• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenfalcia

Well, those statues are pretty moe, so it's fine.
The most moai.
OCanaDBPEt-2.png

They're making some damn good progress.
He mentioned in Steam chat he might move it to every day starting next week, but not this week.

It's a bit straightforward at the moment. I think they parts they're mostly going to get hung up on are
The Unseen Village if they get kidnapped
and
The Forbidden Woods.

sjay1994

Well, the weekends are going to be slow and painful.

I yell at the screen everytime.
Especially when they missed some easy items, like the blood shards on the beams above them.

I don't mind if they miss blood vials or shards.... but when they skip
critical lore, and an item that helps against the boss
I might be a bit salty

I just experienced my first yelling at the screen moment when they didn't talk to Gasgoines Daughter
I didn't. It's too sad.
It's a bit straightforward at the moment. I think they parts they're mostly going to get hung up on are
The Unseen Village if they get kidnapped
and
The Forbidden Woods.
They should be fine for the kidnapping, if it happens to them. The Forbidden Woods could take a week.

Zenfalcia

I don't mind if they miss blood vials or shards.... but when they skip
critical lore, and an item that helps against the boss
I might be a bit salty
I agree...
What does the music box do? Like do you play it for the father and he gets weaker? I was thinking about it, and wanted to find out what it did. god I want to play the game so badly..

Alfebit

Banned
I agree...
What does the music box do? Like do you play it for the father and he gets weaker? I was thinking about it, and wanted to find out what it did. god I want to play the game so badly..

It
stuns him for a few seconds so you can get a couple good hits in.

Bloody hell, they're making really good progress! When this first started I was ready for them to be lost half the time but now it's five episodes in and they're at the 2nd boss already!

Xiraiya

You woulda hated watching me play, they found way more than I did my first time through :p

How! How the hell do people not automatically scour every inch for items and secrets in games! Especially a goddamn souls game!

I do not understand this lack of a very important instinct!

How! How the hell do people not automatically scour every inch for items and secrets in games! Especially a goddamn souls game!

I do not understand this lack of a very important instinct!
I wanted to beat it once and then go back.

I'm already doing NG+ and a second playthrough dedicated to finding stuff.

sjay1994

That little girl they missed talking to is the most tragic event in BB, and no matter what you do you are a horrible person

1)
She asks you to find her mother, you can find her with her red brooch
2)
Her father Gasgoine killed her mother, and you then go and kill Gasgoine
3)
When you get the brooch you can keep the brooch, and use it as a gemstone, but you are stealing from the little girl, but if you give it to her you plunge her into despair, and she kills her self trying to find her dad, who you killed
4)
If you send her to a safe zone, she gets killed by the pig, or she goes to Iosefka's clinic and is experimented on and dies
5)
If you find her remains, and take it back to her sister, her sister jump of the ledge and kills her self
6)
If you decide to ignore her, she probably becomes a beast

This whole quest line will make you a terrible person, regardless of what you choose.

Its great

joe2187

Banned
I love how Pat was being stingy with the controller at the end of the video

"Maybe...we should drop the rules and just let me play through the entire LP"

"No pat"

"I WANNA PLAY!"

Xiraiya

"No pat"
"I WANNA PLAY!"

I wouldn't be against that, Woolie played through DS2, so Pat this time makes sense if they decide to do that.

But you missed all that stuff the first time.

You'd have more stuff in NG+ if you hadn't done that.
Sure, but that's part of why I made a second new game too. There's a simple joy to getting to complete the game, and I already knew I wasn't just gonna play this once.

Beating it took away some of my ravenous hunger to keep playing
before I had an exam to study for.
"No pat"
"I WANNA PLAY!"
They're keeping loading screens interesting with how excited they are, it's really cool.

sjay1994

"No pat"

"I WANNA PLAY!"

The next boss is definately going to show how this format might work. That boss is probably going to body Pat the first time, and then woolie needs to adjust to the controls, so are they going to spend a whole part of woolie adjusting?

And when woolie goes to fight the boss and gets bodied, how much will Pat and Woolie pick up on its moves?

So yeah, next part is going to be really interesting.

joe2187

Banned
The next boss is definately going to show how this format might work. That boss is probably going to body Pat the first time, and then woolie needs to adjust to the controls, so are they going to spend a whole part of woolie adjusting?

And when woolie goes to fight the boss and gets bodied, how much will Pat and Woolie pick up on its moves?

So yeah, next part is going to be really interesting.

I predict pat will get to the second phase at least, be all excited and then get bodied by the second phase.

sjay1994

I predict pat will get to the second phase at least, be all excited and then get bodied by the second phase.

I think the third phase is going to get them stuck a lot. I had no problems with that boss until he got to the third phase, thats when he fucked me up.

Then I read about that item the girl gives you and killed it as soon as I got it.

Ploribus

Banned
Hi guys, I've been watching since the beginning of Machinima season two and have been lurking GAF for about as long

Just realized my account's been activated so I thought I'd drop in and say hello :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom