrough, though it is being held back by them using an emulator but also at the same time not using the motion controls. Most of the mistakes in the run have been down to that. Also did they decrease their voices during the cutscenes? Because now they're being drowned out by the in game voices.

I need another Liam and Pat RPG run already. And Pat Stares At Things. I know Matt managed to carry an entire LP by himself (NMH playthrough was rather good), but I want some more solo Pat.
Yakuza 5 one off?

Also we're still allowed to ask people to play X game right? Sometimes I just want to play with you guys.
They've recorded 13 hours of the game but they haven't finished it.

sjay1994

Pat lies about a lot of things, like how he completed games, about other people, etc,etc.

But I don't think he is lying about the release schedule of videos.

Oh, that reminds me that I need to finish watching Part 1 of FF15:Duscae.

I should probably play that thing also. I feel like I was among the few who played type 0 first, even though I clearly bought that game for that demo. After 9 years, I wanted to see what that game was.

Found it

image.png

I guess that frees up the weekend for some side stuff like Mystery Box

Now if they added some Final Fantasy hair to Louis CK Pat.

I really need a Plaguecast. Maybe after he has finally built the wall.

They've recorded 13 hours of the game but they haven't finished it.

Nice to see they've made some good progress. I just want the LP done so I can continue to spoiler dodge.

Pat lies about a lot of things, like how he completed games, about other people, etc,etc.

But I don't think he is lying about the release schedule of videos.

Oh, that reminds me that I need to finish watching Part 1 of FF15:Duscae.

I should probably play that thing also. I feel like I was among the few who played type 0 first, even though I clearly bought that game for that demo. After 9 years, I wanted to see what that game was.

I know I was joking.

What was the original announcement for FF: Duscae? 9 years is a really fucking long time man.

2006 TGS I believe was the first announcement of it.

Yakuza 5 one off?

Pat Stares At FF XV,
kupo

Leave any game requests to PM I guess.

I don't know why this hasn't happened yet, or 2snacks or crankyconstruct.

I mean, Plauge has message Pat dozens of times on the podcast, unless it has something to do with his internet, or he is still building his fence. Farm internet is not great.
I remember then saying 2snacks is super busy all the time.

Zenfalcia

Yakuza 5 one off?

Nah, they're not done. although I believe they did quite a bit already.

for the games part... Maybe. I don't think they'll frown too much upon that. At least I hope not.

sjay1994

Considering they have 4 LP's usually going on at once, and now with bloodborne and them starting up GoT and Life Is Strange soon, and madworld is almost done.

What are they going to play next/do in the down time? Because Life is Strange and GoT are only going to last when the episode comes out, then it goes away into the best friends vault.

sjay1994

Versus is Duscae? wasnt versus like an online MMO?

final_fantasy_versus_xiii.jpg

Nope, 15 was versus. I believe it was called VS because it had more action game oriented gameplay opposed to other final fantasy's.

They then renamed it to 15.

Also the full game isn't going to be caleld FF15:Episode Duscae

Episode Duscae is just what Paul Marketing decided to call the demo

Considering they have 4 LP's usually going on at once, and now with bloodborne and them starting up GoT and Life Is Strange soon, and madworld is almost done.

What are they going to play next/do in the down time? Because Life is Strange and GoT are only going to last when the episode comes out, then it goes away into the best friends vault.

Really hope we're getting a Liam playthrough. Maybe Wooliam? I can't think of many Wooliam.
I missed Liam in Mechaweek so I hope he's getting some attention soon.

croten

When's the next episode tho

I think its about time for Liam week

sjay1994

Really hope we're getting a Liam playthrough. Maybe Wooliam? I can't think of many Wooliam.
I missed Liam in Mechaweek so I hope he's getting some attention soon.

I barely watched mechaweek, mostly because mechs aren't really my thing. Only ones I watched were for the games I played like ZOE, Custom Robo, and Titanfall, and the evangellion one ( I never played that EVA game, I just think EVA is fucking weird)

I kinda just skimmed through most of it.

sjay1994

13 was supposed to be a huge thing. Then that plan went to shit so stuff got renamed and versus became 15. That's why Liam said he's been waiting since he was 13 years old.

You know there is a problem because I can't tell this is a joke or an actual fact. Is liam 22?

Boy..I hate sunlight..it makes me dizzy and wanna vomit.

I almost vomited on this poor girl who asked me where the french fries were..

Quoting:

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To those who haven't been up to date on what has happened in the past day or so, we've been told by the mods and admins and even EviLore himself that our behavior is unacceptable.
We've been ignoring the rules of this forum for far too long and if we want to keep this super best friends related thread alive, we have to make some radical and quick changes around here.
If you don't want to get yourself and others banned and don't want this tread to get shut down immediately, read these general guidelines:

- Keep conversations SBF related and refrain from making posts with little to no content. So no more "good morning" posts or discussions about random subjects.
- It is true that the best friends don't just talk about games, but also about anime, movies, shows and even sleazy stuff in both their vids and podcasts. A good rule would be that you are allowed to talk about that stuff under two conditions: If the discussion starts to steer too far away from the best friends' comment on it, stop the discussion and find a different means of communication and DO NOT POST BORDERLINE NSFW STUFF.
- Speaking of NSFW, no more lewd anime images, no more waifu wars, no more discussions about asses and boobs, no more random conversations about hentai, no more anything like that.
- If you want to post something, but are not sure about whether it's a good idea, it's best to not take that risk. We're walking on extremely thin ice here.
- Visit the rest of GAF if you don't already. Don't just stick to this thread. If you have a gaming question, go to the OT for that game. If you have a question you can't get answered, try making a new thread. Basically, actually make use of the rest of GAF.
- Be responsible. You are not only responsible for yourself, but for the rest of the frienders as well. We either fix this now or we're done.

Evilore, the mods and the admins have been kind enough to not immediately shut the entire thread down and not immediately cut off the community of good friends we've built over the past year.
We all love the best friends and I'm sure we'd all like to keep talking about the fantastic content (usually ;D) they provide us and this is the main place to do so on GAF.
That being said, I'm sure many of us would like to talk about random stuff with each other as well. For those, right now there's the steam group and we're looking into other alternatives. Don't post that stuff here anymore.

It might be a good idea to quote this for the next page or two for those who haven't woken up or don't know about this yet. Don't quote this on the same page as that's unnecessary.
So yeah, for now, stay safe and let us hope the fanbase of the best friends grows and this place can actually become a place where people can come to talk about the best friends without getting scared away.

tl;dr or if you're Woolie and have trouble reading
Limit the talk to super best friends related conversations, no more lewd or random posts and use the rest of the forum for your questions and whatnot.

sjay1994

uuuugh, found more art when it was versus.

I really hope the game drops the L'cie stuff. I know the crystals are there, but the L'cie stuff in type 0 made that game irrelevant nonsense in terms of plot. Didn't help that I played it with the really bad english dub.

Also, Liam and Pat are super wrong, Tidus's voice actor isn't in type 0 or FF15

joe2187

Banned
final_fantasy_versus_xiii.jpg

Nope, 15 was versus. I believe it was called VS because it had more action game oriented gameplay opposed to other final fantasy's.

They then renamed it to 15.

Also the full game isn't going to be caleld FF15:Episode Duscae

Episode Duscae is just what Paul Marketing decided to call the demo

so....is FF14 the MMO?

Is there a reason they announced the game so damn early though?

I really hope the game drops the L'cie stuff. I know the crystals are there, but the L'cie stuff in type 0 made that game irrelevant nonsense in terms of plot. Didn't help that I played it with the really bad english dub.

Didn't I already tell you guys about this? The l'Cie in Type 0 have absolutely no connection to the ones in 13. It's like hating on a Black Mage in one game because it was in a previous game you didn't like. Pat doesn't seem to understand that either and it's super frustrating, but at least he's not totally dismissing the game because of it.

Also, Liam and Pat are super wrong, Tidus's voice actor isn't in type 0 or FF15

15 is in a completely separate universe from 13 and type-0. Unless type-0 gets a sequel you won't be hearing any of the l'cie stuff anymore.

And even then, the l'cies in type-0 are radically different from the ones in 13.

Oh, so wouldn't that be more like hunting?

It was quite dumb, though.

Liam week is hunting. He takes us back to a happy time of when he lived in a forest. Back before Versus XIII.

And that is why it is soooo goood <3

Yeah, more live action stuff would be nice. Those con videos are some of my favorite.

I love the con videos for all the dumb bullshit we get.

I still haven't listened to the podcast. I've been living my day. After I've finished this essay then I'll kick back and probably fall asleep like I always do on podcast day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom