• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjay1994

Didn't I already tell you guys about this? The l'Cie in Type 0 have absolutely no connection to the ones in 13. It's like hating on a Black Mage in one game because it was in a previous game you didn't like. Pat doesn't seem to understand that either and it's super frustrating, but at least he's not totally dismissing the game because of it.

I also told you I never played 13 or any of their related games. But the L'cie stuff in type 0 still made that game make no sense what so ever. That final chapter is just a huge exposition stuff that just flew over my head all the time.

FF15 does look like the most approachable FF story I've seen though.

-Kid is royalty.
-Coup de ta happens.
-Kid escapes with his friends.
-Goes on road trip

Archgan

Pat lies about a lot of things, like how he completed games, about other people, etc,etc.

But I don't think he is lying about the release schedule of videos.
Pat said in here that he was thinking about changing the BB releases to everyday instead if every weekday. Personally, I would prefer every weekday to leave the schedule more open for the other LP's.

Pat said in here that he was thinking about changing the BB releases to everyday instead if every weekday. Personally, I would prefer every weekday to leave the schedule more open for the other LP's.

I'm keen on the idea of BB being their endurance run, but every weekday seems to be a more fair way to release things.

Beloved

FF15 does look like the most approachable FF story I've seen though.

-Kid is royalty.
-Coup de ta happens.
-Kid escapes with his friends.
-Goes on road trip

I completely agree.

I was already hyped for XV but seeing Pat and Liam play it yesterday basically left me being like HNNNNG.

I completely agree.

I was already hyped for XV but seeing Pat and Liam play it yesterday basically left me being like HNNNNG.

Its a lot of fun to play and the story looks like its gonna be fun too. I'm glad Liam and Pat enjoyed it as much as they did. It seems a lot more laid back than typical FF and I appreciate the change of direction since I don't think FF has been like that since like 5 or parts of 9.
Obviously ignoring 10-2

sjay1994

I completely agree.

I really like JRPG's that are approachable in terms of their plot. Despite the amount of shit it gets here from certain people person, Persona 4 is really approachable.

Its like babies first SMT game, and I apprecaite that. It was a gateway kinda thing.

I've only played Type 0 and X when it comes to FF, and to me those plots were absolute nonsense.

I completely agree.

Seeing actually killed any hype i may have had. Totally being unfair, but I hate the character designs. Still, really want to see them play more.

I really like JRPG's that are approachable in terms of their plot. Despite the amount of shit it gets here from certain people person, Persona 4 is really approachable.

Its like babies first SMT game, and I apprecaite that. It was a gateway kinda thing.

I've only played Type 0 and X when it comes to FF, and to me those plots were absolute nonsense.

Oh yes, Japanese high school simulator is very approachable. You know what is approachable?! Digital Devil Saga. You don't need to finish your Japanese classes to play that.

Seeing actually killed any hype i may have had. Totally being unfair, but I hate the character designs. Still, really want to see them play more.

The character designs Aren't that bad. They fit the world that SE was building. These guys are people of prestige and nobility. They would dress werid and stick out like assholes.

Xiraiya

I'm really looking forward to how hype the Bloodborne LP is going to be with Woolie and Pat being blind, I was watching the GB quicklook last night while eating dinner.

Brad is 20 hours in and STILL didn't know half the stuff Pat immediately had information on.

The character designs Aren't that bad. They fit the world that SE was building. These guys are people of prestige and nobility. They would dress werid and stick out like assholes.
I know, I get it. I really do. But I still fuckin hate them. I'll still keep my eye on it, cause it's an ff game and I really want them to recapture the magic of the old games.

I mean, his sword moves are basically a stand.

I should really play that demo.... but bloodborne and exams, and MKX soon.

Its definitely worth it. Even if you didn't like Type-0, the XV demo was tons of fun.

I'm really looking forward to how hype the Bloodborne LP is going to be with Woolie and Pat being blind, I was watching the GB quicklook last night while eating dinner.

Brad is 20 hours in and STILL didn't know half the stuff Pat immediately had information on.

Poor Brad. At least he really enjoys the games. I also don't expect him to know as much as Pat considering Pat adores the souls games and looking up stuff about them.

sjay1994

Considering they are doing it blind, they are probably going to miss a few bosses,
also the true ending. I don't know what the ending is, but I know what I have to do for it.

Beloved

Its a lot of fun to play and the story looks like its gonna be fun too. I'm glad Liam and Pat enjoyed it as much as they did. It seems a lot more laid back than typical FF and I appreciate the change of direction since I don't think FF has been like that since like 5 or parts of 9.
Obviously ignoring 10-2

I think the idea that it'll be more laid back is actually a bit deceiving, I think that's a feeling they want the games atmosphere to give you, but I don't believe it's ACTUALLY going to play out that way. Which just makes me more interested in it.

That's unfortunate. The style is right up my alley, I love it.

sjay1994

Its definitely worth it. Even if you didn't like Type-0, the XV demo was tons of fun.

Poor Brad. At least he really enjoys the games. I also don't expect him to know as much as Pat considering Pat adores the souls games and looking up stuff about them.

I liked the combat and aesthetic of type 0. I hated the story and dub. I think my patience ran out at the girl with the "foul mouth" and didn't even fully commit to saying "fuck", but "frick" instead.

The FFXV redesigns certainly look more generic than the original designs. Note that generic doesn't mean bad.

The video resparked my hype though.

I think the idea that it'll be more laid back is actually a bit deceiving, I think that's a feeling they want the games atmosphere to give you, but I don't believe it's ACTUALLY going to play out that way. Which just makes me more interested in it.

That's unfortunate. The style is right up my alley, I love it.

Well we know there's gonna be more than one game in the FFXV saga. I wouldn't be surprised if the first game is just more laid back to get you to connect with the characters before becoming a lot more serious at times. Kind of like the Gintama effect.

Beloved

Considering they are doing it blind, they are probably going to miss a few bosses,
also the true ending. I don't know what the ending is, but I know what I have to do for it.

We'll see, they'll definitely miss some stuff but Pat also can't seem to resist reading BB related reviews/articles/etc.

Anung

Un Rama

Oh god yes, there are legit areas you can miss so I i'm interested to see how deep they go on their first try.

convo

And yet anything Pat and Brad will say while playing Bloodborne can be replaced by any COMP song and it will be more informative to me than both their commentaries combined.

I liked the combat and aesthetic of type 0. I hated the story and dub. I think my patience ran out at the girl with the "foul mouth" and didn't even fully commit to saying "fuck", but "frick" instead.

Its interesting to see how far Tabata has come since the days of Crisis Core. If he plays his cards right
HAH
then I think FF15 can be great.

If they do miss something, I will be super disappointed. I expect nothing less that a 100% speedrun from them.
Kidding if you couldn't tell.

Xiraiya

He played decently well. But as far as information goes about the game, he was goddamn useless, and he was with Rorie and someone else, Brad regarded them as "Seasoned Souls Players"

Brad: Do you know if Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2 had any real connections? I never saw any connections to those in this
Others: Dunno never paid attention

I'm just like, jesus christ, you know even when Pat's wrong sometimes, it's not NEARLY as frustrating as GB's consistent blatant disregard for games.

The FFXV redesigns certainly look more generic than the original designs. Note that generic doesn't mean bad.
The video resparked my hype though.
I fully expect there to be outfits and crap like that, the old really cool Noctis Outfit will probably be in there somewhere.

Zenfalcia

And yet anything Pat and Brad will say while playing Bloodborne can be replaced by any COMP song and it will be more informative to me than both their commentaries combined.
I dunno, I feel like Pat might be somewhat informative.. besides the fact that they're playing blind.

convo

If they do miss something, I will be super disappointed. I expect nothing less that a 100% speedrun from them.
Kidding if you couldn't tell.

I am still considering them a disappointment if they don't go for more than beating the last boss, make save backups and shit.

sjay1994

Its interesting to see how far Tabata has come since the days of Crisis Core. If he plays his cards right
HAH
then I think FF15 can be great.

Also, I am happy the english dub in FF15 is pretty good for the most part from what I have heard. Ignis has a voice like honey.

Xiraiya

Pat's not usually that bad, if he's wrong he'll eventually realize it if it's brought to his attention and be like "Well fuck me"

Brad on the otherhand "Whatever I guess... I'm too old to care about these silly kid games, only hardcore nerd pay that much attention"
An exaggeration, but basically the attitude they're prone to getting which seems contradictory to the line of work they're in.

But Pat is always wrong and Woolie is a liar.
It's fiiiiine.

Also, I am happy the english dub in FF15 is pretty good for the most part from what I have heard. Ignis has a voice like honey.

Play FF 12 then. I'm pretty sure it's the same VA as Balthier, one of the best FF characters ever.

I enjoyed their FFXV video. They seem to be genuinely enjoying it

sjay1994

He played decently well. But as far as information goes about the game, he was goddamn useless, and he was with Rorie and someone else, Brad regarded them as "Seasoned Souls Players"

Brad: Do you know if Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2 had any real connections? I never saw any connections to those in this
Others: Dunno never paid attention

I'm just like, jesus christ, you know even when Pat's wrong sometimes, it's not NEARLY as frustrating as GB's consistent blatant disregard for games.

This is the reason I never really went deep into giant bomb content. I never watched them when Pat claims "Jeff was a happy man, whose happiness slowly died over time", but most of them just came of as pessimistic, cynical and outright dismissive, whenever I gave their content a watch.

Xiraiya

How so?
I'm getting into Giant bomb slowly but it's rough starting from the beginning of the first arrow pointing down podcast.
It's definitely better back then, even though Jeff has some shitty things to say sometimes, there is still some genuine care about (older) video games there and I find him often hilarious in his dynamic with Ryan, the others are more prone to being completely goddamn useless and dismissive in every capacity.

Though Vinnie was the only one out of them to give Demon Souls a chance when it came out even if though he didn't understand it, he still managed to finish it.
He has some fucked up views on playing RPGs in the worst way possible but as a person he seems like the nicest guy you could meet.

convo

How so?
I'm getting into Giant bomb slowly but it's rough starting from the beginning of the first arrow pointing down podcast.

As in Brad is so bad, Pat's knowledge would be negated if they were put together. But most people joke that he sucks at video games in the GB community, so it's all fun and games until the quick look where Brad is in the drivers seat comes along and blows it all up. But those don't happen that often anymore. He got a great voice on the bombcast and generally an intelligent straight man among the lunatics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom