• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenfalcia

It's definitely better back then, even though Jeff has some shitty things to say sometimes, there is still some genuine care about (older) video games there and I find him often hilarious in his dynamic with Ryan, the others are more prone to being completely goddamn useless and dismissive in every capacity.

Though Vinnie was the only one out of them to give Demon Souls a chance when it came out even if though he didn't understand it, he still managed to finish it.
He has some fucked up views on playing RPGs in the worst way possible but as a person he seems like the nicest guy you could meet.
The Jeff and Ryan dynamic was nice on the podcast and one reason I keep listening to the podcast.

That's good that he gave it a try.
As in Brad is so bad, Pat's knowledge would be negated if they were put together. But most people joke that he sucks at video games in the GB community, so it's all fun and games until the quick look where Brad is in the drivers seat comes along and blows it all up. But those don't happen that often anymore. He got a great voice on the bombcast and generally an intelligent straight man among the lunatics.
Ah, that's what you mean. Brad does have a nice voice...

He played decently well. But as far as information goes about the game, he was goddamn useless, and he was with Rorie and someone else, Brad regarded them as "Seasoned Souls Players"

Brad: Do you know if Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2 had any real connections? I never saw any connections to those in this
Others: Dunno never paid attention

I'm just like, jesus christ, you know even when Pat's wrong sometimes, it's not NEARLY as frustrating as GB's consistent blatant disregard for games.

I fully expect there to be outfits and crap like that, the old really cool Noctis Outfit will probably be in there somewhere.

The other person was Jason, who's becoming a fan favorite for shutting down Dan's hatred of Monster Hunter and keeping Brad in check during his QL. People in the GB community want him on more podcasts/videos real bad because he seems to know more about obscure games, especially in the action genre.

Xiraiya

As in Brad is so bad.
Bloodborne is the first Brad quicklook I felt like he wasn't terrible honestly, he beat the chalice dungeon boss on the first try.
But all information he has about that game just doesn't make it into his brain.

The thing I like about Pat is he genuinely wants to learn the little details about the game he's playing, even if he interprets/remembers them incorrectly.
That's one of the few things I appreciate about Liam too actually.

croten

Talking about Giant Bomb is probably considered as off topic as anything else guys. They actually have their own thread that you might want to post in instead.

Xiraiya

Talking about Giant Bomb is probably considered as off topic as anything else guys. They actually have their own thread that you might want to post in instead.
We're discussing them in comparison to the best friends, Croten. Since Brad and Pat were/are both playing Bloodborne.

Don't be passive aggressive about the thread's change.

convo

Bloodborne is the first Brad quicklook I felt like he wasn't terrible honestly, he beat the chalice dungeon boss on the first try.
But all information he has about that game just doesn't make it into his brain.

The thing I like about Pat is he genuinely wants to learn the little details about the game he's playing, even if he interprets/remembers them incorrectly.
That's one of the few things I appreciate about Liam too actually.

Yeah they really tried in the FFXV video too i noticed. Brad can be convinced to absorb knowledge if Patrick Klepek is still the one he exchanges information with in BB. Patrick is a cool guy, he cares if he is wrong about stuff so he words it in a way that makes him welcoming to corrections .

I still haven't listened to the friendcast, how much is wrestling talk?

Xiraiya

I am wondering since Matt's playing, how is he going in Bloodborne?

I wonder if they'll do the watch word stuff to Co-op with him.

I am wondering since Matt's playing, how is he going in Bloodborne?
I wonder if they'll do the watch word stuff to Co-op with him.

Pat had both Liam and Matt invade him for the purposes of testing things out like Hunter v Hunter combat. I hope they do co-op chalice runs for videos

This is the reason I never really went deep into giant bomb content. I never watched them when Pat claims "Jeff was a happy man, whose happiness slowly died over time", but most of them just came of as pessimistic, cynical and outright dismissive, whenever I gave their content a watch.

Playing video games for a living probably breeds a certain level of cynicism into you.

Beloved

Pat had both Liam and Matt invade him for the purposes of testing things out like Hunter v Hunter combat. I hope they do co-op chalice runs for videos

I read that as Hunter x Hunter combat and was realllyyyy confused for a minute there.

Anyway I doubt Matt will make it enough of a priority to actually finish any time soon.

Zenfalcia

I read that as Hunter x Hunter combat and was realllyyyy confused for a minute there.

Anyway I doubt Matt will make it enough of a priority to actually finish any time soon.
I mean.. it could be called hunter x hunter..

Maybe he'll actually surprise everyone and finish the game.

Xiraiya

I wouldn't be surprised. Even if you don't think BB is a souls game, the fact is, is that if you don't like souls games for any reason other than them being too slow, you're not gonna like BB.
Saying it's not a souls game would just be wrong, it's not labeled souls but every inch of that goddamn game is Souls series.

Even the movement and animation stuff is straight out of Dark Souls, it looks like they used that engine again.
I'm kind of baffled at the fact Bloodborne has more accurate Dark Souls movement and feeling than Dark Souls 2.

Way to go B team.

At the rate at which the game moves, I hope that'll give us another GRAPES ARE RIPE moment.

We've already gotten that with the werewolve that scared the shit out of them. I can't wait to see what truly horrifying intro Plague comes up with.

Saying it's not a souls game would just be wrong, it's not labeled souls but every inch of that goddamn game is Souls series.

Even the movement and animation stuff is straight out of Dark Souls, it looks like they used that engine again.
I'm kind of baffled at the fact Bloodborne has more accurate Dark Souls movement and feeling than Dark Souls 2.

Way to go B team.

I agree with that. If two fans of souls wants to discuss if BB is a souls game or not, then that's fine. But it'd be straight up lying to tell someone who's only casually a fan or not a fan to say that BB isn't a souls game.

Xiraiya

I hope not. From what he shows on the video and podcasts, it's the game that pretty much describes his art aesthetic.

Bloodborne fused with Dark Souls 1 is my preferred aesthetic, Medieval grungy knights and stuff mixed with classy gothic victorian people.

That's why Arcanum is the best

Beloved

I mean.. it could be called hunter x hunter..

Maybe he'll actually surprise everyone and finish the game.

I know, that occurred to me after I posted. Haha

Welp I'm off to play Pillars of Eternity for awhile. I didn't have much in the way of expectations for it beyond being a decent RPG but I gotta say, I am REALLY digging everything about it so far. Made my character a Fire Godlike Cipher and it's entertaining as shit.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Catching up on the last 12 hours or so of posts...yeesh, you guys. I told you this would happen. And I mean, I don't want to come off like I'm gloating or anything, because I'm certainly guilty of being off-topic as well at times, but yeah, this was inevitable. And what I hate the most is seeing some people completely abandoning GAF because of this. GAF is a huge place with lots of great community threads and discussions. Surely people can branch out and find other places to post in addition to this thread? There's a TokuGAF community for Kamen Rider/Sentai, there's AnimeGAF, there's WrassleGAF. Get out and explore GAF! I mean really, sometimes I see certain members with over 15,000 posts and 99% of them are in here and I'm just like "Really?".

Let's have fun and talk about the Best Friends in here, but also keep in mind that there's plenty of places to talk about other things on GAF!

I keep having to say this, time and time again whenever people call this a Souls game, but it's fucking not. It's the same situation as the differences between the King's Field and Shadow Tower series. Sharing the same tech and engine quirks doesn't make it the same game when the changes in mechanics makes the experience fundamentally different.

Zenfalcia

I know, that occurred to me after I posted. Haha

Welp I'm off to play Pillars of Eternity for awhile. I didn't have much in the way of expectations for it beyond being a decent RPG but I gotta say, I am REALLY digging everything about it so far. Made my character a Fire Godlike Cipher and it's entertaining as shit.
At least it can't go on hiatus.

There's supposedly some major game breaking bugs, at least that's what Pat said.

It's not about the the quantity, it's about how different they look

There's definitely some fashion souls in BB, but the variety is smaller compared to DS2.

Inb4 its revealed
that plague is the monster.

Amelia
is actually just Plague's pet squirrel.

No, it needs to be even more disappointing. We need to see plague teleport all over the place and dc outta nowhere.

If he doesn't fall through the earth twice I'll be extremely disappointed.

Zenfalcia

Catching up on the last 12 hours or so of posts...yeesh, you guys. I told you this would happen. And I mean, I don't want to come off like I'm gloating or anything, because I'm certainly guilty of being off-topic as well at times, but yeah, this was inevitable. And what I hate the most is seeing some people completely abandoning GAF because of this. GAF is a huge place with lots of great community threads and discussions. Surely people can branch out and find other places to post in addition to this thread? There's a TokuGAF community for Kamen Rider/Sentai, there's AnimeGAF, there's WrassleGAF. Get out and explore GAF! I mean really, sometimes I see certain members with over 15,000 posts and 99% of them are in here and I'm just like "Really?".

Let's have fun and talk about the Best Friends in here, but also keep in mind that there's plenty of places to talk about other things on GAF!
You're totally gloating tho. /s. I also don't like people abandoning Gaf. H-hey, I go to other threads.. I just don't post and just lurk...
Pat talks in Hyperbole, I'll believe that there are some, but there are so many different ways scenarios can play out in POE that it really depends.
Some of them do seem major even if he is exaggerating.

croten

You're totally gloating tho. /s. I also don't like people abandoning Gaf. H-hey, I go to other threads.. I just don't post and just lurk...

Some of them do seem major even if he is exaggerating.

Yeah I've always been a lurker, this is the only place I really post and I had been lurking for a few weeks before I did. I just find it hard to commit to a community and this place just clicked for me so I find it sad that some people are going to get lost in the transition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom