• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I'm still watching the Madworld LP as well. I think maybe part of the problem is that the best parts of the game are probably the music, followed by the commentators. Both of those are subverted by the LP format a bit. Then there are the rampant controller issues with whatever emulator they're using, which leads to overall frustration.

Madworld has always been my least favorite platinum game, but still a fun game. I'm waiting for the LP to finish before watching it though because I'm lazy to keep up with airing shit.

I'm even getting lazy with BB

She looks fine. Lots of new Tekken characters getting a lot hate than I'd thought they would.

525x600xJosie-Rizal-tekken.jpg.pagespeed.ic.ddCAZFbBmIEZj7g1LAK_.jpg
I disagree

She's cute tho.

Her outfit is awful. There's just too many pieces, and not enough cohesion.

That's why I don't like her.
Also, the whole thing with the Filipino professor complaining about her design is hilarious. I want this guy to see every Street Fighter design and watch his reaction.

And machete order doesn't assume you don't know the twist, it just follows, like, an actual story structure.

Beloved

He thinks he can wait till Christmas but it's not going to happen. The LP's going to push him over the edge.

Look I don't think you get it. He's coming to America in July, we LITERALLY cannot spend the money on a PS4, it doesn't make sense to get one until we're back in Australia together which won't be until September.

Like how hard is this to comprehend?

Oh no, I definitely won't.
It's just not practical or possible right now.

Well I hope you can make it through the LP alive then. Seeing and playing BB are two different things so it'll definitely be worth it, even when you can finally get the money and time for it.

Look I don't think you get it. He's coming to America in July, we LITERALLY cannot spend the money on a PS4, it doesn't make sense to get one until we're back in Australia together which won't be until September.

Like how hard is this to comprehend?

If only there was a way to get one without having to buy it.

Xiraiya

I've been wondering when Life Is Strange will start up again, I was figuring this week coming maybe.

Kaz... Im already a felon
EdZewq.gif

Bloodborne is really one of the only games I absolutely want a PS4 for, that and XV, MGSV will be on PC and since I'm nearly done getting the parts I need, by then I'll have a PC good enough to run MGS at 60 maxed out.

Ilvocare

Liam was on point as hell this direct. I'm surprised that he didn't waver at all with it being SMTxFE. I think his confidence lead the others to believe in him. I think if he wasn't sure then the others would of been weirded out. I can't believe he knew it was Fatal Frame as well. He was really good this direct.

sppoken lik an true anmine

That wonderful piece of backlog aside, is anyone having just the slightest bit of trouble keeping track of what's happening in between each part of Revelations 2? Every time a new episode starts I'm like "wait when did they get here" and I have to go and watch the last minute or so of footage in the previous part to reorient myself. It's not that Matt and Pat are lacking in quality dialogue, far from it. It seems to be something regarding the game itself...

Speaking of which I decided to see the other reviews for the remaining episode of R2 that Jim Sterling did and I'm amazed at the complete extremes of the judgment of the spectrum of quality this game is garnering.

Those reviews still continue to be painful to read, mind.

Skrams

sppoken lik an true anmine

That wonderful piece of backlog aside, is anyone having just the slightest bit of trouble keeping track of what's happening in between each part of Revelations 2? Every time a new episode starts I'm like "wait when did they get here" and I have to go and watch the last minute or so of footage in the previous part to reorient myself. It's not that Matt and Pat are lacking in quality dialogue, far from it. It seems to be something regarding the game itself...

Speaking of which I decided to see the other reviews for the remaining episode of R2 that Jim Sterling did and I'm amazed at the complete extremes of the judgment of the spectrum of quality this game is garnering.

I'm really liking the moment to moment stuff, but yeah, each episode start I have trouble remembering what just last happened in the previous episode. Gameplay stands out more than some of the level environments. Last episode is easier to remember though because pigs, blood, and sewers though. Felt a lot more varied than some of the other environments that I remember.

ArjanN

I had no problem with that playing Revelations 2 myself, I think it's just that the episodes were too far apart because of Mecha week and a bunch of other stuff getting in the way.

That is legit terrifying...

Pat totally would have something like that, if he did. All the materials are there, at the very least he'd just have to sever Baby Ashely's head and attach it to the other end of the giant fist.

BigDes

If you think its bad now, wait till the second boss. You might cave in on buying a PS4 lol.

Second boss will teach them how to play so it wont be too bad. Cleric Beast's problem is that you can treat it like a traditional Souls boss and defeat it. Father G will tear them apart if they do that.

sjay1994

Being that they didn't choose the Axe, I don't think you can. I'd absolutely hate if they did though because that was such an amazing moment to really set the tone of the game.

With what they have on them, I don't think they will be able to.

Not to mention they don't have moltovs anymore.

So this is late as fuck in a way because I just randomly remembered it, but I love how in the NMH playthrough, Matt thought Moai statues were "Moe" statues.

sjay1994

Woolie: You dropping chips all over your dick Pat?

Pat: I'm dropping chips all over my dick. You want me to drop chips all over your dick?

Woolie: No, mine is tasty enough.

*Matt Facepalms *

-Lets Watch Nintendo Direct (april 1st)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom