• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just imagine pat and liam lping ff5 only
They only find a couple summons. They only use a ninja with equip swords and a knight with two handed. They make a black mage early because they look it up and find out you can break rods but stop doing so halfway through to turn the character into a berserker forever. And have a summoner with really weak white magic toss potions forever while never finding any summons around the world because they "dont want to look anything up and spoil the game despite looking up tonnes of shit already"
And then when they read comments about mystic knight or ranger or bard they go "who needs that you see how much the axe guy does also we looked it up and we missed like half the bard songs!"

That lp could have been executed almost identically with them following their no walkthrough rule and i would have absolutely nothing to complain about. You can be bad at games but its offensive to the senses to poorly lookup details and then say to the game and the viewers who HAVE mastered the game that you have mastered the game when you dont know shit. Its like talking shit about how you beat the Skullgirls story mode by looking up combos when you dont even know what hi/low blocking is

Are you talking about Super Mario RPG? Because I don't remember saying we mastered it. I remember saying we beat Culex and the Final Boss and thus we beat it, and even if we beat it wrong, we obviously weren't so wrong that we couldn't. The game is dramatically overrated anyway.

tsundoku

Are you talking about Super Mario RPG? Because I don't remember saying we mastered it. I remember saying we beat Culex and the Final Boss and thus we beat it, and even if we beat it wrong, we obviously weren't so wrong that we couldn't. The game is dramatically overrated anyway.
Bruh. Its cool. Sometimes ppl get upset about dumb things and make big long rambling posts that go off on fantasy tangents about things that didn't happen when trying to make a point and losing one's way.

Appreciate what you do. Looking forward to eighty episodes of bloodborne to keep me entertained. Push wolfy for summerslam 2015

then we need to push El Woolio
the Zaibatsu has already taken over the internet
next step is Wrestling
THEN THE WORLD

tumblr_mxv8rem3Hq1r182vto1_500.jpg

Dude is already more of a wrestling character than most wrestlers.

That shit is canon already, yo. Should probably properly read the posts I'm quoting. That shit is still amazing tho.

You had me until the bolded...

Now my jimmies are rustled.

Next you'll be telling me that Earthbound is a terrible Dragon Warrior clone...

We gotta push Zubaz for Summerslam!
CCMJX-dVIAAH-4g.jpg

If anyone deserves a push, it's RAGE.

SMRPG is the weakest Mario RPG and is most certainly overrated. None of the characters are compelling in the slightest, story wise. Although I did like Bowser's characterization of tyrant-who-cares.

Paper Mario and PMTTYD are significantly more interesting, and do a better job of making you care about the story.

SMRPG is the weakest Mario RPG and is most certainly overrated. None of the characters are compelling in the slightest, story wise. Although I did like Bowser's characterization of tyrant-who-cares.

Paper Mario and PMTTYD are significantly more interesting, and do a better job of making you care about the story.

Weaker than Sticker Star?

Ants

I don't think any of us should pretend Super Mario RPG holds up in any way except for its charm. Back in the day it was a perfectly serviceable middle-of-the-road JRPG with the benefit of having Mario characters (and thus being the first game to offer strong characterization of these Mario characters).

It's fine to have nostalgia for having played it back in the day, but, as someone who loves all the subsequent Mario RPGs (sans Sticker Star), even I have to admit SMRPG isn't something I would go back and play.

Between Matt shitting on The Evil Within, really liking Nightcrawler (it was alright), and not playing Monster Hunter, I'm staying the fuck away from his recommendations. ;)

Zenfalcia

Between Matt shitting on The Evil Within, really liking Nightcrawler (it was alright), and not playing Monster Hunter, I'm staying the fuck away from his recommendations. ;)
Welcome to the thread unless you've been here before.

Well, Monster Hunter is not for everyone and Matt has his own tastes and opinions.

tsundoku

You had me until the bolded...

Now my jimmies are rustled.

Next you'll be telling me that Earthbound is a terrible Dragon Warrior clone...

If anyone deserves a push, it's RAGE.

earthbound is a terrible dragon warrior, mother 3 is a game, earthbound is an excellent story that the gameplay mechanics try to stop you from seeing

Xiraiya

Matt disliking things is also sometimes just from his lack of attention span and inability to focus on stuff for long.
So Monster Hunter is really like the least compatible kind of series for him.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Bruh. Its cool. Sometimes ppl get upset about dumb things and make big long rambling posts that go off on fantasy tangents about things that didn't happen when trying to make a point and losing one's way.

Appreciate what you do. Looking forward to eighty episodes of bloodborne to keep me entertained. Push wolfy for summerslam 2015

6vApA.gif

Welcome to the thread unless you've been here before.

Well, Monster Hunter is not for everyone and Matt has his own tastes and opinions.

I think I posted back when everyone had the creepy ahegao avatars.

Matt disliking things is also sometimes just from his lack of attention span and inability to focus on stuff for long.
So Monster Hunter is really like the least compatible kind of series for him.

Yeah, I never get the hate for 80 hour games (like his refusal to play Xenoblade). You get to play less shitty forgettable 10-hour games and save a lot more money. What's not to like.

Nightcrawler was rad. Not the best thriller, but a really enjoyable movie.

And Monster Hunter sounds super grindy, and shit.

sjay1994

I think I posted back when everyone had the creepy ahegao avatars.

Yeah, I never get the hate for 80 hour games (like his refusal to play Xenoblade). You get to play less shitty forgettable 10-hour games and save a lot more money. What's not to like.

Because a long game doesn't mean its better. You could burn out or get bored of a long game easily.

I like MGR over Bayonetta because its shorter and isn't padded out as much.

As I understand, Matt just literally has no time. The way he talks about it, his free time is in short supply, and playing one same game in that whole period of time is in appealing when other games are coming out.

I'll take a good short game over a padded 90 hour one any day, but Monster Hunter isn't *too* padded. (4U has a little.)
There are a ton of games that would benefit from a couple of hours being shaved off of them.
No. Kidding.

As I understand, Matt just literally has no time. The way he talks about it, his free time is in short supply, and playing one same game in that whole period of time is in appealing when other games are coming out.

I'll take a good short game over a padded 90 hour one any day, but Monster Hunter isn't *too* padded. (4U has a little.)

"Hey Matt, what'd you do this week?"
"I consumed a shitload of media."

I find it hard to believe he doesn't have free time. Though I would understand if he would rather spend time with his fiancee/wife than play 90-hour single-player games. I've played some of the shorter games he's listed and, though they're fun distractions (Wolfenstein, Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon), I don't have any fond memories of them.

Regarding padded games, 3D Zelda's were the first thing that crossed my mind. Wouldn't mind a 10-hour highly replayable 3D Zelda with strong combat mechanics and little to no cutscenes.

joe2187

Banned

TEW is terrible

Nightcrawler is really good movie

Monster Hunter is trash

These are correct opinions.

sjay1994

TEW is terrible

Nightcrawler is really good movie

Monster Hunter is trash

These are correct opinions.

I'm not on the drastic side of these opinions but

TEW is mediocre at best.

Never saw Nightcrawler

Monster hunter is gameplay is not for my tastes. Also I am in the minority who likes soul sacrifice better.

Why do people want this LP to be like that one? Does that guy have a guide telling him everything or something so he doesn't make mistakes?

Nope! Kay is a person who did not play a lot of video games, jumped straight into Dark Souls completely blind, and destroyed every single preconceived prejudice against the games. Her DS1 LP is the absolute peak of Souls games LPs.

Anung

Un Rama
Nope! Kay is a person who did not play a lot of video games, jumped straight into Dark Souls completely blind, and destroyed every single preconceived prejudice against the games. Her DS1 LP is the absolute peak of Souls games LPs.

I mean the Jeff Green guy Dok Evil was talking about.

I like Kay Plays :3

demidar

Oh :3

I have no idea what Jeff Green is all about. Apparently he's just an old cool dude, which is cool.

I've listened to Jeff Green talk about how he's cooler than his daughter and they talk to him a lot when her friends come over because of his reputation and how his she hates it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom