• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno if they wanted a non-blind LP or not. I think there's people that are pleased that it's blind.

So long as they don't pull out a guide halfway through and decide to min-max, I don't mind it being double blind.

Every other person that had played the game to completion already needs to shut it and let them play. There's no right or wrong way to play these games and the comments do not help with their anxiety of playing for a large audience.

they really need to upload 40+ min videos
less than 30 min videos is UNACCEPTABLE!!!

It's Pat's method of getting us addicted to that Miyazaki crack. Give em a little taste and have them fiend for more.

I think they just want good gameplay, and entertaining commentary. I think the LP is perfectly fine, but others may not.
Now, those throwing bitch fits are not acceptable.

I'm in agreement. I don't think how many people realize how challenging it can be to talk, play, and make sure nothing fucks up with the recording all at the same time.

Also how challenging it is to be entertaining on camera.

i really want to know why Pat isnt using his Souls experience
not talking to npcs multiple times and such
id understand if it was DSP, but this is Pat were talking about

The LP's fine. Most of the shit they're missing these people probably missed their first time as well. People need to stop acting like they're perfect.

Hell, I didn't even consider using the torch in old Yharnam and I've played the game from start to finish 3 times now.

MrHoot

Pat, apart from his gingerly scrubbiness, does bring up a good point. I don't understand why there's a chained up beast corpse in old yarnham. Was it a left behind of the church that the current residents just took up as some idol/martyr ? Because it wouldn't make sense for them to put him like this

Hell, I didn't even consider using the torch in old Yharnam and I've played the games from start to finish 3 times now.

Some basic stuff inherent to souls game like checking item desc or checking your environment. I mean, this isn't Pat's first souls game.

This tells me nothing. Please actually explain why it's apparently the peak of souls game LPs.

She had like, an insane level of observation skill. She would observe patiently a lot of the environment, deduce BY HERSELF the lore of a lot of place, sometimes even shit that were not really noticed before (mind you, this is without really knowing anything about souls beforehand or checking an ENB video. Even a lot of veteran souls player wouldn't know that). And overall she was also pretty damn good and very charming, nice lady. Even if it was souls, it was so relaxing. Like the magic school bus of lordran

people on the reddit think the Redbull is fucking with Pats Souls experience
theres only one thing left to do then
Frienders in Canada have to confiscate all the Red Bull to save the Playthrough Solid Snake style

"Hey Matt, what'd you do this week?"
"I consumed a shitload of media."

I find it hard to believe he doesn't have free time.

You mean other than running a channel, recording videos, preparing his wedding, spending time with his soon to be wife...yeah should have plenty of free time.

This tells me nothing. Please actually explain why it's apparently the peak of souls game LPs.

Alright. Kay goes completely blind, into a game that is considered overly obtuse, and not welcoming to beginners, and manages to git gud.

The first chunk of videos are pretty rough, because she was really bad at the game, but through the power of sheer optimism, and the ability to parry the world (I learned from her LP that you can actually parry arrows, even though it is mostly useless) beat the game in style.

What's great about the LP is how insightful and aware of the world she is. She takes her time, is experimental with her play, and tries to learn the lore of the game, reading item descriptions and exploring the world in depth.

aly

The LP's fine. Most of the shit they're missing these people probably missed their first time as well. People need to stop acting like they're perfect.

Hell, I didn't even consider using the torch in old Yharnam and I've played the game from start to finish 3 times now.

To be fair, I think its ok to be irritated by not finishing talking to NPC's, checking corners or reading items that explain stuff, since that was stuff they were really careful about in Dark Souls 2 LP.If your just watching them without playing yourself it gets even more confusing.

Dat red bull messes with your observation skills.

Don't be.

I think you're not missing much except hearing Pat and Woolie fanboy and giggle over the cool gameplay & weapons.

I'm still trying to piece together the story of what happened.
I guess but I doesnt help that 2/4ths of the lps I watch on a daily basis are bloodborne lps, and it really doesnt help when only Im only watching one best friend lp

sjay1994

Don't be.

I think you're not missing much except hearing Pat and Woolie fanboy and giggle over the cool gameplay & weapons.

All I know is the game was werewolves, then suddenly
cthulhu

I am pretty salt that that boss elevator glitched on me, that I don't feel like playing until it gets patched.

So hopefully the LP doesn't pass me till that patch happens.

MrHoot

Don't be.

Kotaku (yes I know) actually did a really REALLY good breakdown of the whole story:
http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2015/04/09/whats-really-going-on-in-bloodborne
From the origin of the old one and yarnham to what is actually going on to the end of the story (spoilers ahead, obviously)

Also, fun times is that the retsupurae bloodborne LP is going almost exactly at the same pace as the TBF one. I'm actually really enjoying watching slowbeef playing with diabetus backseat watching

Also, fun times is that the retsupurae bloodborne LP is going almost exactly at the same pace as the TBF one. I'm actually really enjoying watching slowbeef playing with diabetus backseat watching
They both compliment each other rather well too, considering slowbeef plays very aggressively and rushes into situations while Diabetus likes to be more observant and take things slowly. But of course the real highlights are the voices they do for the crows whenever they're on screen.

Both LPs are doing a good job of keeping me entertained, though.

MrHoot

They both compliment each other rather well too, considering slowbeef plays very aggressively and rushes into situations while Diabetus likes to be more observant and take things slowly. But of course the real highlights are the voices they do for the crows whenever they're on screen.

Both LPs are doing a good job of keeping me entertained, though.

The ridley voice will live on

OH BOY FANCY TREATS
BwgRoZv.gif

sjay1994

DRAMATIC REVEAL

Woolie: Just ride into the sunset

Pat: NO!

Everyone: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

This was the moment I burst into tears

Skrams

Only annoyance so far with this FNF is that they don't seem to know that just hitting the triggers lets you punch. They seem to just be going solely off throwing and momentum.

Then Liam talks about punching two seconds later. They know about it I guess, but rarely bother with it.

Only annoyance so far with this FNF is that they don't seem to know that just hitting the triggers lets you punch. They seem to just be going solely off throwing and momentum.

Then Liam talks about punching two seconds later. They know about it I guess, but rarely bother with it.
I think part of the problem is that camera zooms out so much that you can't really tell if they're just doing normal flailing or actually punching.

Numb

They fixed some of those misses in Bloodborne.
And no Ultimax either, seems like things are getting back to normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom