• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

Man, just thinking about all the possible shit that could happen in this Bloodborne LP after that first episode continues to excite me.

I still can't believe they avoided the first death like that. Crazy motherfuckers.

I thought the death was required and killed myself.
I feel like a chump now.

SteveTR

I was a bit worried that the community would pretty much die. That's clearly not the case. I'm glad.

Hey, do you think shitposting about SBFP would fly?

I was a bit worried that the community would pretty much die. That's clearly not the case. I'm glad.

You're not allowed to shitpost the SBF. Besides, it'd be pointless to since Woolie can't read our shitposts anyway.

My biggest worry about this LP is the fact that they're switching off with every death means neither of them will get a good feel for the game.

Zenfalcia

Yeah I've always been a lurker, this is the only place I really post and I had been lurking for a few weeks before I did. I just find it hard to commit to a community and this place just clicked for me so I find it sad that some people are going to get lost in the transition.
It's not going to be fun. I'll try some other threads eventually.
Same here. This is the only place I feel like I know my shit enough to actually post.
There's nothing wrong with trying new places. What's the worst that could happen?

The truth is, we're already dead inside. You can't be more dead than skeleton man.

As long as it's on topic. There are always the jokes of Woolie not being able to read and stealing pies.
My biggest worry about this LP is the fact that they're switching off with every death means neither of them will get a good feel for the game.
That's one legitimate problem I think they will have.

Xiraiya

As long as it's not completely unrelated to them then it's fine, for example I don't think there's anything wrong with discussing stuff like Gurren since it's a thing for them and games they play and so on.

It's just no more personal nonsense and chatroom crap being completely irrelevant and unrelated to the best friends.

Oberon

Banned
There is quality i say, some really hard to get ones. A bit more effort is required to get the thing you want.

I guess I have to be more patient then.

There's definitely some fashion souls in BB, but the variety is smaller compared to DS2.

My main problem right now is that everyone os saying "game of year" or "best souls game", and I am 4 bosses in and can't see that yet. I hope this is a TTGL situation...

There's nothing wrong with trying new places. What's the worst that could happen?

That they ignore me.

Beloved

Yeah I've always been a lurker, this is the only place I really post and I had been lurking for a few weeks before I did. I just find it hard to commit to a community and this place just clicked for me so I find it sad that some people are going to get lost in the transition.

I post here 99% of the time but the main reason I've posted less and less the last few threads (to the point I barely had any posts in OT16) is because every time I came here it was just the same dumb bullshit being discussed and I came here for SBF. I really enjoy the community here but there is definitely a difference between when I started posting (in OT4) and how things had gotten.

I really don't understand people "leaving" when Off Topic exists for a reason and this is NOT an Off Topic thread. What was the point of being here in the first place if having to stay on topic is a deal breaker...

My main problem right now is that everyone os saying "game of year" or "best souls game", and I am 4 bosses in and can't see that yet. I hope this is a TTGL situation...

Anyone who's saying GOTY in March is insane, especially with so many games that still need to come out.

This would have definitely been my GOTY in 2014 though.

I'd wager they'll die multiple times on any one boss if this is as challenging as I've seen it made out to be. I wouldn't be too worried.

I post here 99% of the time but the main reason I've posted less and less the last few threads (to the point I barely had any posts in OT16) is because every time I came here it was just the same dumb bullshit being discussed and I came here for SBF. I really enjoy the community here but there is definitely a difference between when I started posting (in OT4) and how things had gotten.

I really don't understand people "leaving" when Off Topic exists for a reason and this is NOT an Off Topic thread. What was the point of being here in the first place if having to stay on topic is a deal breaker...

This is pretty much the exact same reason I stopped posting as well. Every time I would come in to check out what was going on, it was discussion about the same NSFW bullshit that I've seen every day and there would be 10+ pages of it. The people who are leaving before it were the ones who didn't use to post back when the topic was actually an interesting place to me.

That is actually a big worry of mine, but I'm confident everything will work itself out.

I mean I know they'll cut stuff out so we don't see all the run backs but it's definitely not an easy game and the style they're using to play might make it real real rough.

sjay1994

Catching up on the last 12 hours or so of posts...yeesh, you guys. I told you this would happen. And I mean, I don't want to come off like I'm gloating or anything, because I'm certainly guilty of being off-topic as well at times, but yeah, this was inevitable. And what I hate the most is seeing some people completely abandoning GAF because of this. GAF is a huge place with lots of great community threads and discussions. Surely people can branch out and find other places to post in addition to this thread? There's a TokuGAF community for Kamen Rider/Sentai, there's AnimeGAF, there's WrassleGAF. Get out and explore GAF! I mean really, sometimes I see certain members with over 15,000 posts and 99% of them are in here and I'm just like "Really?".

Let's have fun and talk about the Best Friends in here, but also keep in mind that there's plenty of places to talk about other things on GAF!

Ever since I've joined GAF, I've have noticeably gotten more and more depressed. This thread was the one place where that wasn't the case.

This was a core group, where a lot of us had similar interests in things, not to mention best friends cover a lot of stuff.

If we do end up getting shut down, I will probably rarely ever use GAF.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

Honestly I feel the same (to your first paragraph). I've barely posted in here for like the past 6 or 7 threads, especially compared to most everyone else. It just moves too fast and I just didn't care for what was being posted much of the time. But then, you can go back as far as like, OT6 or OT7 and see me saying exactly that. That we need to slow down/be more on-topic/ease off the NSFW stuff. I don't remember who initially suggested the IRC, me or PG, but I know I was pretty heavily involved in its creation either way, and I really did hope that would help things in here, but it never caught on for whatever reason. And every time I brought up how fast this thread went, people would always point at the Destiny thread and say "Well they're faster than us, so we're okay!", except that if you look at the Destiny thread at any given time, it's on-topic 95% of the time.

I dunno. I mean, I'm sure this will piss a few people off (if they haven't abandoned the thread/GAF in general yet), but I'm glad this happened. Shit was out of control.

Nordicus

Pat talks in Hyperbole, I'll believe that there are some, but there are so many different ways scenarios can play out in POE that it really depends.
Some of them do seem major even if he is exaggerating.
There are absolutely some major sneaky bugs in Pillars of Eternity, but most of them are avoidable once you know what triggers them.

The worst one I've had is the one where my race/class related passives disappear from character sheet if I double-click to equip. They still function however (in my case) after testing them out, and even if they didn't, one way of fixing it is dismissing and rehiring the party member that it's affected.

Zenfalcia

Thank you for reminding me that there's a skeleton inside each of us. I'm not going to sleep tonight.
Your skeleton will sleep for you.
Ever since I've joined GAF, I've have noticeably gotten more and more depressed. This thread was the one place where that wasn't the case.

This was a core group, where a lot of us had similar interests in things, not to mention best friends cover a lot of stuff.

Are you sure that wasn't due to video games you love being ruined by businessmen?

Nah, we'll be fine, probably.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

Dont worry its fine.

We've just been slapped in the face to steer us in the right direction.

The less you talk about it, the better. Move on. Branch out. Go to other community threads. The Best Friends are not going anywhere just yet.

Anyone who's saying GOTY in March is insane, especially with so many games that still need to come out.

This would have definitely been my GOTY in 2014 though.

X for GOTY 2015!

That, and the fact people were just gloating about video games I loved being ruined by business men.
2014 really ruined me man.

Stop taking everyone's opinions at face value. Remember that there are 20-somethings on GAF that do not know their ass from their elbow, present company included.

sjay1994

Your skeleton will sleep for you.

Are you sure that wasn't due to video games you love being ruined by businessmen?

Nah, we'll be fine, probably.

That, and the fact people were just gloating about video games I loved being ruined by business men.

2014 really ruined me man.

SteveTR

If you ever see me post about bones and stuff, be aware that my skeleton is probably posting independently of me.

While we're on the topic of GOTY, how long do you think it will take for Zaibatsu to make a best of 2014 list? I'm expecting them in a year or so.

If you ever see me post about bones and stuff, be aware that my skeleton is probably posting independently of me.

While we're on the topic of GOTY, how long do you think it will take for Zaibatsu to make a best of 2014 list? I'm expecting in a year or so.
They'll probly come out in 2025. Nice and on time.

But there is always phantom pain.

That's already my GOAT

X for GOTY 2015!

Xenoblade Chronicles X?

While we're on the topic of GOTY, how long do you think it will take for Zaibatsu to make a best of 2014 list? I'm expecting in a year or so.

1. Assassin's Creed Unity
10. Shadow of Mordor

Honorable Mentions: Bayonetta 2, Transistor.

There. Their list is done.

Zenfalcia

While we're on the topic of GOTY, how long do you think it will take for Zaibatsu to make a best of 2014 list? I'm expecting them in a year or so.
Oh no!

2016 earliest.

I think their gonna make it around the same time they make the their 2015 list. But with less time and effort put in to it.

SteveTR

I think their gonna make it around the same time they make the their 2015 list. But with less time and effort put in to it.

In the end, they will combine the best of 2014 and best of 2015 lists into one. That would be great.

It would be especially funny if they each only had one game from 2014 on their lists.

If they do another top ten list, I hope everyone's is of such a purposefully low level of quality to match with how late they will be.

Like Pat's, but with even less game footage.

Beloved

I am always just to lazy to edit new things into one comment.

That's god tier level of laziness, bro.

If they do another top ten list, I hope everyone's is of such a purposefully low level of quality to match with how late they will be.

Like Pat's, but with even less game footage.

Pat's was my favorite. Liam's was the laziest as far as the actual video went. His commentary was good though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom