• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anung

Un Rama
For some reason the comments shit talking of the LP is really rubbing me the wrong way this time. Like I've put like 100 hours into Bloodborne. Watching them struggle through and make mistakes is half the fun. Like shit I missed all but 1 NPC through my entire first run. It'd be easy to shit on them now I know where everything is and what to do. Hindsight is 20/20.

RainSD

Neo Member
all the salt in the comments for the bloodborne videos is really hindering my enjoyment of the LP. I think the videos are good, they are having alot of fun playing why does every comment just seem to criticize it.

Because they aren't playing the way people want them to. I do want them to explore more since they seem to look over things sometimes but I don't think it's that big of a deal.

Cocoa

I don't know if you've been here before sorry if you have, but welcome to BestGaf.

It seems like the norm that people the LPers to do what they want to. People also tend to forget they are talking and also may not even be paying attention to the screen when playing. Although i wish they did, especially when promps come up right in front of them.

I'm more of a lurker on GAF, but thanks for that.

For some reason the comments shit talking of the LP is really rubbing me the wrong way this time. Like I've put like 100 hours into Bloodborne. Watching them struggle through and make mistakes is half the fun. Like shit I missed all but 1 NPC through my entire first run. It'd be easy to shit on them now I know where everything is and what to do. Hindsight is 20/20.

I completely agree. I'm thoroughly enjoying their LP, but the comments are disheartening this time around. I never read YouTube comments and now it seems like I'll stop reading the subreddit at this rate. I enjoyed it more when the fans were supportive. Yes, it can get frustrating when things are missed. No, I'm not going to foam at the mouth because of it. It's not that big of a deal when I'm being entertained either way.

This is Kenny v2.

Also, I was really rooting for Pat and his sick parrying skills against Djura.

Zenfalcia

I'm more of a lurker on GAF, but thanks for that.

I completely agree. I'm thoroughly enjoying their LP, but the comments are disheartening this time around. I never read YouTube comments and now it seems like I'll stop reading the subreddit at this rate. I enjoyed it more when the fans were supportive. Yes, it can get frustrating when things are missed. No, I'm not going to foam at the mouth because of it. It's not that big of a deal when I'm being entertained either way.

This is Kenny v2.

Also, I was really rooting for Pat and his sick parrying skills against Djura.
Post more tho.

It's more like darksouls 2 2: the backdown. Now will more wrong facts and double the lack of knowledge. Either way, people will get salty and life goes on.

MrHoot

I'm enjoying the BB lp immensely, and i'm mostly being facetious about the "selling of Hunter's set". But it is frustrating after all the big talk Pat gave during DS2, and Woolie's long playthrough, and mostly because it's one of the coolest looking armor and they missed it for some dumb blood level shit :p

aly

I do wonder what the point of trash talking them is, since this is done like forever in advance of the actual posting. Besides, when has insulting anyone ever made them do what you want? Probably never.

Yeah, they miss alot of cool things especially in BB where it might be difficult to get, but it's much better to have a laugh about it. It's stuff they most likely find in their own playthrough anyway.

More importantly I appreciated that S-club 7 reference. I actually like them.

Zenfalcia

I'm enjoying the BB lp immensely, and i'm mostly being facetious about the "selling of Hunter's set". But it is frustrating after all the big talk Pat gave during DS2, and Woolie's long playthrough, and mostly because it's one of the coolest looking armor and they missed it :p
It's terrible they didn't even give it a look... I agree, it went against Pat's own rules in darksouls 2. It's a shame, they didn't even get that much blood echoes from it. Oh well.

I do wonder what the point of trash talking them is, since this is done like forever in advance of the actual posting.
Sometimes I wonder if these people realize they have like 15 hours done.
It's terrible they didn't even give it a look... I agree, it went against Pat's own rules in darksouls 2. It's a shame, they didn't even get that much blood echoes from it. Oh well.
They thought it was a dupe (and it was obviously late at night.)

Zenfalcia

I do wonder what the point of trash talking them is, since this is done like forever in advance of the actual posting. Besides, when has insulting anyone ever made them do what you want? Probably never.

Yeah, they miss alot of cool things especially in BB where it might be difficult to get, but it's much better to have a laugh about it. It's stuff they most likely find in their own playthrough anyway.

More importantly I appreciated that S-club 7 reference. I actually like them.
Some people don't have the mentality of this being prerecorded and also have kneejerk reactions which are made easier with the comment system.

On the bright side they're having fun and slowly learning.

RainSD

Neo Member
Some people don't have the mentality of this being prerecorded and also have kneejerk reactions which are made easier with the comment system.

On the bright side they're having fun and slowly learning.

Everyday the comment section gets worse by each video, sadly.

Zenfalcia

Sometimes I wonder if these people realize they have like 15 hours done.

They thought it was a dupe (and it was obviously late at night.)
I bet people don't realize that.

They didn't even bother to read the description to check. Alas, there is no point in complaining now since that was recorded weeks ago.
Everyday the comment section gets worse by each video, sadly.
It'll be fiiiiine.

MrHoot

I think their only LP i genuinely didn't like (but i just stopped watching it back then) was probably the Mario RPG one, just because the use of the cheese item made it less about the game and it became fairly boring.

Although I restrain myself from commenting too much anyway. But I don't go on the subreddit too.

RainSD

Neo Member
people are just bitter they never got to send them stuff, to show their love.
or live snakes to hopefully murder them, or anthrax.
they resorted to leave spiteful comments.

Damn, now I can't send them cool swords anymore.

Time to shit on Pat on his twitter.

Zenfalcia

I think their only LP i genuinely didn't like (but i just stopped watching it back then) was probably the Mario RPG one, just because the use of the cheese item made it less about the game and it became fairly boring.

Although I restrain myself from commenting too much anyway. But I don't go on the subreddit too.
Didn't they also not vary up their tactics or party and it became fairly repetative?

You can still comment since some are valid criticism.
people are just bitter they never got to send them stuff, to show their love.
or live snakes to hopefully murder them, or anthrax.
they resorted to leave spiteful comments.
I know i'm bitter. I wish i could send them a box of live lady bugs.
Damn, now I can't send them cool swords anymore.

Time to shit on Pat on his twitter.
Talk about how he never played a souls game ever.

MrHoot

Didn't they also not vary up their tactics or party and it became fairly repetative?

You can still comment since some are valid criticism.

Yeah. The moment they found the big shells, every fight kinda became the same. Mario RPG isn't really a hard game to begin with, so it got pretty boring when all fights became "Bruteforcing: the game", and it also doesn't help that I knew the game a lot, same for BB or DaS2 so it always hits closer to home. It might be just me but I find them more entertaining when they are either facing a bit of adversity, or are genuinely into the game, (I have no Mouth and Silent hill 2 have been my favourite in recent memory, because they're so nice to watch and listen to).

Honestly though, I like shittalking them a bit but, like I said above, it's mostly in a facetious/playful manner (i think they can take it :p). I love 'dem guys, but maaaan sometimes they're scrubby !

Zenfalcia

Yeah. The moment they found the big shells, every fight kinda became the same. Mario RPG isn't really a hard game to begin with, so it got pretty boring when all fights became "Bruteforcing: the game", and it also doesn't help that I knew the game a lot, same for BB or DaS2 so it always hits closer to home. It might be just me but I find them more entertaining when they are either facing a bit of adversity, or are genuinely into the game, (I have no Mouth and Silent hill 2 have been my favourite in recent memory, because they're so nice to watch and listen to).

Honestly though, I like shittalking them a bit but, like I said above, it's mostly in a facetious/playful manner (i think they can take it :p). I love 'dem guys, but maaaan sometimes they're scrubby !
I find that most of the play throughs usually involve at least one person knowing the game and the other person, rather than double blind play through. Although some games were quirky enough on their own to make the LP entertaining like DP. The ones you mentioned are a good example of that, where one person knows most of the game and the other either knows some of it, or nothing. Although in I have no mouth, i don't remember if it was just woolie read the book and knew a lot of the background information and/or he played through the game before.

They really let themselves accept playful shit talking. They're so scrubby especially in saturday morning scrublords.

RainSD

Neo Member
People consider the Zaibatsu those cool guys you know that know a thing or two about video games. So when they do something you don't agree with people think it's fine to attack them for it, which it is not.

People consider the Zaibatsu those cool guys you know that know a thing or two about video games. So when they do something you don't agree with people think it's fine to attack them for it, which it is not.

Everybody wanna backseat Game but nobody wanna LP.

Let's change the topic. It's a real downer to keep harping on how shitty the YouTube fans can be.

my guess is that they actually got the wrong person's mail for that one.

Ask Woolie the next time you hang out.

I'm curious about whether or not that was intentional.

Zenfalcia

Everybody wanna backseat Game but nobody wanna LP.

Let's change the topic. It's a real downer to keep harping on how shitty the YouTube fans can be.
Let's make our own LP channel with blackjack and hookers!

Let's change the topic to speculation of tomorrow's FNF or SMS.

tsundoku

Its fine to embarass a game with good armor and a good weapon even implemented poorly so long as your goal you set out to do is to embarass the game well
But they embarassed the game poorly. They found the "crystal armor" and the "excalibur" but then they used the black mage the entire game to cast instant death and use physical attacks. They completely ignored flare. Ignored the attack power hit from the armor and ways to get around it. And then had the audacity to say that games like ff5 and ff6 with tricks like dual wield !rapidfire and vanishdoom/windgod gau have more depth to exploit and embarass the game

You party as a whole in ff6, and five have about an equal amount of options to do game breaking damage or disables. They just know of five in those rpgs and found one of five in smrpg
Ff5 and 6 just have tonnes more filler useless weak spells and weak fight commands.

They also benched the red mage super early. Every time i played through smrpg even as a child i gave mallow the speed boosting accessory and annihilated the ghost ship for #free Number of flower points

RainSD

Neo Member
#believe

It's not going to be Ultimax tho.

howmanybrothersfellvictimtothestreetsrestinpiecelilniggatheresaheavenforag.png

If it does happen(It won't) its probably be the only FNF that I won't watch.

Racing All Afternoon did leave a bad taste in a lot of people's mouth if that's the reason.

tsundoku

Just imagine pat and liam lping ff5 only
They only find a couple summons. They only use a ninja with equip swords and a knight with two handed. They make a black mage early because they look it up and find out you can break rods but stop doing so halfway through to turn the character into a berserker forever. And have a summoner with really weak white magic toss potions forever while never finding any summons around the world because they "dont want to look anything up and spoil the game despite looking up tonnes of shit already"
And then when they read comments about mystic knight or ranger or bard they go "who needs that you see how much the axe guy does also we looked it up and we missed like half the bard songs!"

That lp could have been executed almost identically with them following their no walkthrough rule and i would have absolutely nothing to complain about. You can be bad at games but its offensive to the senses to poorly lookup details and then say to the game and the viewers who HAVE mastered the game that you have mastered the game when you dont know shit. Its like talking shit about how you beat the Skullgirls story mode by looking up combos when you dont even know what hi/low blocking is

croten

Just imagine pat and liam lping ff5 only
They only find a couple summons. They only use a ninja with equip swords and a knight with two handed. They make a black mage early because they look it up and find out you can break rods but stop doing so halfway through to turn the character into a berserker forever. And have a summoner with really weak white magic toss potions forever while never finding any summons around the world because they "dont want to look anything up and spoil the game despite looking up tonnes of shit already"
And then when they read comments about mystic knight or ranger or bard they go "who needs that you see how much the axe guy does also we looked it up and we missed like half the bard songs!"

That lp could have been executed almost identically with them following their no walkthrough rule and i would have absolutely nothing to complain about. You can be bad at games but its offensive to the senses to poorly lookup details and then say to the game and the viewers who HAVE mastered the game that you have mastered the game when you dont know shit. Its like talking shit about how you beat the Skullgirls story mode by looking up combos when you dont even know what hi/low blocking is
let it go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom