• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Okingjrr

Woolie just cheesing Shao Khan almost makes me want to give that final story mode fight against him a second shot.

The last time I played MK9 story mode I got stuck at the Scorpion/Quan Chi 1v2 match, got super salty and gave up.
Also, got my copy of MKX early, curse Xbone install speed!

I really hope next week's FNF is MKX. I wanna hear the zaibatsu gushing over how good the game feels.

67ee97e03c16f8b617dfb421fd7eff48.gif

DRAMATIC REVEAL

FNF moment #37

Skrams

Bloodborne Part 10- A lot of misconceptions and a lot of oh god, why. Pat, no, please, they're not coming out of the ground. Please stop. I also feel bad for Woolie because in a typical setting the person playing feels the loss of the souls/blood echoes. For this it's just Pat shouldering it all on Woolie. It's not great. I'm also glad Woolie caught that they missed lighting the first lamp. I dislike seeing Pat trying to set up bricks of thought for how he thinks the game works when they're wrong, but I guess those will hopefully be fixed with time. Wonder if they'll notice the path to the main cathedral later on. I also don't think they checked the new armor they got so welllllllllll. I also expected more of a reaction from the
shield
, but it kind of reeked of Pat already knows about it so little to no reaction. Also more not fully exhausting NPC dialogue and forgetting to read item descriptions.

A guy also made an infographic on the subreddit for Episode 1-10 and will continue to do so for each 10 episodes.

FNF was also good like everyone has already mentioned. Gang Beasts maintains being a great game to fuck around with. I thought I'd be tired out a bit after seeing it with Giantbomb so much, but seeing a set of new people get more use to it made it better than I thought it would be.

I'm surprised they didn't end with MK9 video with another challenge either. It would of been neat to see, but I also don't think I could stand seeing a game of one upping each other every 2-3 weeks.

kewlmyc

Bloodborne Part 10- A lot of misconceptions and a lot of oh god, why. Pat, no, please, they're not coming out of the ground. Please stop. I also feel bad for Woolie because in a typical setting the person playing feels the loss of the souls/blood echoes. For this it's just Pat shouldering it all on Woolie. It's not great. I'm also glad Woolie caught that they missed lighting the first lamp. I dislike seeing Pat trying to set up bricks of thought for how he thinks the game works when they're wrong, but I guess those will hopefully be fixed with time. Wonder if they'll notice the path to the main cathedral later on. I also don't think they checked the new armor they got so welllllllllll. I also expected more of a reaction from the
shield
, but it kind of reeked of Pat already knows about it so little to no reaction. Also more not fully exhausting NPC dialogue and forgetting to read item descriptions.

A guy also made an infographic on the subreddit for Episode 1-10 and will continue to do so for each 10 episodes.

FNF was also good like everyone has already mentioned. Gang Beasts maintains being a great game to fuck around with. I thought I'd be tired out a bit after seeing it with Giantbomb so much, but seeing a set of new people get more use to it made it better than I thought it would be.

I'm surprised they didn't end with MK9 video with another challenge either. It would of been neat to see, but I also don't think I could stand seeing a game of one upping each other every 2-3 weeks.
I'm Still sad they missed the Viola side quest.

Skrams

I'm Still sad they missed the Viola side quest.

I'd probably be sad too if I knew what that quest was completely. I'm still on my first playthrough and missed her as well. Talking to windows was not obvious to me at all. I only noticed Gilbert due to his loud coughing at one point. I hope they accidentally go back to
the Gascoigne arena
to find a thing, but I kind of doubt they will.

I think they have to do a ridiculous different challenge first then challenge Max.

MrHoot

When, compared to the armor or npc stuff, i'm not mad about viola. It took me a while too at the beginning to realise that lamps in front of windows actually meant npcs, and i had to come back later on after i got to cathedral ward to speak to all of the ones i missed.

Also they should totally do Pooh's Homerun Baseball Derby (The japanese version) as a challenge.

Silly old bears

Tako

When, compared to the armor or npc stuff, i'm not mad about viola. It took me a while too at the beginning to realise that lamps in front of windows actually meant npcs, and i had to come back later on after i got to cathedral ward to speak to all of the ones i missed.

Also they should totally do Pooh's Homerun Baseball Derby (The japanese version) as a challenge.

Silly old bears

That would be great but I wouldn't want to see the gang just play random games online. Maybe if they had like a list of like 20 and gave each game like 30 minutes and have been drinking for a while sure

Youtube comments are actually pretty good on that Max video.

It's ten percent salt
Twenty percent hype
Fifteen percent animations by Plague of Gripes
Five percent fart gas, fifty percent RAGE
And a hundred percent reason to remember the name.
We are Zaibatsu.

IronLich

*FNF Gang Beasts*

People talk about the reveal on the GAME OF THE YEAR moment, and it's fucking awesome, but Liam just deadweighting Matt and throwing him into the fire with one hand is especially good. Such an awesome visual.

I really hope some of this stuff just flat out gets animated replacing the gelatin creatures with Best Friends likenesses.

Okingjrr

Why do I have a feeling that by trying to reschedule whatever was in the 3PM slot to put in Bloodborne, Pat forgot to actually put the Bloodborne video in the slot?

MrHoot

My counter to no bloodborne is that i'm actually start a new character on bloodborne, yaaaay !

Think i'm gonna do a STR/ARC build this time around

Ha, my Wrestling is Strange video got a shout out. And I remember Liam mentioning Shadow John Cena in the Super Mario RPG LP. I'm glad the Best Friends seem to enjoy my work as much as I enjoy their's. :)
You created Wrestling is Strange? Brava dude! It's fantastic work!

This game's script is a work of art.
Ha, my Wrestling is Strange video got a shout out. And I remember Liam mentioning Shadow John Cena in the Super Mario RPG LP. I'm glad the Best Friends seem to enjoy my work as much as I enjoy their's. :)

I just checked out the video. That was hilarious. Good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom