• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

croten

The problem that MH4 has is being released around the same time a whole bunch of other games are being released that are more notable and more well known.

Not even Pat's shilling methods could help that.

I also find it hard to keep going because the game gets dull from time to time(22 hours in).

I think it varies from person to person because I couldn't put it down for weeks

The sheer amount of content they packed into 4U seems to be throwing people off, since there's less of a feeling of progression from each fight.

That's my exact problem. I don't feel like I'm getting anywhere.

I see Pat and them talk end game stuff in the Steam chat all the time and it sounds awesome but I'm just so far behind it feels impossible to catch up.

That's my exact problem. I don't feel like I'm getting anywhere.

I see Pat and them talk end game stuff in the Steam chat all the time and it sounds awesome but I'm just so far behind it feels impossible to catch up.
I can assure you that you are, but it's one of those things where it doesn't quite feel fufilling, yet. Especially because of how easy Low Rank is. I blasted through a majority of those first bits in a day.

If you're 22 hours in, you're probably really close to high rank. I'd say that's where it really kicks in. (You're not gonna catch up to Pat and those guys if that's your intention though, they've been playing for weeks and weeks.)

Ants

from what they showed, the dog and the cow are straight up copy pasted, and some of the background textures look similar too (although it's been a while)

sjay1994

That series of indie games (the one with the ballon women) have always creeped me out every time they have done them in one of these things.

Also, why did I find that budget horror game that was just a slideshow kinda cool.

I won't lie, the moving teddie bear spooked me more than anything in evil within.

That series of indie games (the one with the ballon women) have always creeped me out every time they have done them in one of these things.

Also, why did I find that budget horror game that was just a slideshow kinda cool.

I won't lie, the moving teddie bear spooked me more than anything in evil within.
I get it. Low budget/ugly stuff is always scarier than the more well made expensive shit. In my mind at least.

Audio issues continue to plague that LP.

I let Pat know about that, and I know he conveyed the info over to them. It's probably too late to really do anything about it.

sjay1994

I should really watch wrestling more

tKZLkAo.jpg

Frienders hiding in the audience.

Woolie's ORAORAORAORA followed by the cross counters in the Black Baron fight is exactly what I would've wanted.

For all the problems that Madworld has, it sure pulls it all together with the final fight.

sjay1994

Woolie's ORAORAORAORA followed by the cross counters in the Black Baron fight is exactly what I would've wanted.

For all the problems that Madworld has, it sure pulls it all together with the final fight.

I came to say this

Woolie just yelling Jojo and Ippo stuff during the final boss is fucking great

Ants

so, i own madworld, but i didnt finish it

is this the end of the game? it sure seems like it, but usually they say "Part FINAL"

sjay1994

Also, are they going to make the credits its own part?

Because they cut of there, unless they are going to dick around with some of the NG+ weapons

is this the end of the game? it sure seems like it, but usually they say "Part FINAL"

Yeah, this should be the end of the game

Xiraiya

If it's not labeled FINAL then they have another video still to put out and they aren't quite finished playing.

Rean

How many video games have the Best Friends convince you to buy?

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1023355&page=100000

Apparently a substantial number of Gaffers bought video games because of the Best Friends.

Surprised me to see how influential their videos can be.
Bayo 1&2, MGS Legacy Collection, Parasite Eve, Chrono Trigger, and more.

They also convinced me into getting into some animes like Attack on Titan, Gurren Lagann, and Evangelion.

Apparently a substantial number of Gaffers bought video games because of the Best Friends.

The Yakuza 4 LP is what made me check out the series and care about Yakuza 5 coming out here like Pat does.

Though there's not really any one specific game I bought after having it featured in a video. Though after Mechaweek, I might have to get one of the Front Mission games and Ranger X.

sjay1994

I expect it to be somebody on the Zaibatsu's GOTY 2014, it was mine anyway.

Considering I didn't have a wiiU, 2014 to me was a depressing year of disappointment, where business men ruined one of my favorite franchises.

It actually makes me depressed everytime I think about that game.

I thought selling it would give me some closure..... it didn't. I am still depressed about it.

Skrams

The problem that MH4 has is being released around the same time a whole bunch of other games are being released that are more notable and more well known.

Not even Pat's shilling methods could help that.

I also find it hard to keep going because the game gets dull from time to time(22 hours in).
Sales wise it's still doing great. I imagine a lot of people are just getting bored of it since they're not dedicating the time to it though. I'm 50 hours in and barely anywhere in that game. I'll probably just keep chipping away at it and hopefully catch up to Pat and others while the free quests keep streaming out.
Super Best Friends Play Xbox Live Indie Games VI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTVmlAAprB0
My guess about this being the drunken phone video was right and the video was pretty alright too.

The slideshow one was neat since I lean towards the Woolie school of thought where enemies that have less frames of animation than you are scarier. Just skipping and then eventually appearing in front of you as if lag happened.

I feel like I always already had the interest, but a lot of their nudges push me over the edge. Off the top of my head Parasite Eve, Monster Hunter 4/New 3DS, Xeodrifter, and a Wii U for everything that's on the Wii U. I usually know about everything before they play it or mention it. Somethings I also bought to play before watching their LP since I already had an interest. The Evil Within, The Fall, Korra, D4 eventually, and Killer is Dead eventually. Some games I still plan on buying and playing before watching the LP, but I can't remember all of them currently. I still plan on eventually playing Beyond before watching that LP. Some day.

There's probably also more podcast mentions of games that have made me bought things, but I forget.

Also man, I really dislike every thread with a mention of LPs just being a bunch of "LPs? Pfffffffff, gross."

Also man, I really dislike every thread with a mention of LPs just being a bunch of "LPs? Pfffffffff, gross."
Exact quotes "Why would I watch someone else play a videogame".

Like come on, dude. Thanks for the input. Lemme come into a book thread and be like "Why read words durr"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom