• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrHoot

damn does the game slows down when woolie gets the controller.
But at least, yaaaay bloodstarved beast shenanigans have started

There's nothing they say that's the least bit significant as a spoiler, people just got really dumb around here about what qualifies as a spoiler for this game.

The name of a boss that isn't a character you met previously in the game is not a spoiler. Ebrietas! I can say Ebrietas all day long, because you don't ever hear the name until you're staring right at the damn thing, and it doesn't mean anything by itself, so it's not a freaking spoiler.

Cainhurst! Oh god, now you know there's a place called Cainhurst. Based on your extensive knowledge of the etymology of fantasy names, you can now deduce exactly what that place is and what happens there, and why it's important to the story. You know, or you know nothing, except that there's a zone called Cainhurst.

There are a few things you can spoil in the game, mostly in terms of recurring characters, or area/boss names that (at least with a minimal amount of context) can really give major story clues. The "just spoiler tag everything" mentality of the community is laughable, though. There's maybe four actual, meaningful spoilers for this game, and three of them are things people rarely bother to tag in the thread. Otherwise we just spend all day blacking out the name "Blood-Starved Beast", because oh god, we don't want people to know there's a beast that wants blood in Bloodborne/Beast Souls.

tumblr_lpp8d5tXSh1qh5qfgo1_400.gif

croten

There's nothing they say that's the least bit significant as a spoiler, people just got really dumb around here about what qualifies as a spoiler for this game.

The name of a boss that isn't a character you met previously in the game is not a spoiler. Ebrietas! I can say Ebrietas all day long, because you don't ever hear the name until you're staring right at the damn thing, and it doesn't mean anything by itself, so it's not a freaking spoiler.

Cainhurst! Oh god, now you know there's a place called Cainhurst. Based on your extensive knowledge of the etymology of fantasy names, you can now deduce exactly what that place is and what happens there, and why it's important to the story. You know, or you know nothing, except that there's a zone called Cainhurst.

There are a few things you can spoil in the game, mostly in terms of recurring characters, or area/boss names that (at least with a minimal amount of context) can really give major story clues. The "just spoiler tag everything" mentality of the community is laughable, though. There's maybe four actual, meaningful spoilers for this game, and three of them are things people rarely bother to tag in the thread. Otherwise we just spend all day blacking out the name "Blood-Starved Beast", because oh god, we don't want people to know there's a beast that wants blood in Bloodborne/Beast Souls.

Sounds like someone is a little pissy about pressing a simple button out of courtesy.

I hope there's a situation in Life is Strange in which you try to travel back in time to save someone and there's no way to win, and the game just waits for you to realize that.

This game doesn't know how to do cool things though.

I hope Warren is the killer, I hate him as much as Liam does.

I hope there's a situation in Life is Strange in which you try to travel back in time to save someone and there's no way to win, and the game just waits for you to realize that.
What I really wanted from the Kate situation is
for me to be able to rewind, but if you have made bad choices previously, you can't save her no matter what, no matter how you rewind, no matter what you say.

I want that eventually. Short term time power is really different from long term.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I have to say, I think the Life is Strange playthrough is my favorite thing on the site in a long time. I'm genuinely interested in where the game's story is going (so much so that I'm going to buy the whole thing once it's all out and see what the alternate paths are like), I love the ridiculous dialogue, and best of all Matt and Liam play off each other so well. It's really a great LP and I can't wait for the next part.

My favorite part of the Life is Strange LP is Liam getting super pissed at the stupid shit in the writing. It's a pretty interesting change from how he usually behaves.

Numb

Super Best Friends Play Mortal Kombat X (Part 1)

Website
Youtube

I have to say, I think the Life is Strange playthrough is my favorite thing on the site in a long time. I'm genuinely interested in where the game's story is going (so much so that I'm going to buy the whole thing once it's all out and see what the alternate paths are like), I love the ridiculous dialogue, and best of all Matt and Liam play off each other so well. It's really a great LP and I can't wait for the next part.

I am more interested in it than i thought i would be. The LP is hilarious,

He's not saying Liam wrote it, he is saying that this is the FAQ Liam was talking about on the podcast.

On a related note, apparently Chrome/Neogaf doesn't think Liam is a word.

Ah, that makes more sense. I haven't listened to the whole podcast yet, so I didn't have any context.

Liam's hatred of Warren is just the best thing.

I wish there was an option to RKO Warren out of nowhere and then rewind time

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Dammit. I'm gonna have to go watch a clean LP of the MKX story mode somewhere. I can't concentrate on the Zaibatsu's commentary because I actually care about the story. :lol

Sounds like someone is a little pissy about pressing a simple button out of courtesy.

Courtesy is one thing, but the Bloodborne threads look like a doujinshi that got hit by Japanese censorship at this point. Black bars fucking everywhere, and most of them aren't even covering anything that needs to be hidden.

Then the one or two things that actually are spoilers are just wagging out in the open, like someone slapped a little black bar over the tip of a dick and left the rest of the thing uncensored. A modicum of actual reason in how the things are applied would go a long, long way.

Skrams

Thought I'd throw this into the wind, but I hope the channel doesn't shift completely to 90% newer games to LP and 10% older shit. I understand that there's more revenue to be made when LPing newer games due to hype or interest, but I don't know if I want to see that as the main thing from now on. The good thing is at least the best friends seem to still be on quality control and picking games well suited for an LP by themselves. Even when people complain about Life is Strange it seems the game or Matt/Liam still has enough charm that makes the LP entertaining. I just hope to see some older games make a return instead of a new game LP happening every time a big thing releases.

I'm usually fine with Quick Looks at things because it's just quick way to get the hype out, but considering an MKX LP could take 2-3 weeks to watch with how it's doled out? It just doesn't completely groove with me.

Also maybe it was because I watched it on a Vita with it's shitty speakers, but I could barely hear any of the dialogue in MKX. I guess I'll need to read all those tiny subs on something that isn't a Vita.

Skrams

"Hey let me upgrade the thing I won't use" Fucking Pat lol. So what happened to their blood anyways? Does it actually not save when you quit?

I've heard sometimes the bloodstains glitch out and leave. Sometimes the bloodstain will also link to an enemy nowhere close to where you actually died. I'd be one level lower in a place in the game, fall/die, come back, and it would be linked to an enemy on the floor above where I died. For all we know it could of magically been attached to some other jobber back near where they found the Hunter's Torch.

I also hope they don't actually think enemies are spawning out of the ground. It's really cool how you can see practically every enemy in the world before they attack. That werewolf in particular was
just hanging out on the side of the building if you looked up.

Pat also continues to think those gesture sounds mean thumbs up. Then he thinks the glitched out bloodstains of other people's death mean they're regaining their bloodstain. I, uh, um.

semisonic

Banned
Courtesy is one thing, but the Bloodborne threads look like a doujinshi that got hit by Japanese censorship at this point. Black bars fucking everywhere, and most of them aren't even covering anything that needs to be hidden.

Then the one or two things that actually are spoilers are just wagging out in the open, like someone slapped a little black bar over the tip of a dick and left the rest of the thing uncensored. A modicum of actual reason in how the things are applied would go a long, long way.

You know, I finally take the time to come back here, and this is what I find.
It's good to be back.

grimmiq

I've heard sometimes the bloodstains glitch out and leave. Sometimes the bloodstain will also link to an enemy nowhere close to where you actually died. I'd be one level lower in a place in the game, fall/die, come back, and it would be linked to an enemy on the floor above where I died. For all we know it could of magically been attached to some other jobber back near where they found the Hunter's Torch.

My last session ended with me spending half an hour combing a zone for my 300k souls and finding out they somehow magically ended up inside a tough enemy in an underground cave I hadn't entered yet that playthrough despite being 3 full stamina bars of sprinting away from where I died.

You know, I finally take the time to come back here, and this is what I find.
It's good to be back.

The threads may have changed, but the soul still burns.

Though, on reflection, the tone there is a bit abrasive. I was going for more comical, but I suppose when I start talking about my misspent youth on fan interpretations of Sailor Moon, things get unnecessarily intense.

Oh, and Bloodborne. Bloodborne's pretty intense, too, I guess.

Thought I'd throw this into the wind, but I hope the channel doesn't shift completely to 90% newer games to LP and 10% older shit.

I suspect they're playing MKX and Bloodborne so early after release because they're all fans of it.

Also I just got an email with my Mewtwo DLC code. Fucking hype. Now I just have to be patient and wait for Mewtwo to come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom