• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're an EU friender, Demon's Souls is £3.99/€4.99 in the PSN easter sale.. It is still my favourite in the series.

crying about no ps4 again rip

Xiraiya

3SKpYs.png
Yep, that's better I think.

Nordicus

Oh man, Pillars of Eternity is releasing in like 24 hours, huh? Already got my GOG code.

That'll be my main game once I get bored of Xenoverse and bored of catching people off-guard with my Nappa. It's been fun, once made a 1900 BP player ragequit once because I beat his custom character with over half Nappa's health left. Almost wish I was playing on Xbox or something so I could hear people's reactions through their Kinect/microphone.

Jman014

Oh man, Pillars of Eternity is releasing in like 24 hours, huh? Already got my GOG code.

That'll be my main game once I get bored of Xenoverse and bored of catching people off-guard with my Nappa. It's been fun, once made a 1900 BP player ragequit once because I beat his custom character with over half Nappa's health left. Almost wish I was playing on Xbox or something so I could hear people's reactions through their Kinect/microphone.

I hear people like Felicia Day and Pat have it preloaded and are super hyped for it. I hope it's good.

Xiraiya

The art is indeed fantastic, though yeah, having that text be put above or beneath the game's title would be better. Regardless, it's fantastic and infinitely better than what we're getting.

So I make a joke box art thing... and somehow people REALLY like it for all of the reasons I wasn't going for.

Fair enough.

Yoooooo! I've already explained my internet situation. Earlier I decided to move around my ps4 to see if I can get a wifi signal, and I totally did! It's kinda shit and incredibly slow, but it's better than the nothing I had before. Before I can go online, it has to download a system update, which will be about 3 hours, so I won't be able to see how well games play online, but this is still great.

Nordicus

I hear people like Felicia Day and Pat have it preloaded and are super hyped for it. I hope it's good.
It's the smallest features that make me excited for it. The game has both a slowdown button for fights, and a fast-forward button for backtracking through areas, almost already meaning that it'll have better pacing than the infinity engine games

Man, i'm so lucky I found this wifi signal. I'm not sure how playing online will be, but i'll be able to play my digital games again. It's currently downloading an update at a few kilobytes a second, but still.

I can go into some fieldish area now and other things surrounding that. I should check out this chalice stuff too.
I did a chalice dungeon, level is obviously random but the first boss I fought was pretty rad. Wonder if he even shows up in the main game.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
GGs to Shakugansan. That connection hurt for sure. I could tell you were dropping stuff because of it. It was a lot of fun, though. I miss Marvel. We should get a small group going here sometime.

You might need a little bit of knowledge Gundam's Universal Century timeline to get some stuff in UNICORN but otherwise totally watch because it's really fucking good.

I know all about UC. I would know more if I knew where to find Soldiers of Sorrow and Encounters in Space dubbed, but whatever.

Alright, i'm taking an hour break from Bloodborne. I've been throwing myself at
Vicar Amelia
, and i'm doing worse each time. I'm just going to take a break and collect myself.

Skrams

I did a chalice dungeon, level is obviously random but the first boss I fought was pretty rad. Wonder if he even shows up in the main game.
I feel like I remember hearing chalice dungeon bosses are only for chalice dungeon stuff, but no idea. This guy with a mace near a well wrecked my shit two times becuase I keep being careless. I need to step it up.

I'm enjoying the game a lot and it's really telling the worst parts about the game are the most minuscule things. The only things I really dislike so far are being unable to reset the area without having to sit through a minute of loading screens and around every corner I can see a funny little graphical bug. So many cracks through walls that just look like a red void or some floating rocks. Only thing I'm worried about is that I won't find a weapon I love. Nothing has jumped out to me so far, so I've just stuck with my beginning weapon. It does really good damage with the
gems I got. 7.3% physical attack up is leagues better than anything else I've found.
I would have obviously done that if I hadn't accidentally posted the quote as a new post. It does not matter at that point, considering I can't remove the DP anyway.
Welp.

The show has a lot less annoying characters and moments than shows like Zeta and how could we forget Double Zeta that's for sure.

The main character angsts but it's not a bother because he angsts about shit that actually in happens in the series rather than some far off event in the past. The dude legitimately tries so hard in a situation that he doesn't fully understand and when it backfires, him angsting about it is understandable.

sjay1994

fuck me, I accidently selected the soundtrack of BB, and my ps4 crashed.

What a stupid fucking way of sony to give a soundtrack

I feel like I remember hearing chalice dungeon bosses are only for chalice dungeon stuff, but no idea. This guy with a mace near a well wrecked my shit two times becuase I keep being careless. I need to step it up.

I'm enjoying the game a lot and it's really telling the worst parts about the game are the most minuscule things. The only things I really dislike so far are being unable to reset the area without having to sit through a minute of loading screens and around every corner I can see a funny little graphical bug. So many cracks through walls that just look like a red void or some floating rocks. Only thing I'm worried about is that I won't find a weapon I love. Nothing has jumped out to me so far, so I've just stuck with my beginning weapon. It does really good damage with the
gems I got. 7.3% physical attack up is leagues better than anything else I've found.

Welp.
I've been running with the pimp cane, and I just now picked up the Saw and got it to +3. Gotdamn that moveset man. I actually like every weapon I've tried. I am trying to find a gun I like though.

GGs to Shakugansan. That connection hurt for sure. I could tell you were dropping stuff because of it. It was a lot of fun, though. I miss Marvel. We should get a small group going here sometime.

GGs to you too, I forgot how fun and hectic that game is. Connection wasn't great but I'm surprised I still remember some stuff. Bring Marvel back from the grave

I've been running with the pimp cane, and I just now picked up the Saw and got it to +3. Gotdamn that moveset man. I actually like every weapon I've tried. I am trying to find a gun I like though.

I'm still running pimp cane and Hunter's Pistol. The Pistol is fine for what it's used for, and there's nothing that surpassed the Cane's moveset.

Damage is fine with some Blood Gems.

I'm still running pimp cane and Hunter's Pistol. The Pistol is fine for what it's used for, and there's nothing that surpassed the Cane's moveset.
Pump cane is my primary, but Saw
is great for Werewolves and for getting out DPS on bosses until I crank my skill up some more. Wolves get stun locked from normal R1 spam and die in one stamina bar's worth.

My best gem is 2% damage so lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom