• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha Pat started Gintama, I hope he sticks with it awhile because it just gets better over time after the slow start.
The first episode being a double with the Star Wars crap is a filler episode, so I'm sure Gin and Shinpachi being introduced in Episode 2 or 3 or whatever is a little strange since that's suppose to be episode 1.

Also with how dismissive Matt and Liam are in Life Is Strange, I feel like they may as well stop the LP now, they aren't paying attention to anything and are just running around shitting all over everything and getting carried away (That's how it looks anyway) which is going to make certain things really unfortunate for them later and probably make them enjoy the game even less from their own doing, I don't want 3 more LIS episodes of this.

To be fair, them not enjoying the game as they go through it has never really caused them to just drop an LP, otherwise Evil Within and TWD S2 would have been dropped super hard (or any bad game for that matter). Also, the game still has 3 episodes left, more than enough time to change their overall opinion of it. I don't think they've completely dismissed the entire game because they didn't like 1 episode.

Dark Souls is actually the best Castlevania game

jjxJdZE.jpg

We doing this?

Dark Souls is the Super Castlevania 4 equivalent.

Demon Souls would be Castlevania 1.

DS2 is Castlevania 3.

Bloodborne is Castlevania: Rondo of Blood.

Impending jimmies rustled in 3...2...1...

demidar

SoTN is great. I also enjoyed the first game starring Soma Cruz (Aria of Sorrow?) since the Souls system was new. Circle of the Moon had that card mix system but it was only okay, and that run animation, eesh. Order of Ecclesia is the best handheld Metroidvania hands down. Never played the others (second Soma game or Portrait of Ruin). Never played the earlier Castlevanias either, nor Rondo of Blood or the other one starring the lance wielder.

Geg

Listening to them talk about Resident Evil Revelations II on the podcast right now, what exactly did they do to get the bad ending? Is it something they've already done or will it be in the Episode 4 videos?

Skrams

Listening to them talk about Resident Evil Revelations II on the podcast right now, what exactly did they do to get the bad ending? Is it something they've already done or will it be in the Episode 4 videos?

I think the choice was made in Episode 3. I think it's when
blobman who I forget the name of grabs Claire. You can mash the button for Claire to grab the gun or switch over to Moira. Moira can then crawl over to pick up the gun. This is way worse in coop though since Pat just started mashing while Matt sits there thinking what do I do? That's why afterwards Matt was thinking he could of done something, but Pat was too quick to mash for them to know.

At the end of the fight with Mr. Oroboros, if you don't have Moira pick up the gun, you get the bad ending.

Catching up on the LiS LP and so far it seems pretty good. Usual SoL drama with a sci-fi twist with the time powers, but I can see who the audience is for this and why they would love it (even with the sometimes cringeworthy dialogue). Also, getting Matt and Liam to LP it was great, but part of me would love to see Pat here just to see how he'd choose decisions, but I guess he has his hands full with all that Bloodborne and Monster Hunter crack.

Star Ocean 5 announced. Hopefully it will be as good as Star Ocean 2.

I need to play SO2, heard so many good things about it.

Archgan

What do you guys think the new video coming out today is? I think the LP Matt accidentally mentioned that's "never coming out" might be Sonic Adventure, but I didn't pick up on the hints for the other one.

Catching up on the LiS LP and so far it seems pretty good. Usual SoL drama with a sci-fi twist with the time powers, but I can see who the audience is for this and why they would love it (even with the sometimes cringeworthy dialogue). Also, getting Matt and Liam to LP it was great, but part of me would love to see Pat here just to see how he'd choose decisions, but I guess he has his hands full with all that Bloodborne and Monster Hunter crack..

The LP benefits with Matt and Liam getting extra salty over the slight pretentiousness. Oh and Shin-Liam.

Critically Acclaimed Action RPG Becomes Fastest Selling Monster HunterTM Title in the West
San Mateo, Calif. — April 14, 2015 — Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, is pleased to confirm that Monster Hunter™ 4 Ultimate for Nintendo 3DS™ has shipped one million units in combined retail and digital units since its release across North America and Europe on February 13, 2015. The game has now become the fastest selling and has the highest Metascore of any Monster Hunter™ title in the west. In celebration of the milestone, a special free Nintendo 3DS theme will be available for download in May as a token of appreciation for all the fan support.

Go monhun!

Geg

How spoilery are we talking about here?

I dunno, I just tapped out when they started talking about stuff.

I don't think they mention anything specifically beyond where the LP is other than some vague stuff. Liam does go a little into detail about stuff that happened to him in chalice dungeons though, but refrains from talking about specific enemies that Pat and Woolie haven't encountered yet

I don't think they mention anything specifically beyond where the LP is other than some vague stuff. Liam does go a little into detail about stuff that happened to him in chalice dungeons though, but refrains from talking about specific enemies that Pat and Woolie haven't encountered yet
They spoil details about an optional area. If anyone's going cold turkey on BB, steer clear of that 10 minutes or so.

These threads have slowed down a ton. What happened?
What needed to happen.
Oh stop.
Re: The latest podcast

Sorry Matt, but Terminator Genisys looks like garbage and the Flash is amazing.
I really don't recall Matt praising it, more like reserving judgement
day
until it comes out.
Woah fucking jeez. All the Bloodborne spoiler in the podcast. When do they end?
Really? Maybe I'm just old and forgetful but it already left my brain.

Ants

does anyone have a link/archive to the "i saw a digimon" posts they always talk about? woolie has brought this up like six times and it's always hilarious

"you're so lucky"

Skrams

does anyone have a link/archive to the "i saw a digimon" posts they always talk about? woolie has brought this up like six times and it's always hilarious

"you're so lucky"

I don't have a link to the post, but I think Pat originally got on board with it through The F Plus podcast episode. I'm unsure of the exact posts though.

And then squish found it. You should probably still listen to that episode anyway.

Anung

Un Rama
Finally watched and caught up with Bloodborne. It's been really entertaining so far and I've even though I know whats going to happen and what to do I don't find their mistakes annoying or anything. Only thing that does get on my nerves is when Woolie has next to no health and doesn't pop a blood vial immediately. One of the reasons he keeps dying so easily.

Currently treating their DS2 LP as a podcast as I play through DS2:SOTFS for the first time ever.

Really? Maybe I'm just old and forgetful but it already left my brain.

There's nothing they say that's the least bit significant as a spoiler, people just got really dumb around here about what qualifies as a spoiler for this game.

The name of a boss that isn't a character you met previously in the game is not a spoiler. Ebrietas! I can say Ebrietas all day long, because you don't ever hear the name until you're staring right at the damn thing, and it doesn't mean anything by itself, so it's not a freaking spoiler.

Cainhurst! Oh god, now you know there's a place called Cainhurst. Based on your extensive knowledge of the etymology of fantasy names, you can now deduce exactly what that place is and what happens there, and why it's important to the story. You know, or you know nothing, except that there's a zone called Cainhurst.

There are a few things you can spoil in the game, mostly in terms of recurring characters, or area/boss names that (at least with a minimal amount of context) can really give major story clues. The "just spoiler tag everything" mentality of the community is laughable, though. There's maybe four actual, meaningful spoilers for this game, and three of them are things people rarely bother to tag in the thread. Otherwise we just spend all day blacking out the name "Blood-Starved Beast", because oh god, we don't want people to know there's a beast that wants blood in Bloodborne/Beast Souls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom