• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenfalcia

Bad starts and bad first impressions. It sounds like whoever pushed it to a Woolie might've been annoying about it.
Possibly.
Its all my fault. I tweeted him everyday and told him that HxH is better than Reboot.
YOU RUINED EVERYTHING!
I was also the one who told him that Aldnoah.Zero is better than all that other mecha shit.
Good job. I also love that woolie TOTALLY didn't realize what kind of ending of the first season would lead to. It was SO obvious that it was going to happen!

croten

After I tweet him about how generic the first 20 episodes of Reboot are and why the artstyle is super generic.

I was also the one who told him that Aldnoah.Zero is better than all that other mecha shit.

349.gif

Carebear strikes again. Listen to Tell Me Why 5 times as penance.

I hadn't listened to the podcast bit where they got the artstyle email and Woolie talking in response to Pat dismissing it on the main characters said that's not why he dropped it, and I'm sure he went into detail to Pat off-recording to explain why he dropped it. I also can't really blame Woolie for dropping it, either, considering the Hunter's Examination essentially boils down to the Chuunin exam except without the sick Rock Lee vs Gaara fight.

I agree. Jojo just essentially boils down to being Persona except without the cool demon designs.

Archgan

Carebear strikes again. Listen to Tell Me Why 5 times as penance.

I hadn't listened to the podcast bit where they got the artstyle email and Woolie talking in response to Pat dismissing it on the main characters said that's not why he dropped it, and I'm sure he went into detail to Pat off-recording to explain why he dropped it. I also can't really blame Woolie for dropping it, either, considering the Hunter's Examination essentially boils down to the Chuunin exam except without the sick Rock Lee vs Gaara fight.

This is at least part of the reason.

Life is Strange EP2 was garbage and House of Cards S3 was godlike? Man, Woolie truly going strong with wrong opinions this week.

I can sorta kinda see how Woolie came to his conclusion on EP2. It seemed he got really hung up on the worst part of EP2. Which is possibly the worst bit of the entire thing. Although his distaste for the ending was nickpicky as fuck. My only problem with it personally was the flow inbetween the last bits of dialogue.

Did anyone watch Maximillian's boss rage stream last night? I've heard that Max issued a challenge to the Zaibatsu to defeat Challenge #300 by the time MKX comes out.

Squishy3

Yup, some of the problems I figured he'd have.

Also, with it being a long-running shonen, they've talked about any of the shows like that, where friend a says "HEY CHECK OUT THIS COOL SERIES I FOUND WITH A BAJILLION EPISODES" you: "ok i'll give it a watch" you to friend a: "when does this get good" friend a: "YOU JUST GOTTA WAIT UNTIL THE THING HAPPENS AT EPISODE __"

At least Pat and Woolie went through it with Naruto and Bleach, Pat went through it with One Piece (which he admits is good, too bad anime pacing and quality are awful now) and they don't want to keep falling into that trap.

ive watched both and your opinion is wrong Carebear
sure Berserk is on hiatus because of those damn Idolmaster games
but atleast it doesnt have a horrible nothing ending like Claymore anime

Honestly, anything with Urobuchi's name in the credits for anything is an immediate no sell to me. After seeing Psycho-Pass, where everything literally happens because the evil dystopia system is too stupid to have contingency plans for things it knows happened/happen, and Gargantia (which he only wrote a few episodes of and helped conceptualize), a show where the best part was the bro-tier AI/mecha and was a boring rethread of several scifi cliches with stupid messages thrown in, I can't see why anyone likes his stuff and why he's treated like the best thing to happen to anime writing in ages.

Honestly, anything with Urobuchi's name in the credits for anything is an immediate no sell to me. After seeing Psycho-Pass, where everything literally happens because the evil dystopia system is too stupid to have contingency plans for things it knows happened/happen, and Gargantia (which he only wrote a few episodes of and helped conceptualize), a show where the best part was the bro-tier AI/mecha and was a boring rethread of several scifi cliches with stupid messages thrown in, I can't see why anyone likes his stuff and why he's treated like the best thing to happen to anime writing in ages.

Because Madoka and Fate/Zero are fucking amazing.

Also, he only wrote like the first two or so episodes of A.Z so technically he didn't write the series.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
We can still convince Woolie to watch Code Geass though.

Zenfalcia

He's done some great writing in the past. Also like gargantia, he only wrote the first episodes of aldnoah.zero. His name is just been used for advertising and drumming up interest and then other writers write the rest, which might not be as good. Are you counting s2 or just s1 of psychopass?

I'm not ready to write the Butcher off as a great writer yet. Fate/Zero and Madoka were excellently written for me to still trust him to put out well-written anime. I'm not gonna put him next to writers that fell off like Shinbo after he single handedly ruined Monogatari after how great S1 was and how amazingly written Katanagatari was.

Even if overrated, the butcher's writing is still better than about 90% of other current anime writers.

We can still convince Woolie to watch Code Geass though.

I'm still shocked he hasn't seen it yet. Its one of the most popular gateway animes right next to Death Note. And it even has mechs.

He's done some great writing in the past. Also like gargantia, he only wrote the first episodes of aldnoah.zero. His name is just been used for advertising and drumming up interest and then other writers write the rest, which might not be as good. Are you counting s2 or just s1 of psychopass?
Just season 1 of Psycho-Pass. I heard S2 was even more retarded, so I didn't even bother trying to watch it past the first episode.

HxH is not even a hard sell. It gets much better as the show goes on. The end of the Exam arc is pretty good. It's made by the same guy who made Yu Yu Hakusho what could go wrong?

Maybe Woolie and Pat should have been shown some cool gifs from the Chimera Ant arc.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
HxH is not even a hard sell. It gets much better as the show goes on. The end of the Exam arc is pretty good. It's made by the same guy who made Yu Yu Hakusho what could go wrong?

Maybe Woolie and Pat should have been shown some cool gifs from the Chimera Ant arc.
We tried that, it didnt work.

There's not much to show without major spoilers.

To be fair
the evil society has no contingencies so they can capture the villains that the evil society cannot anticipate

Pat confirmed as a bad cook. Can't even cook spaghetti.

I don't know why, but I'm so happy Pat and Liam have watched a shit load of Kitchen Nightmares. I love Gordon Ramsay and KN is so good. I love it when he flips out on people and watching the cooks be so delusional about their cooking.

I wonder if they know about Hotel Hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom