• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiraiya

You know what? I think the best part of the MadWorld LP for me was the fact that Matt and Woolie left the door open for more PC emulated Gamecube/Wii game videos/LPs. That could give some games a really nice boost/make them not look like utter garbage at average YouTube/video resolutions. I kinda wish they'd do it for all PS1 games, but considering how often they comment on bad graphics/cool graphical techniques in those games, I can live without PC PS1 emulation.

I've been wondering what the general stance is on LPs with emulated games, personally I see nothing wrong with it if it's set up properly to look and feel like the real deal with minimal bugs, but also much clearer looking.

I'm pretty sad that Woolie couldn't get a bluetooth dongle... For For.realionaires, they are really penny pinching.
ahnBgfE.gif

I don't really think that, I just wanted an excuse to post this gif again.
Its my favorite Plague gif.

This final part almost feels like an apology, but
I've been wondering what the stance is on LPs with emulated games, personally I see nothing wrong with it if it's set up properly to look and feel like the real deal with minimal bugs, but also much clearer looking.
They said in this last MadWorld part that they'd never do it if they don't have a good reason to, but they said next time they're going to exhaustively make sure it works perfectly.

I've been wondering what the general stance is on LPs with emulated games, personally I see nothing wrong with it if it's set up properly to look and feel like the real deal with minimal bugs, but also much clearer looking.
So long as it's not admitting to piracy, pretty sure it's all fine. I know I use it for the PS1 Armored Core games just because I don't have any other way to directly capture console game footage.

Xiraiya

So long as it's not admitting to piracy, pretty sure it's all fine. I know I use it for the PS1 Armored Core games just because I don't have any other way to directly capture console game footage.

Isn't it suppose to be fine as long as you're using the actual game discs? Matt has like a ton of actual PS2 games and stuff like that.

Isn't it suppose to be fine as long as you're using the actual game discs? Matt has like a ton of actual PS2 games and stuff like that.
Some emulators require you to rip your console BIOS, so they should probably sure to say they do that, but otherwise yeah, most games can just be run straight off the disc itself anyway.

The stance regarding ISOs, IIRC is that if you own the game, you are allowed to make one, non-Transferrable digital copy for personal use and not for resale.

Ants

I'm pretty sad that Woolie couldn't get a bluetooth dongle... For For.realionaires, they are really penny pinching.
ahnBgfE.gif

I don't really think that, I just wanted an excuse to post this gif again.
Its my favorite Plague gif.

I can understand if it was hard on a schedule, if they didn't know about it beforehand, but for real, bluetooth dongles are really fucking cheap. I don't think it's an unreasonable investment. They're like $15 max.

I can understand if it was hard on a schedule, if they didn't know about it beforehand, but for real, bluetooth dongles are really fucking cheap. I don't think it's an unreasonable investment. They're like $15 max.
I bugged him on twitter like an asshole, he said it was a technical issue they fixed since

That's pretty nonspecific so *shrug*

Skrams

Yes they are, they're more for the entertainment value and the game is just a side dish. It's the worst when it's a game they have to pay attention to and is fairly unforgiving.
Damn FTL lp plus "interview" was so bad...
Dark souls wasn't too great, but to be fair, woolie was under pressure and had to shake off his habits from his magic build. It was pretty rough early on with the great sword, and some later moments. Woof, that's pretty bad... how long did it take for him to realize?

Yeah, he got better as it went on, but his inability to move forward and do the thing with those early parts really hurt at the time. Also I don't think they ever did realize it.

Watched Madworld FINAL and it's a little funny how Woolie tells Matt not to beat himself up over the small stuff when this is another playthrough with a lot of fuckups audio wise. Matt's going to head back to the bottle again.

Also Pat and Woolie screaming YEAH in Part 5 of Bloodborne because they thought their souls stayed inside the Executioner, jeez. I wonder how long it'll take them to figure out that it doesn't work that way and also those aren't appraisals on notes. They're just gestures they didn't let load.

And then Pat thinks he can't Visceral Attack the werewolf guy outside the boss arena because reasons?

Also Pat and Woolie screaming YEAH in Part 5 of Bloodborne because they thought their souls stayed inside the Executioner, jeez. I wonder how long it'll take them to figure out that it doesn't work that way and also those aren't appraisals on notes. They're just gestures they didn't let load.

And then Pat thinks he can't Visceral Attack the werewolf guy outside the boss arena because reasons?

Anything before episode 11 is still day of release. I didn't get a good grasp on the mechanics of the game until coming on the Neo and checking the sub-reddit, which I deprived myself of for the majority of my first playthrough. I didn't know about adding gestures until someone in this thread commented about it.

Skrams

Anything before episode 11 is still day of release. I didn't get a good grasp on the mechanics of the game until coming on the Neo and checking the sub-reddit, which I deprived myself of for the majority of my first playthrough. I didn't know about adding gestures until someone in this thread commented about it.
It's obviously different for everyone. I get that. I figured those things out without any outside help. I just think it's funny that Pat is setting rules for how shit works in his head and those are going to get pulled out from under him later on. "Oh we died to the same enemy again. At least he's still carrying our souls from our previous death." Then they find out that isn't true and lose 10k souls or something. I guess he'll also eventually learn most enemies can be visceral attacked and he'll soon be fisting pigs or werewolf things with the best of em. I at least wish he would stay long enough to read a note to see the gesture pop up.
Apparently, there is another SBFP RPG being made right now called SBFPGaiden. I just found out about it today and there is already a demo you can try. I haven't checked it out yet, though. Here's a link to the guy making it. According to him, the game should be done sometime this month, will be 5 hours long, and have multiple endings.

Here are a couple screenshots of the game.

Jesus, another one and out so soon? Those jokes in the screenshots are also really good for some reason.

Apparently, there is another SBFP RPG being made right now called SBFPGaiden. I just found out about it today and there is already a demo you can try. I haven't checked it out yet, though. Here's a link to the guy making it. According to him, the game should be done sometime this month, will be 5 hours long, and have multiple endings.

Here are a couple screenshots of the game.

Cool. What happened to that other RPG?

I don't like that sprite art for Matt.

Can that Patface be anymore smug?

Possibly.

He's pretty smug looking here.

tsundoku

So they wanted to emulate for the graphical fidelity, sure, but Woolie, come on.
"Couldn't get a wiimote on my computer because I didn't have a bluetooth dongle"
Bluetooth dongles are like $20 max, man.

He was just being a fucking baby about using the waggle controls the game was literally designed around

did they ever get around to making the audio actually listenable in the last 10 episodes? What a terrible lp.

Beloved

It's a Monday and I didn't get much sleep last night but knowing we get the next part of BB later today is keeping me awake

Skrams

Cool. What happened to that other RPG?

I don't like that sprite art for Matt.

Placeholder sprite?
I'd imagine it's the final sprites and also generic RPG maker sprites. That's also probably why the game will be 5 hours long and out this month. The other RPG seems like it's going to be a lot longer and way crazier with its amount of content.
He was just being a fucking baby about using the waggle controls the game was literally designed around

did they ever get around to making the audio actually listenable in the last 10 episodes? What a terrible lp.

This doesn't seem like an over-exaggeration. Not at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom