• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skrams

Dammit Woolie, the preview link takes you to ep 86's video

It just got fixed.

I'll listen to the podcast later, but I wonder if I'd rather having nothing will be another moment of someone saying a crazy thing and wanting nothing rather than something.

Liam's beard is still majestic as well and I thought Matt or Pat was just reaching over to touch it for a second. It's also now just beardcast and everyone has beards. This is weird. Liam was our kawaii moe senpaiy guy who stayed young through thick and thin. Now he's just a woodsman. I should of expected this. Also Doraemon is such a weird product. I bought some Doraemon cheese doodles in a random convenience store in Spain once. He and the shitkids he hangs around with were on the bag and everything. It wasn't even a fake Doraemon. They were also pretty good cheese doodles.

Also just watched Bloodborne Part 6. The different walls for people sure is weird. I only died a few times to the boss and got him to his final phase first go. I'm still in the middle of playing Bloodborne so I don't know if I'll actually hit a wall at some point.
I made sure to use the trees/gravestones a fucking lot during his first phases. I would think they're placed there for the exact reason considering they stop him and his bullets in his tracks. I guess some people might find that too cheesy though.

Forgot to mention, another thing to add to my I wonder when they'll notice list. The armor they picked up isn't the same as the one they have. Or I'm just crazy and it is and someone will correct me if they see this.

CB766ZrWEAATClr.jpg

Good excuse to link this.

sjay1994

Well...I have now experienced just about everything there is in Bloodborne outside of all the Chalice Dungeons.

With that said, I eagerly await berating Pat and Woolie for every other detail and hidden thing they miss from here on out.

Fuck that game is so good and I'm glad to have it off my plate now.

I'm so happy I can play it again, now that I am done with exams.

Shadow of Yharnam
was no joke.

Skrams

No, I'm pretty sure you're right. One is Yharnam Hunter set and the other they picked up is regular Hunters set from the all the preview material I believe. I think it has better stats too. Hopefully they noticed before selling it.

That was what I was thinking. I think I used that set for a while since it's better stats and cooler looking as well. I'd also be really bummed if they start selling shit other than their starting gear. I'd rather them keep everything since the descriptions are fun to keep around to peek at every so often.

Finished the recent Rev 2 part as well. Still a great playthrough and a great game. I wonder if that's actually the part effecting the good/bad ending thing. That seems kind of insane if it is. Dat brick throw too.

Zenfalcia

It totally was Pat's fault. You can hear him mashing the button.

But then again, in RE not mashing a button usually means you are going to die. They shouldn't have shown the prompt in the split screen.
What if everything was Pat's fault but he hid it well? It must be all a work!

I haven't gotten to that part since I wanted to play through the game myself. Was the prompt a quick time mash prompt?
That was what I was thinking. I think I used that set for a while since it's better stats and cooler looking as well. I'd also be really bummed if they start selling shit other than their starting gear. I'd rather them keep everything since the descriptions are fun to keep around to peek at every so often.

Finished the recent Rev 2 part as well. Still a great playthrough and a great game. I wonder if that's actually the part effecting the good/bad ending thing. That seems kind of insane if it is. Dat brick throw too.
I kinda wish they never sell anything because fashion is important.

Alfebit

Banned
It totally was Pat's fault. You can hear him mashing the button.

But then again, in RE not mashing a button usually means you are going to die. They shouldn't have shown the prompt in the split screen.

That wouldn't be the best solution because people would assume it's still the cutscene and die wondering if they were supposed to do something. What they should have done is add a prompt on the second player's screen to move the stick forward.

What if everything was Pat's fault but he hid it well? It must be all a work!

I haven't gotten to that part since I wanted to play through the game myself. Was the prompt a quick time mash prompt?

I kinda wish they never sell anything because fashion is important.

It was a big mash square prompt on Pat's screen while Matt get's nothing so it's understandable why they wouldn't figure it out. I didn't even know about it until after I got the bad end.

Zenfalcia

It was a big mash square prompt on Pat's screen while Matt get's nothing so it's understandable why they wouldn't figure it out. I didn't even know about it until after I got the bad end.
Damn, really? Yeah, a move forward prompt would help a lot for the secondary character.

Alfebit

Banned
In single player, the game forces you to be moira in that scene.

That mistake is understandable if someone played co op

Really? I was told you start as Claire in that section and you're supposed to switch to Moira. I haven't played that scene solo so I have no experience with that part myself.

sjay1994

That wouldn't be the best solution because people would assume it's still the cutscene and die wondering if they were supposed to do something. What they should have done is add a prompt on the second player's screen to move the stick forward.

My bad. You do start as Claire, but there is a giant SWITCH CHARACTERS prompt in sp

Alfebit

Banned
Holy fuck, that joke about the Polish being the reason Remedy had to delay Quantum Break fucking slayed me. It was so stupid.

My bad. You do start as Claire, but there is a giant SWITCH CHARACTERS prompt in sp

Ah, ok. I'll have to play that scene again solo sometime.

Ah fuck it, I need to go to bed anyway, I'll resume listening to the podcast in the morning.

Though interesting hearing them talk about this memory leak in Bloodborne, considering I never once ran into it because I don't have the fucking luxury to play this game for 12 hours straight.

sjay1994

I remember seeing the first fast and furious movie on a plane, and I thought it was one of the dumbest movies I've ever seen.

And these movies some how embraced this, and became really good.

Pat's reppin' Abu's SMTxFE argument.

Feels good, and I actually really would've loved either option. Glad it exists, still.
-
Where's my Pat x Peter Dinklage photoshop

ArjanN

In single player, the game forces you to be moira in that scene.

That mistake is understandable if someone played co op

Yeah, it's more obvious in single player. I thought it was kinda obvious from the story alone.though, because they bring up Moira's history before and after that scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom