• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best Friends Play MadWorld (Part 11)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yETRsHzGjg

http://superbestfriendsplay.com/video/best-friends-play-madworld-part-11/

Not to sound harsh but does anyone actually care about this MadWorld LP?

Any time a part is put up I'm just disappointed since I have zero interest in it.

It's a better game to play than watch.

Did you think Eva 4.0 wasn't going to be?

I have no expectations right now. I think it'll be worse than zero.

Any time a part is put up I'm just disappointed since I have zero interest in it.
I don't know why, but I can't get into it. It's weird cause I love madworld. Guess I'd much rather play than watch i suppose.

The Madworld LP is the one I listen to in the background the most, since it's clear that Matt and Woolie are struggling to come up with material to talk about outside of the story.

Squishy3

I just wish they played it on Wii. Woolie struggling with the controls because they aren't using a Wiimote and Nunchuk is killing me.

Same, I just cant get into it. There have been a few I've had to skip on, Nuzlocke and Shaolin Monks being a couple.
Man, nuzlocke was awful. They were only just better than the grumps in that lp. Then again, you should never watch someone else play pokemon outside of competitive.

joe2187

Banned
I just wish they played it on Wii. Woolie struggling with the controls because they aren't using a Wiimote and Nunchuk is killing me.

Same, Im still enjoying it. But it's one of their weaker ones. A combination of salty/depressed woolie and the emulated controls kind of brought it down.

I'm interested in it, but dang the challenge they have with the controls sucks. I have to force myself to keep up, but I'm unsuccessful so far.

Laputa_94

I never started the Madworld LP because I was going to wait till I played the game myself, but these comparisons to the Nuzlocke and Shaolin Monks are making me think otherwise.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I got bored halfway through the first part of the Madworld LP. Yeah...kinda figured it wouldn't be the greatest thing.

EDIT: Looking at the Youtube view counts...yeesh, seems like nobody cares about the Madworld LP. It's doing really poorly compared to everything else. Even the 30 second podcast intro videos have more views.

Yeah I wish they would let Woolie be hyped about what's going on and let Matt play. The trouble with the controls also made me not miss the LP as well. :(

sjay1994

I look forward to it, mostly because I played it and am just watching it for woolies reactions to stuff.

I also remembered that the pre level in this spoils the final boss.

So next part is definitely the last part.

Archgan

MadWorld is the only other LP I've dropped beside Shaolin. I haven't watched the Game of Thrones one, but that is just because I don't care about the GoT at all.

sjay1994

MadWorld is the only other LP I've dropped beside Shaolin. I haven't watched the Game of Thrones one, but that is just because I don't care about the GoT at all.

I drop or ignored quite a bit of the LP's.

Nuzlocke (but I watched the finale stream, and bought the t shirt)
Shaolin Monks
Life is Strange (I can't deal with the in game dialogue)
Walking dead S2 (because I was super salty at their decisions)
Yakuza 4 (I barely watched part 1)

But I am watching madworld...

Next part is the hypest tho

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I drop or ignored quite a bit of the LP's.

Nuzlocke (but I watched the finale stream, and bought the t shirt)
Shaolin Monks
Life is Strange (I can't deal with the in game dialogue)
Walking dead S2 (because I was super salty at their decisions)
Yakuza 4 (I barely watched part 1)

But I am watching madworld...

Next part is the hypest tho

I loved the Life is Strange playthrough and it made me want to buy the game myself. And the Yakuza 4 LP is legit one of the best ones they've ever done.

sjay1994

I think it's up there. I'm interested if it'll keep up the momentum in a week or two.

Like, the thing is probably going to be more than 60 parts. I think we are all just really fucking thirsty at the moment for it.

Also on hype LP's I remember Last of Us and Beyond got momentum on the channel as well.

Yeah I kinda dropped the madworld LP it just wasn't doing it for me. I've also dropped the Monks LP but thats really the only one I haven't finished

sjay1994

Also, I think this says a lot about my watching habits, because I am more likely to watch LP's of games I have played, opposed to ones I have not.

I've actually never watched the TLOU LP because I just can't bring myself to give any fucks about that game. *shrug*

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Have you seen GAF? TLOU is gods gift to gaming.

Hyperbole aside, its still a great game. You should give the lp a look at least.

Like, the thing is probably going to be more than 60 parts. I think we are all just really fucking thirsty at the moment for it.

Also on hype LP's I remember Last of Us and Beyond got momentum on the channel as well.
Basically. Pat said it's going to daily next week.

I dunno. Silent Hill 2, D4, Prison Break, Walking Dead, Deadly Premonition all had some real hype.

I never liked the Beyond playthrough either lol

sjay1994

Basically. Pat said it's going to daily next week.

I dunno. Silent Hill 2, D4, Prison Break, Walking Dead, Deadly Premonition all had some real hype.

I never liked the Beyond playthrough either lol

Oddly enough, I was really on and off most of those LP's.

I got headaches from DP and Bug island and stopped watching those completely.

SH2 I was on and off, same with prison break. I think the most memorable thing I remember about the PB lp was going "wow, why does this games terrible stealth look better than Assassins Creed Unity's?"

D4 was fucking great. I bought that game on my cousins Xbone because of how hype that lp was.

I want episode 2.

Seems like everyone loves the weird dumb bullshit. Kinda makes me wonder why they don't do more of it.
It varies, see sjay, but I think playing bad games is something they and the audience could easily burn out on and it can easily degrade into "ughhh" if it's not goofy enough to stay interesting.

Generally Pat being upset at weird bullshit works well.

sjay1994

I think the most upset I was, was when Call of Cthulhu didn't get a continuation, because of its technical issues.

Of all the games from shitstorm 3, it looked the most interesting imo.

I think the only LPs I can't bring myself to finish are Deadly Premonition, because I hate that piece of shit with every fiber in my body and D4, because I can't even feign interestbin that title.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
It varies, see sjay, but I think playing bad games is something they could easily burn out on and it can easily degrade into "ughhh" if it's not goofy enough to stay interesting.

I'm not saying they need to do it all the time, just a little more often than they do now.

Seems like everyone loves the weird dumb bullshit. Kinda makes me wonder why they don't do more of it.

It's good to space it out honestly or it'd get kinda lame. That's my favorite moment when I see a new LP and I just think "What the fuck is this shit"

Which is why I love mystery box so much

sjay1994

It varies, see sjay, but I think playing bad games is something they and the audience could easily burn out on and it can easily degrade into "ughhh" if it's not goofy enough to stay interesting.

Yeah, weird bullshit on the channel is really hit or miss for me.

Stuff like Battle construction and D4 were hits for me, but DP and that rescue game I can't remember the name of threw me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom