• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, because honestly at this rate this LP will end up going for a good 4-5 months.
35ish hours means ~70 episodes, which, if they come out every day, is like 2 months or so.

And y'know, there's a conflict of interest. They paid per-views-per-video. It's why Game Grumps makes their videos 10 minutes.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I end up marathoning their stuff recently when I have time. How long were the Dark Souls 2 episodes? I don't think they were every day either, right?

35ish hours means ~70 episodes, which, if they come out every day, is like 2 months or so.

And y'know, there's a conflict of interest. They paid per-views-per-video. It's why Game Grumps makes their videos 10 minutes.

I think it's fine. I feel like if they've made them too long, people would complain about fatigue. I think quick and easy is the best way especially if it's going to be released everyday/weekday.

Sadly I don't think we're getting them on weekends. Hope I'm wrong.

I end up marathoning their stuff recently when I have time. How long were the Dark Souls 2 episodes? I don't think they were every day either, right?

DS2 changed constantly. Most were 30-35 minutes, but near the end they started being closer to 20 minutes and with them being the weekday night slot videos they were overtaken a lot by special things like FNF.

Yeah, because honestly at this rate this LP will end up going for a good 4-5 months.
I'm not even that concerned about the overall length it goes for, especially when they can still slot in other LPs. They had four ongoing at the start of the year, so this wouldn't be taking much away from anything.

But I just feel like I've burned through my crack for the day and am experiencing withdrawal. I need MORE!

Also, if Pat some how does not end up biting it in the next part, I'll be extra amazed. His beginner's luck has to run out fucking soon.

I see no issue with that whatsoever xD

Though I certainly wouldn't complain if the eps were more like...45 min each
That seems like it'd be a good balance. I don't know if everyone would be able to watch an hour long video every day. I mean, we all could. But we're weird.

Xiraiya

Goddamn Bloodborne LP, why are you so fun to watch, I need to will a PS4 into existence, I was hyped to play Bloodborne.
But hyped in a way where I can happily wait awhile before playing it, now I'm like "No I need this now."

Also I wonder how long until Pat and Woolie figure out that rad thing I've seen people do with the spear, they'll lose their shit.

That seems like it'd be a good balance. I don't know if everyone would be able to watch an hour long video every day. I mean, we all could. But we're weird.
Honestly we're all damn spoiled. If they wanted to maximize revenue they'd make episodes 10 minutes, as I understand how Youtube revenue works.

I'm purposely holding off on the BB videos because my friend bought it. He's never played any Souls series but knows how hard they are and says he hates those types of games. I'm planning to borrow it and let him use WatchDogs that I bought for $15
Ashamed face

Have FNF video been hype during mechaweek? I love the hour or so videos but I want to know if I should just have them on or actually get in to them.

unless i missed something, i dont think theyll miss the final boss
Pat doesnt come off as someone that would just let someone chop his head off

unless i missed something, i dont think theyll miss the final boss
Pat doesnt come off as someone that would just let someone chop his head off

That's not the true one. ;)

They have to go through some really roundabout shit to get the real one. Unless they look it up there's almost no chance they'll find it on a blind LP.

well id rather see the true one myself anyways, so it works out
once i get my asus back im dropping ENB's vids anyways and only watching theirs
dont mind a few spoilers but im not insane

They should do a "Revisted Arc" where they go through the game again, but only highlight parts they missed the first time through. I've found a number if new things in my NG+

They should do a "Revisted Arc" where they go through the game again, but only highlight parts they missed the first time through. I've found a number if new things in my NG+
I'd like that, but I don't doubt they'd rather workshop that stuff on their own. I'd rather just a BB spoilercast after they get in there after the playthrough ends.

Every time Pat shits on the Hunter x Hunter art style

tumblr_inline_n7pjj8FwZe1rgl9rw.gif

Squishy3

Every time Pat shits on the Hunter x Hunter art style

tumblr_inline_n7pjj8FwZe1rgl9rw.gif
He said it's the designs of the main characters that he can't make it past. Can you really blame him for that?

We should complain about them never fucking talking to the person inside the house the wailing is from. They even look at it directly multiple times AND NEITHER OF THEM NOTICE THE GODDAMN LANTERN IS LIT.

Numb

These short ass videos are dumb and need to be longer.
Atleast Pat is not making any stupid mistakes like before.

He said it's the designs of the main characters that he can't make it past. Can you really blame him for that?

Considering they watch Kill la Kill, yes. I can almost guarantee if that wasn't made by a specific group of people they would have never glanced at it. They're sso big on looking at something based on the creators but refuse to expand horizons majority of the time because something looks dumb. Hell, Liam even sort of went down that road in todays video where he said he never would have looked at Titan Souls if not for having hands on with it.

It's pretty terrible.

I actually liked the 15 episodes I watched though, not sure what made Woolie so mad.

Said it was too cliche.

GEE YOU THINK A SERIES MADE WHEN THESE CLICHE'S WERE GETTING BIG WAS TOO CLICHE?

It's pretty terrible.

I actually liked the 15 episodes I watched though, not sure what made Woolie so mad.

He said it felt too much like a 90's shonen. Regardless of the fact that it is a 90's shonen. I also think its the kind of scenario where when's something pushed so hard on you, you just go into it with a bad attitude.

Too bad they didn't do the hype stuff.

God I love that arc so much. Pitou. <3

They watch some pretty stupid shit but the fact they can't look past what the art looks like and dismiss something based on that is retarded.

Agreed. If they can enjoy something like KLK regardless of its art, then I don't see how they can't get through HxH

I'm glad I didn't buy a ps4 just for BB.

Something about the whole Victorian aesthetic just doesn't do it for me.

I thought watching footage of the game would've convinced me, but it's not really enticing me to bite.

Hopefully Pat and Woolie find something that makes the game really interesting to me.

I thought watching footage of the game would've convinced me, but it's not really enticing me to bite.

Hopefully Pat and Woolie find something that makes the game really interesting to me.

Its the best use of a Victorian setting I've ever seen in a video game, so if even BB doesn't do it for you, that entire setting just probably doesn't appeal in general.

Really? Well, it becomes morw interesting later on.

This is stll the greatest Victorian atmosphere ever captured in a game.

Yeah I totally agree with Pat and Liam where the victorian city section is only about 40 percent of the game. And even then, its a varied as a city can get without it getting too ludicrous, even though the game itself definitely has its souls-like areas.

Its the best use of a Victorian setting I've ever seen in a video game, so if even BB doesn't do it for you, that entire setting just probably doesn't appeal in general.

It really doesn't appeal to me then.

I like the new weapons so far though.

That cane whip is rad. So is the gun.

I'm curious to see how rough the bosses are.

I'll believe it, but meh to the setting.

It really doesn't appeal to me then.

I like the new weapons so far though.

That cane whip is rad. So is the gun.

I'm curious to see how rough the bosses are.

First couple are rough, but they've gradually been getting easier. At least for me. Saw some people in the OT struggling hard on bosses I've beaten on my first or second try. So who knows, Pat and Woolie might sweep the bosses or get their asses kicked. We won't know.

First couple are rough, but they've gradually been getting easier. At least for me. Saw some people in the OT struggling hard on bosses I've beaten on my first or second try. So who knows, Pat and Woolie might sweep the bosses or get their asses kicked. We won't know.
I starting playing again, and I beat the first ones first try that I had stuggled on before with a fresh character
before I could even level.

It's all player skill.

Zenfalcia

We should complain about them never fucking talking to the person inside the house the wailing is from. They even look at it directly multiple times AND NEITHER OF THEM NOTICE THE GODDAMN LANTERN IS LIT.
I KNOW RIGHT? IT WAS RIGHT BESIDE THEM. ALSO THEY JUST LEFT THE HOUSE EVEN THOUGH HE SAID "Oh, i hear voices above me". They also didn't exhaust all the dialogue from that one NPC
or even bothering to upgrade their weapon...

It won't be entertaining if they do well.

Ilvocare

Finally managed to finish catching up on almost all of the Best Friends content up to the second part of Duscae. I think unlike DaS2 where I refused to watch it since there was still a chance I could play it, I'm gonna be keeping my eye on the BB LP since it's been super entertaining.

Also FFXV is coming along nicely, by which I mean it's actually coming along. Small favors, man...

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
It's fine! There was super salt in DS2, and that was just parfeckt!

I'm not saying that it would necessarily make it a bad playthrough. But I'm also saying that them doing poorly doesn't always make a good LP. More often than not, the LP is worse for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom