• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skrams

I suspect they're playing MKX and Bloodborne so early after release because they're all fans of it.
I figured it for the likes of MKX, Bloodborne, and Revelaitons 2. I just hope it doesn't persist to games they don't need a full LP. That's why I usually like the quick looks since it's a way to get the hype out without fully committing. There's also Life is Strange and Game of Thrones, but I figure we're going to keep getting LPs for weird monthly/bimonthly story games like those if the game is interesting enough. I'm sure they'll put out a new LP for some dumb older shit soon so it will probably shut me up, but eh.

I have a feeling that the Episodic games are a weird instance for them, because it would be kind of disappointing if they didn't try to actually finish those episodic games, but it looks like they're giving the games a lot more screen time than normal because they keep popping up. I think it'll all be fine and it's just a weird confluence of their LPs, much as how the Golden Age got started.

Side note, does anyone have some good mashup tracks or a list of music they've played at the end of the podcast? That's the problem with their audio at the end of the podcast: Woolie makes such strong picks that I really fucking need more hype music.

Skrams

I have a feeling that the Episodic games are a weird instance for them, because it would be kind of disappointing if they didn't try to actually finish those episodic games, but it looks like they're giving the games a lot more screen time than normal because they keep popping up. I think it'll all be fine and it's just a weird confluence of their LPs, much as how the Golden Age got started.

Side note, does anyone have some good mashup tracks or a list of music they've played at the end of the podcast? That's the problem with their audio at the end of the podcast: Woolie makes such strong picks that I really fucking need more hype music.

Of course they'll finish them. They've never not finished a playthrough. I doubt they'll ever not finish games. I'm pretty sure they've commented on that kind of shit before. I also figure it might just be all these LPs popping up at the same time thing. We did just have SMRPG, Parasite Eve, and SH2. I just hope we don't get too many Quick Looks and newer games to where I have to wait a month for something older or already more proven. Waiting for the Big The Cat Spindash Quick Look Full LP still.

This also might be your best bet as each podcast page has the song listed at the end. Not sure if there's just a list though without having to go to each and every page.

tsundoku

GAF-sempai, I know you're a Bloodborne mania a-and all but what do you think of Mewtwo and M-mii costumes.

Mewtwo feels kind of shit
they buffed his fair and upsmash from melee and that feels like about all.

GAF-sempai, I know you're a Bloodborne mania a-and all but what do you think of Mewtwo and M-mii costumes.

Wait, it's working? I tried it an hour ago and it said it hadn't been released yet.

This pisses me off as I am now at work and cannot fuck around with the best character from melee.

Skrams

Roy's only rumored tho.

no

Also cracked because I was bored and now I guess I'm going to watch the Life is Strange LP instead of waiting to play the game a year from now. Maybe I'll jump in during Episode 3 and play it myself or something if I'm tempted. People weren't over exaggerating with this amazeballs shit. Fuck you selfies and sadfaces. It hurts. Liam is also pretty on fire with the first few episodes. Hope it keeps up.

Roy's only rumored tho.

What are you talking about? He's in
Roy_%28SSB4%29.jpg

Neol

I mean he felt like shit in melee.

That being said he definitely feels better now. Air moves and some ground moves feel better and seem to have larger hitboxes which is nice and all his throws seem good including his forward throw which used to be god awful. With how smash4 is floaty and such his recovery is pretty lackluster tho.

Diddy is still the king tho.

no

Also cracked because I was bored and now I guess I'm going to watch the Life is Strange LP instead of waiting to play the game a year from now. Maybe I'll jump in during Episode 3 and play it myself or something if I'm tempted. People weren't over exaggerating with this amazeballs shit. Fuck you selfies and sadfaces. It hurts. Liam is also pretty on fire with the first few episodes. Hope it keeps up.

Final Fantasy:The Spirits Within is the best scifi movie evar.

Rean

I never expected MKX to be more than a fisticuffs.
Truly surprised.
I'm actually interested in what they'll play for fisticuffs this week. It might not be MKX because they're still going through the story mode, and they might wait until they beat the game so they have all the characters available to use.

There are many things I can't believe about DBZ. For example, I still can't believe the way they treated Gohan. I'm not over it yet.
Me either.

aly

I never expected MKX to be more than a fisticuffs.
Truly surprised.

I'm so glad it isn't. I just want to see their reactions to story mode. I just died when they described that moment between Jacqui and Takeda.

I cant believe super saiyan god super saiyan is a real thing.

There are many things I can't believe about DBZ. For example, I still can't believe the way they treated Gohan. I'm not over it yet.

360pages

The new form is pretty much a mixture of Super Sayian God with the Regular Super Sayian form. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this is the way they get around, no more new Super Sayians...by recoloring the existing forms.

Plus at least now Vegeta is around the same ballpark as Goku...both of them are slowly getting too strong for anyone else to matter though.

Do you really care about DBZ? Do you really? Reeeally?

After DB ended, it was all just about scaling up the power and the fights and the amount of damage that could be done to the VAs' throats.

Until we get a SBFP of Rage vs Dumplin in DBZX, you really shouldn't give a shit about DBZ.

Do you really care about DBZ? Do you really? Reeeally?

After DB ended, it was all just about scaling up the power and the fights and the amount of damage that could be done to the VAs' throats.

Until we get a SBFP of Rage vs Dumplin in DBZX, you really shouldn't give a shit about DBZ.
I wanr dumplin to win that fight cause I have a thing for danny devito voices.

The new form is pretty much a mixture of Super Sayian God with the Regular Super Sayian form. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this is the way they get around, no more new Super Sayians...by recoloring the existing forms.

Plus at least now Vegeta is around the same ballpark as Goku...both of them are slowly getting too strong for anyone else to matter though.
That sounds like it could either be super okay or really stupid.

And yeah, it's getting ridiculous how much nobody but them even matters anymore.

Anung

Un Rama
Caught up with the podcasts. Every time they shit talk TEW I twitch. Shame they aren't giving DLC a chance as its awesome.

I'm on episode 13 of the Dark Souls 2 LP. Not sure if Bloodborne is harder but I'm kicking the fuck out of DS2. Hollow most of the time and I'm one shotting pretty much most bosses. I think I've sequence broke quite a bit though.

Debating whether I'll watch MKX LP as I have less than no interest in that game.

EDIT: I like how by pussyfooting up the ladder they basically allowed him to get away from the ledge (BB 13)

MrHoot

Caught up with the podcasts. Every time they shit talk TEW I twitch. Shame they aren't giving DLC a chance as its awesome.

I'm on episode 13 of the Dark Souls 2 LP. Not sure if Bloodborne is harder but I'm kicking the fuck out of DS2. Hollow most of the time and I'm one shotting pretty much most bosses. I think I've sequence broke quite a bit though.

Debating whether I'll watch MKX LP as I have less than no interest in that game.

EDIT: I like how by pussyfooting up the ladder they basically allowed him to get away from the ledge (BB 13)

Most of Dark souls 2 bosses from the first half are sadly painfully easy, it's kind of a shame. If you're half decent at dodging then you can easily take no damage on every boss.

Starts to pick up mostly after the castle

Most of Dark souls 2 bosses from the first half are sadly painfully easy, it's kind of a shame. If you're half decent at dodging then you can easily take no damage on every boss.

Nice how they fucked up I-frames tying them to a stat to make dodging less viable for the early game though.

Pretty swell.

Anung

Un Rama

I've just beat Freya spider and now at the Luna Belfry doing the first sinner and ruin sentinel s.

Another entertaining episode of Bloodborne. Woolie got so damn luckily. I do keep shouting at the screen "POP YOUR VIAL"

This is the nit-pickiest shit but every time Woolie mispronounces Gascoigne it gets on my nerves.

Had they not picked up the badge and just went on believing Liam about not getting the Pile Bunker, I think I might have ruptured a spleen right there.

That said, given how they dumped the Cane and Hammer for that whore-axe (she's easy, get it?) there's no way they would stick through with the Stake Driver even if they get it.

MrHoot

Nice how they fucked up I-frames tying them to a stat to make dodging less viable for the early game though.

Pretty swell.

Yeah, although even with low adapt you can avoid pretty easily the earliest bosses (last giant, dragonrider, flexile sentry, sentinels etc are all pretty damn slow) but yeah, most of the frustration doesn't come from missed dodges rather than dodgy hitboxes and the silly evade stat

Also hilarious death of Djura. I wonder how many people actually legit killed him ? My first try, i pushed him off. The second, he did a sick dash into the void.

It's starting to pick up. Same as Chaos, i would've raged if they hadn't picked up the badge (or if it fell somewhere else, they wouldn't think of reloading the level and go back up) but it seems Pat guessed straight about buying the pile bunker. I'm doing a new run with that weapon and shit's AMAZING

It's starting to pick up. Same as Chaos, i would've raged if they hadn't picked up the badge (or if it fell somewhere else, they wouldn't think of reloading the level and go back up) but it seems Pat guessed straight about buying the pile bunker. I'm doing a new run with that weapon and shit's AMAZING

Man, I want to try a quality build using the Stake Driver and Ludwig, and the Axe as the starter.

But people keep talking about the short range though...

Gestahl

It's actually a bad translation maybe. You can see German Spy talk about the actual JP translation here. (12:25)

Cause y'know, Woolie is Canadian.

How is it a bad translation??? It's an actual name that's pronounced gas-coin, in Japan his name is ガスコイン which is Japanese for goddamn Gascoigne. Seems pretty cut and dry to me despite whatever Woolie's broken French-Canadian infected brain might turn the name into

MrHoot

Man, I want to try a quality build using the Stake Driver and Ludwig, and the Axe as the starter.

But people keep talking about the short range though...

I'm putting up a STR/ARC build with the steak drive-in and barbequer in the left hand to see how it goes. So far it's hilarious

Pretty swell.
Eh, I don't mind it so much. Difficulty curve feels more like classic From Soft which is something I'm used to after dabbling in King's Field and their older RPGs, plus the other mechanics changes has me enjoying playing the game way more than Dark 1.

Though bosses and level design is a bit of a mixed bag from what I've seen, not really something I'll argue.

Woolie's French-Canadian
That's more what I was blaming.
Eh, I don't mind it so much. Difficulty curve feels more like classic From Soft which is something I'm used to after dabbling in King's Field and their older RPGs, plus the other mechanics changes has me enjoying playing the game way more than Dark 1.

Though bosses and level design is a bit of a mixed bag from what I've seen, not really something I'll argue.
Are you playing Scholar? They mixed enemies up and added a lot more of them.

Anung

Un Rama
It's actually a bad translation maybe. You can see German Spy talk about the actual JP translation here. (12:25)

Cause y'know, Woolie is Canadian.

Yeah, I gathered that he was more likely to look at it with a french inflection but it doesn't stop it annoying me. Again it is just me being overly nit-picky.

MrHoot

Well i mean I am french (well, swiss-french) but we would pronounce it like most people pronounce it "Gass-coïnne", not GasDUCKNOISE. And Gas-Coin seemed like the most correct english pronunciation for me

Sort of relevant to the thread. I'm listening to the Dude Soup podcast by Funhaus and Adam Kovic name drops the Street Fighter compilations by "Switcher" around the 31 minute mark of the #11th one

Archgan

Sort of relevant to the thread. I'm listening to the Dude Soup podcast by Funhaus and Adam Kovic name drops the Street Fighter compilations by "Switcher" around the 31 minute mark of the #11th one

I love that Matt is sometimes more famous for his cartoon flophouse videos than the Best Friends.

demidar

Well i mean I am french (well, swiss-french) but we would pronounce it like most people pronounce it "Gass-coïnne", not GasDUCKNOISE. And Gas-Coin seemed like the most correct english pronunciation for me

There are a lot of things named Gascoigne here and it's pronounced Gas-coin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom