• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course you will and they will buy it too. Because crossovers are the greatest thing ever and even if the game has shitty gameplay, people will still buy it.

I mean there's at least one character in that game for everyone. For fucks sake they even had Kos-Mos and T-elos.
PxZ 2 has more than solidified 2015 as the year of Vergil.

Also mother fucking Hotsuma is gonna be in it. Made me so excited that I started playing the PS2 Shinobi game again.

It will be impressive if Kate
will still play an important part in the story if you save her. Otherwise, it is just going to be another Walking Dead season 2 scenario.

That's a great question. Does that mean the team is writing these scenarios considering what choice you've made or is it one of those all paths lead to one game.

I'm oddly interested in buying the full game when all of the episodes release.

I share Pat's boner for Deus Ex:HR's cyberpunk and most of his wants.

Malik should be alive goddammit. I should really do that non-lethal after Pat talked about it. I always play minimum-lethality.

tumblr_mtow60tSRR1s2zvsto1_400.gif

Pat is at the first two "special" episodes which are just a filler that take place sometime in the future. They're the first two episodes on crunchyroll

The third episode is actually the real first episode where they start introducing characters.

Also, Gintama is horrible, he should keep watching it.

Pat is at the first two "special" episodes which are just a filler that take place sometime in the future. They're the first two episodes on crunchyroll

The third episode is actually the real first episode where they start introducing characters.

Also, Gintama is horrible, he should keep watching it.

horrible is the new great apparently

Wow, never thought I'd see the day when friender gaf was this slow...
Are any of my fightan buddies around? How many of you are playing MKX, and on what console?
Because I might be thinking about buying a PS4 and joining ya'll...

Skrams

Bloodborne Part 11- I'm constantly confused at their decisions and things.

"Wow, Gascoignes armor is worse than the armor we're wearing."
*Puts it on, sells all other armor besides a hat because fashion*
They really needed those 2500 souls I guess.

"So go to the medical clinic, wait, I've never seen this NPC. Now I can't remember where the other NPC is. Oh well, fuck it." I can't tell if he was talking about the old lady or
Viola.
I assume he meant the latter by the way Pat made it sound as if he didn't know about the other NPC.

And then some weird talking about balance beams and shit to jump to, but they make it sound like it's in the courtyard with the other hunter? I can't tell if they're referring to something else I don't know about or the balance beams/scaffolding in the bigger room.

We also spend 15 minutes or more in the Hunter's Dream of a 30 minute video.

Made a bad assumption maybe. It felt like 15 minutes with the retreading old areas, but I guess it was closer to 10-11 minutes.

Then I just got to the podcast part of Liam saying just sell a certain piece of armor later on because it's worth a lot.

Pat- "You know, I don't think we're going to do that."
*Oh god, we read the comments we know, laughter*

Ants

i can't believe when talking about the new Air Bud movie they didn't mention that it's about wrestling and has RUSSELL in the title

matt would have lost his fucking mind

Alfebit

Banned
i can't believe when talking about the new Air Bud movie they didn't mention that it's about wrestling and has RUSSELL in the title

matt would have lost his fucking mind

Apparently it was actually supposed to be called Russelmania but I guess there was some legal issues so they went with Russel Madness.

The only I switched armors was for a bullshit frenzy zone. I mean, I understand why he's minmaxing, but it's kinda irritating to see them take a RPG esque approach to the game, when it's not.

And besides, resists don't mean shit until you start stacking into the 300s.

Yeah, I've got a +300 Frenzy Resist Rune from Chalice Dungeons that I tried doing the NG+/++ versions of the Nightmare zones. Thanks to the amazing power of that rune, I was able to... very, very barely not get Frenzied if I killed the singers instantly and then booked it somewhere to hide and cry.

Much wow, such resist.

The poison on BSB honestly doesn't matter. The psychological handicap you're taking trying to avoid getting poisoned is ten times more damaging than the actual poison. Get your ass in there, drink a big mouthful of that vitriol, and then kick his ass while you're bathing in poison. Running around popping antidotes and wringing your hands about whether you can afford to stay in melee with him with your poison gauge being so high is what actually gets you killed.

I'll admit Arcane resist is pretty nice for DotC, though, if only so you don't get one-shot by her ridiculously BS orbital death rays.

Ants

Apparently it was actually supposed to be called Russelmania but I guess there was some legal issues so they went with Russel Madness.

yeah i doubt the zaibatsu would let such a terrible movie be made while infringing on their copyright of wrestlemania misspellings

I definitely agree with Liam's definition of metroidvania and have been telling people that for a while. A metroid style progression with RPG elements is a metroidvania.

I also don't like the name metroidvania, but its a simpler name for a genre than anything else I can think of.

Xiraiya

Haha Pat started Gintama, I hope he sticks with it awhile because it just gets better over time after the slow start.
The first episode being a double with the Star Wars crap is a filler episode, so I'm sure Gin and Shinpachi being introduced in Episode 2 or 3 or whatever is a little strange since that's suppose to be episode 1.

Also with how dismissive Matt and Liam are in Life Is Strange, I feel like they may as well stop the LP now, they aren't paying attention to anything and are just running around shitting all over everything and getting carried away (That's how it looks anyway) which is going to make certain things really unfortunate for them later and probably make them enjoy the game even less from their own doing, I don't want 3 more LIS episodes of this.

I definitely agree with Liam's definition of metroidvania and have been telling people that for a while. A metroid style progression with RPG elements is a metroidvania.

I also don't like the name metroidvania, but its a simpler name for a genre than anything else I can think of.

By that logic, Dark Souls goes from an Action RPG to a Metroidvania.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom